Stern recently renewed their Metallica license!

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
this ^ - yep beyond bored.
name of the forum should be explanatory (fans)
haters should stay on Facebook
all for constructive criticism - think it helps and encourages the folks at farsight to keep making what we love even better.
the overly negative posts and directly insulting the PEOPLE that work for farsight is crossing the line and is not in the spirit of what this forum is about.

I've been reading a lot of Mass Effect Andromeda threads recently. Farsight got nothing on Bioware.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
The overly negative posts and directly insulting the PEOPLE that work for farsight is crossing the line and is not in the spirit of what this forum is about.

Yep agreed [MENTION=4693]DA5ID[/MENTION].

I'm inclined to upgrade that offence to instant dismissal. But that is something the Mod team needs to agree upon.

kaworu

Oct 17, 2016
Have you played Star Trek on SPA? Looks pretty playfield accurate to me, even on Mobile.
And mobile is the *worst* platform to play it on.
of course i played it in SPA too, and in SPA it is not only unworkable (game often crashes), but also missed some of it's features like lights, effects and all other things already discussed in bugs topic.
and if you will continue to call any adequate criticism "negative" - dont be surprise what after next 3 years you will still look at same wrong texture wrapped coffin on MB and Firepower cabinet, as after last 3 years. just a fact.
and argument: "this forums name is 'pinball arcade fans'" - is ..hmm.. strange - if here would be official forum of game/studio as every other professional developer do - of course a lot of people would be on it. i'm here only to criticise bugs and errors - because it is the only way to make product better - every professional quality manager/engineer will confirm that, just repeating in 100th time "thank you farsight!" in your post/podcast/youtube video - will not help reveal some defects of product.
and if somebody already typing "but yaur nigatife critisizing-shmutisizing not helpz our pinballheads eithaarr and not fiks ze bugz!!!!!11" i will say: of course i cant take the keyboard from their hands and rewrite all code!! - it is their product which they sold to us under the promo "it is 100% authentic pinball simulator" repeating it in videos and on the game sites.
btw funny fact: a lot of "true fans" here are rarely got even in top 10 on some TPA tables, or have atleast 80% wizard achievements - not because they are bad players - just because they play it not so often in fact.

p.s.: if you hate so much when someone crash your crystal dream about perfect Farsight and their products - just left me posting rights for bugs topics like Master Issue lists - it is only thing i really have interest in use on this forum and you dont read them too, so everybody will be happy.

Last edited:

kaworu

Oct 17, 2016
So the VP coders have access to the CAD files, uncompressed WAV files, and game source code that Stern is letting FS use? I'm sure Gary Stern would like to learn how they got their hands on all that.
VPinmame coders just made possible emulation of last official Stern ROMs which Stern post in available for public on their site.
btw research about new VPX - you will experience a lot of good pinball with physics when flippers react when ball hit them and actual metal balls having real feel of weight, also saving of your personal records of tables like high scores and other table specifics in rom memory, and close to real scores - no more several hours long marathons!

Last edited:

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
pushing for bug fixes is one thing but thank you for saving us poor mortals from ourselves!!!

all hail the bugz findin masta!

tell me how many bugs have you "discovered" that havent been beaten to death for years!

you dismiss any and all opinion but your own, you wouldnt make a good beta tester anyhow. if all you want is a platform for your vitriol and spite look elsewhere.

im done this dude obviously doesnt get it

Last edited:

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
every table from FS is Bug Hunter

That's the problem with trying to re-create old pinball machines. Every time some bugs are fixed-new ones pop up. Zaccaria Pinball is becoming increasingly bad about this too. I think we're all beginning to see (if some of us haven't already) that re-creation of pinball will never be perfect.

It always seems that re-creations of pinball machines and emulations of old games through emulators seem to come so much closer to their counterparts than those that are commercially available. My guess is because the formers are created by devoted hobbyists staying up an extra hour or two past bedtime to work out bugs. I'm not advocating the use of these emulators or VPM by any means, but I do understand that the continual and devoted work of the volunteer programmers often results in a much more solid product. But companies have to compete with these with their own programs and hardware, and maybe they don't turn a huge profit in so doing.

Like how Krome bit the dust (since re-formed) just after Game Room for the 360 was released. That was a bug-fest too.

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
Moderation:

and if you will continue to call any adequate criticism "negative"
i'm here only to criticise bugs and errors - because it is the only way to make product better

If you call these posts of yourself "adequate criticism":

season 7 is coming, and 2nd table of it will be...
(right answer is "broken")
i can tell even more - you dont even need some "great" skill for that task - even Farsighters can do it.
it takes only half of hour, instead of this stupid stream they could just spend this time to fix something in that god damned game - and this lazy bastards cant do it for several years already - no excuses - it's shame.

...then you are mistaken and ask for a break. Timeout granted.

Yes, this is a fan forum. That doesn't stop people from coming here and post about issues they have or pointing out bugs. But there's a not-so-fine line between reporting issues/bugs and insulting about people working at FarSight or using every thread to complain generally about the quality of the product.

btw funny fact: a lot of "true fans" here are rarely got even in top 10 on some TPA tables, or have atleast 80% wizard achievements - not because they are bad players - just because they play it not so often in fact.

Since when is achieving goals or getting in the Top Ten of anything a sign of how much someone is a fan or not?

steven120566

Mar 7, 2015
Wow. I like many have discovered the fun of all these tables because of Pinball Arcade. I really like it the way it is. Wouldn't change anything. I guess if there is a "bug" I barely notice it. I am not giving Farsight a pass on everything (see my posts on console support and delays in updates). Real is always real. Digital is always digital, man. As far as the quality of TPA and the experience of the thing, they have created an amazing game. Why go overboard with criticism? Just my O.

Also:
Since when is achieving goals or getting in the Top Ten of anything a sign of how much someone is a fan or not?
Excellent point Xanija. LOL. It can't be. I consider myself a big fan ;)

Last edited:

karl

May 10, 2012
Here is an idea. If you are really that concerned about bugs and your only goal is to make the app better, why not write Farsight an e-mail or put it in a bug thread, kaworu?

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
he doesnt seem like a person who wants to help overall, our boys do a great job at bug hunting and the guys at farsight try to whittle the list as time allows,i realise the tester threads arent open to the public, but this guy is just a bad vibe...he he truely wants to simply report bugs allpower to him, his saviour complex irks me and im the devil!

Crooker

Apr 24, 2013
All the naegativity and complaining about every minute detail just gets my ire up. I personally am not on any social media because of crap like this. This is the only forum or social media I use or bother with. When I first joined I loved it. People like Eldar,invitro,Viking,relaxation and all the mods are why I keep coming back. You too Heretic. Always a smile. A few jackasses have driven some of the best people on here away. Really miss invitros insights and the top 40 lists every month.
Anyway. All the positive people keep on doing what you're doing there's people reading and enjoying. Cheers from the north.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.