Spooky Halloween Tournament for mobile devices running 10/18/2014 to 10/25/2014

Eaton Beaver

Jan 25, 2014
Just noticed on Facebook the new tournament is up and running for iOS & Android! Here is the list of pinball tables: We just launched a spooky Halloween tournament for mobile devices! It is a timed tournament running for 1 week! Good luck everyone!!!
Tables:
Bram Stokers Dracula
Phantom of the Opera
Haunted House
Monster Bash
Scared Stiff
Elvira Party Monsters
Twilight Zone
Creature from the Black Lagoon

Good luck all I am again in Silver bracket for like the fifth month in a row...:D

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
Am I the only one who is struggling to play Monster Bash and Haunted House? They both appeared to become even harder than they once were.
I think I got a pretty good score on Creature, about 1.8 bil. Partly because of 2 4x Jackpots and a 4x Super Jackpot...

Eaton Beaver

Jan 25, 2014
Right now I am ranked 8th place in the Silver tournament. I already broke a few personal local high score records of mine and need to improve my scores on Twilight Zone and The Phantom Of The Opera to bump up in the standings.

SydyneBall

Jul 18, 2013
Mobile Gold:
As of this post:

Top 3 overall:
Toolint 730.09
Tripple I 661.57
Crusty Booger 650.51

Top score per table:

CFTBL:
8,042,613,610 Toolinit

Elvira Party Monsters:
63,207,830 Toolinit

HH:
3,334,200 ryan

MB:
1,912,290,290 Tripple I

POTO:
54,313,350 Toolint

SS:
141,740,570 samuel lee

TZ:
2,509,389,770 nzowl

BSD:
6,472,186,390 ksmmspt

191 people in the gold bracket.

I"m sitting in 55th with 435.60.

SydyneBall

Jul 18, 2013
Right now I am ranked 8th place in the Silver tournament. I already broke a few personal local high score records of mine and need to improve my scores on Twilight Zone and The Phantom Of The Opera to bump up in the standings.

Come On Eaton! Make it to Gold!

MWink

Jan 13, 2013
I really shouldn't participate in these tournaments. For one, they are only on mobile devices and I hate having to play on a tablet compared to a computer, where I can nudge more easily/quickly. Even worse, I play to win in the tournament and this mindset just doesn't work out well. I don't really understand why but I've definitely found that when I play to win, I do very poorly and end up intensely frustrated. The vast majority of my high scores and completed wizard goals occurred when I'm just playing for fun and not even trying to accomplish anything.

That said, I'm currently in 9th place in the Silver tournament. I'd love to stay in the top 10 but I'm sure I'll be knocked out of it before the tournament is over. I've pretty much given up on doing any better. Here are my comments on each table in the tournament:

Bram Stokers Dracula - I've attained a decent score. I always find this table is either really low scoring or really high scoring, depending entirely on multi-ball. I love the look of this table but the gameplay leaves something to be desired.

Phantom of the Opera - I got a decent score but nowhere near what I've gotten on the PC. I like this table but it's so easy for the ball to get out of control.

Haunted House- My first game was my best score (~800K). I love how this table looks and sounds but absolutely hate how it plays. I can never do anything high scoring and can never stay in the upper playfield. It just seems impossible to control the ball on this table.

Monster Bash- I got a decent score and am not trying again because I'm not very good at this table.

Scared Stiff- For a while I had one of the highest scores on this table. This table is so easy I had no trouble running out the clock. I actually prefer playing this with a time limit because otherwise it can go on way too long.

Elvira Party Monsters - After numerous tries I finally had a really good game. I don't know why but I find this table quite annoying. I think it may be the cheesy visuals and the awful sound effects, though I do love the dancing PEZ dispensers (Boogie Men).

Twilight Zone - This is probably my lowest ranking table. I managed 800M and just can't seem to do any better. I shouldn't be surprised as I'm not good at this table and still don't even understand much of what I'm trying to do on it. Somehow I managed to get 1.8B on it during the previous tournament.

Creature from the Black Lagoon- I actually got a decent score on this. In the past I've always hated this table. During this tournament I've given it yet another try and, this time, it actually did start to grow on me. I finally figured out methods to accomplish pretty much everything on this table and I'm starting to enjoy it. I like how multi-ball is only 2-ball and not as hectic as most other tables. I also like how you can restart it after losing one ball.

Gus

Mar 5, 2014
I played my first tournament during the kickstarter and joined this one as well. 20 minute limit is a great idea for this! Good fun :)

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts