Sound Query

Robert Misner

Oct 4, 2014
well i would actually enjoy seeing Lon Chaney's Phantom @ the show.
All the theaters around here have an arcade section, they look like this

l.jpg

l.jpg

usually theres at least two pinball machines amongst the arcade machines and carnival games
currently its The walking dead and Avengers.

guess you guys don't have that in the UK?

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
I will say that the 360 version took a serious dive in sound quality since the new tables came out. Now the PC version sounds even better than the 360, which IMO, formerly had the best sound quality. Maybe just having 10 tables available wasn't such a bad thing after all.

"It is said" that the PC sound quality has been overhauled (bitrate, balance, and all that stuff), because otherwise it was too obvious it was the same quality than on mobile devices (i.e. poorly compressed and flat in order to not take too much space).

On consoles, I doubt that anything has been improved, so we still have the same sound quality than on mobiles (which hurts ears on a great sound system mega-subwoofer-hyper-bass-etc.)

Last edited:

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012

l.jpg

l.jpg

usually theres at least two pinball machines amongst the arcade machines and carnival games

Yeah, the theaters around me all have 1 or 2 tables. I can think of a Transformers, Simpsons, Iron Man, T2. Then the kids birthday/laser tag place has a Monster Bash. Several Bars have them. Walking Dead, AC/DC, Hook, Demolition Man, a racing one (not Victory or Hiugh Speed... the not-so-good one) and a couple others I can't remember. That's just from the last 3 bars I was at. Pizza place has a few too. Those are all within 15 minutes of my front door without me hunting any down.
*shrugs*

Nimrod

Oct 29, 2013

l.jpg

l.jpg

Unfortunately not, I've never even seen a pinball machine in the flesh, though I am only 22, pinball was pretty much dead by the time I was old enough to know about it.

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
Unfortunately not, I've never even seen a pinball machine in the flesh, though I am only 22, pinball was pretty much dead by the time I was old enough to know about it.

Never even seen one? That seems weird. I see them here and there without even looking for them. I dropped my daughter off at the bowling alley yesterday and they had Tee'd Off.
You never see them and I see them all the time, but never play them.

Nimrod

Oct 29, 2013
Never even seen one? That seems weird. I see them here and there without even looking for them. I dropped my daughter off at the bowling alley yesterday and they had Tee'd Off.
You never see them and I see them all the time, but never play them.

Yeah, arcades are only common in seaside towns too, and they're mostly just gambling machines rather than proper arcade machines.

Saying that I've just found this website http://www.pinformer.co.uk/ and it lists which pubs have pinball machines in, might have to have a hunt round for one.

Also just seen this http://ukpinballparty.com/, edit, just saw it's in South Wales, bit of an effort to go there ha

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts