360 - Request Stop making the tables easier!

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
I'm all for difficulty adjustments after seeing how hopeless I was on real tables this weekend. TPA lulls you into a false sense of competancy then you fall flat on your ass.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
I'm all for difficulty adjustments after seeing how hopeless I was on real tables this weekend. TPA lulls you into a false sense of competancy then you fall flat on your ass.
Rough rule for comparing TPA tables to the real tables: Take your average TPA score and divide by 10.

Senor Herer

Sep 30, 2012
I've seen one game critic liken Mario Kart Wii to Communism.

Had to chuckle, although I'm also enough of a geek to understand why somebody would say that.

However he's an idiot and wrong because as much as rubber banding is an affront to fair play and can be unbelievably aggravating when a CPU opponent is blatantly cheating you, I LOVE NBA Jam precisely because it's a cheating m*****f***** as that fake competition is ultimately what keep us coming back to it time and time again ;)

It's probably a product of being brought up on the kind of 1980s videogames where one hit will always kill your guy.

Long play time is just a perk of being good and/or lucky and improving at the game. Eighties games absolutely typify this, if you wanted your money to last more than half an hour at the arcade then you needed to get good, learn to exploit the games and extend your playtime on each credit. Same with pinball. Granted though, pinball games have become easier over the years, at least in terms of being more accessible and friendlier to novice players, so if you prefer shorter ball times then I guess you may be better sticking to the older pre-DMD games.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts