SS Billiards in Hopkins, MN

Pinbuoy

Aug 15, 2014
Been around for over 40 years. Lloyd Olson is a cool guy and just got the place renovated. I don't go there nearly as much as I'd like to. Good selection of classics. Twilight Zone, Walking Dead, Bill Paxton Pinball, etc.

roffels

Nov 2, 2013
Been around for over 40 years. Lloyd Olson is a cool guy and just got the place renovated. I don't go there nearly as much as I'd like to. Good selection of classics. Twilight Zone, Walking Dead, Bill Paxton Pinball, etc.

I've been there a few times. Lloyd is a nice guy. A lot of the tables play kind of rough and could use some basic maintenance, though maybe that's been fixed recently.

If you're near Minneapolis, check out Mortimer's on Lyndale and Franklin. There's a great op and good selection. Currently has Whitewater, Attack From Mars, Addams, Star Trek LE, LOTR LE, Walking Dead LE, Dracula, and Iron Man. They should be getting a Tales of Arabian Nights in the next day or two, and will be taking out Metallica, Theater of Magic, and Transformers and moving those to the Nomad World Pub.

eckless

Sep 11, 2012
I went there yesterday after reading about it on here. Agree the machines could use a little love (TAF upper flipper was sticky, the upper left flipper was soft) but overall I would give them good marks for a good selection. The wizard of oz machine was fun but I absolutely could not get in any kind of rhythm.

Larry

Jul 4, 2013
ROADTRIP!!! I live about 30 minutes south...

Thanks for the tip!

I've been craving a real machine experience again for a while!
I hope the bank stocked up on quarters.

roffels

Nov 2, 2013
ROADTRIP!!! I live about 30 minutes south...

Thanks for the tip!

I've been craving a real machine experience again for a while!
I hope the bank stocked up on quarters.

Bring $5 bills to Mortimers - there's a change machine. Lloyd at SS Billiards will break your change as well.

Pinbuoy

Aug 15, 2014
Another place you guys definitely should check out is Blainebrook entertainment center in the North Metro. http://www.blainbrookbowl.com/arcade.html

They have Fish Tales, Dracula, Bride of Pinbot, Indiana Jones (not the Stern one), Doctor Who, Mustang, Metallica, AC/DC, Wizard of Oz. Around 50 games in total. There's a tournament the 1st Sunday of Every month and there's no entry fee - only quarters to play games. There's also a tournament on the 2nd Sat. of the month.

They've been moving around the start times because they used to be pretty late. Sun. starts at 1:30pm to qualify, playoffs start at 5pm. I don't know when they will be on Sat. I'm thinking around 2pm. You get a free drink token just for playing and they have a full bar menu and TV to watch ball games.

It's kind of a drive, but worth it.

The pinball machines use quarters, the redemption and some of the arcade games use tokens.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts