Star Trek LCE

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
After I played WOZ, I had a chance to play one. Great table! Fun gameplay, great sound, voice clips from the new cast, whatever you call that thing that makes the whole table shake when you hit the center ship shot, and an awesome light show!

94960974c2891152d964fe4be05dd728.jpg

Here's another survey of the table.

https://vimeo.com/110832996

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
And there's the matter of the left saucer diverter that swings out of the way so the ball can make it up to the left habitrail. Kind of changes the way the game plays.

This is my gripe about Stern table "feature levels" (pro, premium, LE). They omit features from the Pro versions that, in their words, "may become maintenance issues for sited games".

But in my opinion, tables of the 90's represent the LE versions of Stern tables today. And they were fine on location. With a bit of care, you can easily keep them running well.

Compare AC/DC Pro to Luci, and the game plays totally differently.

If a player is unlucky enough to get an operator with not much money (or passion) for pinball, they get Pro everything. And they miss out on gameplay features that make a difference to scoring and enjoyment.

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
I have the Pro version of this table... the LE looks awesome! I love how all the lights can change to be multiple colors.

I know! It's even more impressive in person! I'd never seen a modern table with color changing LEDs until just now.

I didn't realize how much I miss playing real pinball until I played this.

ScotchYeti

Apr 13, 2012
How much do you have to pay for a game? Here it's 1€ without a 2€/3 games saving...but the table really looks great.

karl

May 10, 2012
And there's the matter of the left saucer diverter that swings out of the way so the ball can make it up to the left habitrail. Kind of changes the way the game plays.

This is my gripe about Stern table "feature levels" (pro, premium, LE). They omit features from the Pro versions that, in their words, "may become maintenance issues for sited games".

But in my opinion, tables of the 90's represent the LE versions of Stern tables today. And they were fine on location. With a bit of care, you can easily keep them running well.

Compare AC/DC Pro to Luci, and the game plays totally differently.

If a player is unlucky enough to get an operator with not much money (or passion) for pinball, they get Pro everything. And they miss out on gameplay features that make a difference to scoring and enjoyment.

I agree a thousand times.

The worst thing for me is that they not only take away toys on the pro but also drop targets, spinners and ramps. It would be ok if they did the same as JJP. Only changing the decals, installing a shaker, chrome exterior, etc. Things that do not hurt gameplay.

Btw: Congrats on a fantastic new pin, Kratos 3. Just sold my Premium and I miss it already

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
$1. It was 50 cents last time I played a lot of pinball.
Inflation.
In Australia, we pay anywhere between $1.40 (on prepaid card-based arcade systems) to a flat $2 per play.

Consider yourselves very *very* lucky in the US.

ZenTron

Jul 21, 2013
I ordered st pro yesterday to pair with my iron man vault. I didnt dig walking dead enough. I think gameplay wise st pro to le has smallest gap. Met pro is good pin too but i wanted a more universal theme so its easier to sell etc.

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
In Australia, we pay anywhere between $1.40 (on prepaid card-based arcade systems) to a flat $2 per play.

Consider yourselves very *very* lucky in the US.

Oh yes I do. Just illustrating really how long it's been since I've played games IRL.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts