Stern's The Walking Dead

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Who knows what the license costs would be? It's a current mega-hit show, but no real A-list stars. Not sure what images are in the artwork that would need licensing.

Biggest hurdle is the SAM ROM emulation, which would stretch mobile devices at best.

xray23

Mar 18, 2015
So, if Zen has part of the license, no one else can? That stinks, Zen's version is a turd compared to Stern's.

Pinballfan69

Mar 28, 2012
Zen's version isn't based on the AMC TV series. It's based on the story driven Video game by Tell Tale games. The one's that did The wolf among us. License would be tough and Stern's TWD was just recently released. The Table is decent I had a chance to play it over at Zapcon in MESA last weekend.

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
Almost any newer Stern is just not possible right now due to the emulation, from what I've gathered.

TNT

Feb 27, 2015
Sure would love to see this table in SPA. I guess it depends on if Stern only wants to digitize new tables going forward or if they are also interested in doing tables of the last 8 or so years. Hopefully it's the latter.

Last edited:

TNT

Feb 27, 2015
TWD-LE-Playfield-980x1743.jpg

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013
Sure would love to see this table in SPA. I guess it depends on if Stern only wants to digitize new tables going forward or if they are also interested in doing tables of the last 8 or so years. Hopefully it's the latter.

There's a third alternative, which I think is quite possible, and that is Stern wanting to digitize (apart from upcoming releases) the tables they still seem to have in stock (?) and are presently active in Sterns line up on their web page. It's even possible they might have had digital rights written in licensing contracts. These tables would be Game of Thrones, Kiss, Whoa Nellie, Wrestlemania, The Walking Dead, Star Trek, Metallica, and Mustang. I can certainly see some or all of these pins having a bigger priority to Stern being digitized.
http://www.sternpinball.com/

Last edited:

TNT

Feb 27, 2015
Entirely possible. It would explain why Stern-Farsight have the Metallica table as the background of their logo. Some have thought it was a coincidence.

karl

May 10, 2012

Is that a future spa? ;)

Who knows what the license costs would be? It's a current mega-hit show, but no real A-list stars. Not sure what images are in the artwork that would need licensing.

The zombies will require a lot of food to go along with the deal :)

Very nice PF image, thanks! I think I like the art on the PF, except for the inserts.

So you like blood is what you are saying ;)

I would imagine that TWD is one of the safest bets for the Stern/Farsight app, along with GOT and Metallica. Pure speculation of course

Last edited:

frostyarcade

Apr 15, 2015
There's a third alternative, which I think is quite possible, and that is Stern wanting to digitize (apart from upcoming releases) the tables they still seem to have in stock (?) and are presently active in Sterns line up on their web page. It's even possible they might have had digital rights written in licensing contracts. These tables would be Game of Thrones, Kiss, Whoa Nellie, Wrestlemania, The Walking Dead, Star Trek, Metallica, and Mustang. I can certainly see some or all of these pins having a bigger priority to Stern being digitized.
http://www.sternpinball.com/
+1 I want to play TWD!!

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
I played one last year at DPO (Dutch Pinball Open) and being a huge fan of the show, it was a blast just to listen to the music and sounds, and see the art. As for gameplay I had little time to get a good feel for it. I liked the layout a lot, there were some nice shots to be made and it had decent flow.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts