PC - Bug Standard Ball is not rolling

Markus

Apr 18, 2015
Hi,

why is the standard (default) ball not rolling in the PC version?
It looks more like sliding. All other balls do have the rolling / turning animation.
I tried on two different PCs, same result. On PS4 the default ball is fine.

Will this be fixed in later releases?

Thanks in advance

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
I can't even tell if it is rolling or sliding due to it's plain texture. The changing reflection, when the ball moves, is everything I notice. Do you play with DX9 or DX11?

Oh, and if someone from FarSight is checking this thread, could you please also fix the "Baby What" Ball in DX11. It's annoying having paid for it and having it in an unusable state. Please see screenshot (click on it to enlarge):

Sorry for hijacking this thread, back to your problem. If you're playing in DX11, do you have "Brighten Ball" on or off in your settings? And did you try changing it to see if it has any noticable effect?

Robert Misner

Oct 4, 2014
ball spin is not accurately modeled in the game(load up the zebra stripe ball and watch it slide around). ball spin etc has been requested but I believe it was explained that it would require too many changes to the tuning of the tables to implement.so even tho the ball does pickup spin in the rails, it floats around the playfield all the time.. sometimes it feels like the balls "on the rails"

maybe the Stern app will address ballspin.

Markus

Apr 18, 2015
Oh I forgot to mention, I am using the DX11 Version.
I tried both settings of "brighten ball" with the same result.
It's fine to use this thread for other issues too

Robert, and it seems that some of the balls have better (visual) spin than others. Except the default ball which has no spin at all.
I just wondered, because the spin (default ball) on PS4 looks really good.
Yes, maybe there will be progress with the Stern app or some major update

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
Yeah I think the brighten ball thing was a hot fix at the release time of dx11 that maybe screwed up the normal ball.
It was supposed to be done properly one day, but I think it just went down on the list.

Michael DiFilippo

Mar 26, 2012
From what I gathered the default skin, nor any other skin, do not contain "true reflection" for the table and environment it's used in except for the parts where the shadow exist. I think this is to avoid being as seen as a "mirror ball" rather than a pinball.

Examine a real pinball up close. It doesn't actually show signs of spinning.

Since custom balls have art - causes a spin animation to take place as it rolls.

Again, ball shadows and brightener were the only known things added. And iOS has more reflection over any platform.

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
I can't even tell if it is rolling or sliding due to it's plain texture. The changing reflection, when the ball moves, is everything I notice. Do you play with DX9 or DX11?

Oh, and if someone from FarSight is checking this thread, could you please also fix the "Baby What" Ball in DX11. It's annoying having paid for it and having it in an unusable state. Please see screenshot (click on it to enlarge):

Sorry for hijacking this thread, back to your problem. If you're playing in DX11, do you have "Brighten Ball" on or off in your settings? And did you try changing it to see if it has any noticable effect?

I bumped the issue a few days ago and im hoping to get an update in the next release. Were also aware of the steel ball not rotating and are looking into resolving that issue as well.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts