Space Shuttle on PS3 apperance

Lord Boron

Apr 18, 2012
Looks dull and muddy to me. The flippers for example should be white, but look a dirty color. Compare it to WHite Water where the flippers look white. Seems to play well though.

Wigoutboy

Sep 5, 2012
Played for a few minutes and I'm liking the tables already. White Water is very fast with crazy ramps and Space Shuttle has a great sound pack and its very clever.

To the person that said that Space Shuttle looks muddy, I think the flippers look different because of the lighting. White Water is more bluish while Space Shuttle looks more yellow.

Very happy with this pack :eek:

Byte

Nov 11, 2012
White Water has of course the two-stage flipper issue, hopefully after 'Event Camera' we will see 'Flipper Mode' next.

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
Played for a few minutes and I'm liking the tables already. White Water is very fast with crazy ramps and Space Shuttle has a great sound pack and its very clever.

To the person that said that Space Shuttle looks muddy, I think the flippers look different because of the lighting. White Water is more bluish while Space Shuttle looks more yellow.

Very happy with this pack :eek:

I agree. It looks like they did a more of a incandescent look with Space Shuttle and an almost cool LED look with WH20. They both play wicked fast. All in all, I'm satisfied with their look and how they play. Here's hoping that Centaur and Pinbot look good too. Hopefully, next week for them.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
I think Space Shuttle is one of their more successful PS3 lighting ventures. White Water is kind of too bright and pink. Could be a lot worse though. ; )

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
Someone is claiming that you can play Pin*Bot and Centaur now if you buy the Season 2 pack.

I wish they would spend the required time and new DLC tables look as good as the first bunch of tables.

Sure they have their moments (Bride of Pin*Bot, CFTBL, Gorgar, Monster Bash),
but there have been too many lackluster tables such as Harley Davidson, Black Knight, NGG, Taxi, AFM.

The fact that they will never be able to improve these should be enough motivation to spend more time the first time around.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
The fact that they will never be able to improve these should be enough motivation to spend more time the first time around.

Yes, that would make a lot of sense.

I haven't bought this pack (waiting for PC), but the screens they posted on Facebook today don't look too bad.

MarkItZeroSmoky

May 26, 2013
I agree. It looks like they did a more of a incandescent look with Space Shuttle and an almost cool LED look with WH20. They both play wicked fast. All in all, I'm satisfied with their look and how they play. Here's hoping that Centaur and Pinbot look good too. Hopefully, next week for them.

Is that whats goin on with WH20? It has a purple hue, as if a purple/pinkish light is shining on the table. I thought something was wrong with the color/tint on my tv when i first played it.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
Is that whats goin on with WH20? It has a purple hue, as if a purple/pinkish light is shining on the table. I thought something was wrong with the color/tint on my tv when i first played it.

Yeah the weird pinky-orange lighting thing happens on a lot of PS3 tables: Funhouse, ST:TNG, Harley Davidson, etc. It happens less than it used to but...I guess it still happens. ; P

warh0g

Jan 3, 2013
Looking forward to play White Water on PS3. Playing on the iPad just does not compare to playing on a 48" tv with a controller :)
That being said, I am eagerly awaiting the PC version so I can try it out on my HTPC (If it will be able to run it lol).

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
Looks dull and muddy to me. The flippers for example should be white, but look a dirty color. Compare it to WHite Water where the flippers look white. Seems to play well though.

I'm not seeing a dull and muddy table. I think this one looks sharp and sparkly! It has the slightly darker ambient lighting that I like. Not crazy dark but just dimmed a little.

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012

One thing to note is that people view colors differently. Though the "correct" temperature settings that I may find online for my 50" Panny say that I should use "warm" I see it as too warm. Applying too much warm to an image with blue will yield a purplish look. I also see too much of a warm tint in white in that setting. Therefore I use "normal" and have no issues with this.

Nonetheless, I prefer the darker, more arcade look of something like the preview shot of this WH20 being played at PAPA. But that's gonna lead back to the old "night vs. day" argument that goes on here. I really wish that FarSight would have implemented a slider that could have controlled the ambient lighting.

[video]http://pinball.org/videos/tournament/papa/papa-14-qualifying-whitewater/[/video]

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
One thing to note is that people view colors differently. Though the "correct" temperature settings that I may find online for my 50" Panny say that I should use "warm" I see it as too warm. Applying too much warm to an image with blue will yield a purplish look. I also see too much of a warm tint in white in that setting. Therefore I use "normal" and have no issues with this.

Nonetheless, I prefer the darker, more arcade look of something like the preview shot of this WH20 being played at PAPA. But that's gonna lead back to the old "night vs. day" argument that goes on here. I really wish that FarSight would have implemented a slider that could have controlled the ambient lighting.

[video]http://pinball.org/videos/tournament/papa/papa-14-qualifying-whitewater/[/video]

I use a custom setting. I set the colors with a test disc and filters that you hold over your eye. You adjust until the color within the color disappears. But I still have some color shift with the time of day and even the season. I adjusted it for nighttime viewing with my lights in their normal mode. I should really make another "day" setting and turn off the screen's auto brightness. The auto brightness adjusts the screen depending on amount of light in the room. But it only does an ok job and it does not adjust for color temperature.

Tabe

Apr 12, 2012
I'm not seeing a dull and muddy table. I think this one looks sharp and sparkly! It has the slightly darker ambient lighting that I like. Not crazy dark but just dimmed a little.

It's definitely a little dull and muddy to me. Like there's a gray haze over everything. It still looks sharp but the colors are not great.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts