STAND UP AND FIGHT! Black Knight 2000 is coming!

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
Cool, had the chance to play this table in real today (for the first time). This is going to be fun.

smooverr

Oct 28, 2012
That looks a helluva lot better than the original, now I'm kinda looking forward to it. If for no other reason than to see if I'll like it!

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
More importantly, SYSTEM 11 is back with a vengeance.
Love you.

Totally need more System 11 stuff in TPA. So far it's only been Taxi, Dr. Dude and Pinbot... we need more!

(for some reason I thought BK2K was the final Sys 11 game released. Turns out I was wrong, hence the edit :) )

Indeed! Bring on High Speed next!
Cannot argue with you there ;) A part of me would love to see Rollergames, but it seems that's a low possibility from FS compared to some of the others.

Last edited:

deimos256

Jun 4, 2013
I saw big guns mentioned during speculation for the next table. Is there any real possibility of it coming? I always thought it was a fun table.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
"Hey everyone. We can now officially announce that the Pinball Arcade has extended it's WMS license! A bunch more Williams and Bally tables are included in this deal that will let us keep preserving awesome pinball for as long as our sales stay strong!

Kicking us off will be the long awaited Steve Richie masterpiece, Black Knight 2000!!!

Black Knight 2000™ (1989): The Black Knight rides again in this brilliant sequel to the Steve Ritchie hit from 1980. Players take on the role of good versus evil as they battle the Black Knight in high velocity gameplay. The game is all about speed and quick reactions, highlighted by features such as an upper and lower level, repeating U-Turn and Skyway Loop shots rewarding accurate shooters and a Drawbridge that lowers to reveal a ramp. The patented Magna-Save™ feature from the original game is back. This allows players to activate a ball saving magnet preventing balls from draining. Great scores are achieved by collecting Lightning Wheel Awards, scoring Hurry-Up bonuses and playing the three awesome Multi-Ball rounds, including The King's Ransom Wizard mode. 5,703 units of this table were produced."

https://www.facebook.com/pinballarcade

One thing that does confuse me is why Farsight only announced they'd renewed their WMS license now. They've already released two new tables...

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
One thing that does confuse me is why Farsight only announced they'd renewed their WMS license now. They've already released two new tables...

They said that they traded sorcerer for fish tales. I am guessing that they still might have had a few leftover spots on the original agreement (perhaps holding spots for kickstarters if they happened) or maybe even had done an interim contract for a few tables?

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
They said that they traded sorcerer for fish tales. I am guessing that they still might have had a few leftover spots on the original agreement (perhaps holding spots for kickstarters if they happened) or maybe even had done an interim contract for a few tables?

Too bad! Sorcerer was my favorite table on PHoF-would've loved to see it with (maybe) emulation. But FT is still great, if harder than I remember (curse you Double Jackpot!). I haven't played BK2K since late 1990, so it will definitely be cool to play it again. as for the rest of the WMS tables-we shall see.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
As it is, because of FarSight's own tales, bringing out Sorcerer will have to be "free" with an other table's release.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
As it is, because of FarSight's own tales, bringing out Sorcerer will have to be "free" with an other table's release.

Yeah, had they been smart they could have been charging 5 bucks a pop since the beginning and put in a bit more work. Tables could have released every 3 weeks maybe and they would have made way more profit. Honestly games like Whirlwind, Medieval Madness, No Good Gofers and Funhouse would have easily sold as many units as they did as pack in tables. In most cases, they were a bigger draw than the new table it was coupled with. Looking back, it would be nice to have slightly more polished and less buggy tables.

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
Yeah, had they been smart they could have been charging 5 bucks a pop since the beginning and put in a bit more work. Tables could have released every 3 weeks maybe and they would have made way more profit. Honestly games like Whirlwind, Medieval Madness, No Good Gofers and Funhouse would have easily sold as many units as they did as pack in tables. In most cases, they were a bigger draw than the new table it was coupled with. Looking back, it would be nice to have slightly more polished and less buggy tables.

Very much agree with this statement. I actually held off on buying packs due to the second table.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
Very much agree with this statement. I actually held off on buying packs due to the second table.

Yeah, if they had implemented this strategy, they would have sold more popular tables and while many less desired tables would have taken a hit, the overall revenue model would have been greater since they were still making money on recycled efforts. Not to mention their amount of revenue on what would have been a pack of two tables now becomes double for the customers buying both.

Gadbury

Jul 20, 2012
Black Knight 2000 - this is the one I have been hoping and praying for! YES! Loved it when I got to play it at the UK Pinball Party. For those that haven't, you're in for a treat :D

This table is crazy! Not sure if I'll want to turn the sound up or down!

Sound UP ;)

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts