Request Stop selling two tables at the same time please

DrainoBraino

Apr 11, 2012
You know what? Just be thankful that TPA is not made by EA. I'll leave it at that. :p
If EA did Medieval Madness:

Game freezes when you shoot the ramp ----->"Purchase access to Peasant Ramp: $3.99"
or get Unlimited Catapult shots for only $5.99 !

Trolls mode and Castle multiball only available to EA Premium subscription service members. $9.99 a month.

Last edited:

Mick Morry

Jun 9, 2013
An absolutely brilliant statement. EA has gone from being one of the best companies to perhaps the worst on the planet. Battlefield 3 was a joke for how much they nerfed and buffed and altered every feature in the game. systematically they broke everything. The knife wouldn't stab without lock ups. The guns were half as lethal. The RPG's and AA missiles couldn't kill tanks or aircraft like they once did. The night vision scope was too good for all the noobs so they made it utterly useless. Then the black screen, blue screen lock ups were ridiculous. For many of us the game just stopped working all together. I had a full 6 months where the game wouldn't let me play a single round. This all started after becoming a "Premium member". I tell you I felt pretty premium alright. Now Battlefield 4 has had a few patches that have us all locking up, and getting kicked from servers. No one is having a fun time with all the lock ups and kicks. Mark my words...it will get worse. With Dice and EA in charge of fixing things...it only can get worse.

We have nearly nothing to gripe about with TPA. People are way to sensitive to little gripes nowadays. Be thankful for what we get from TPA and thank your lucky stars EA has nothing to do with this franchise.

Last edited:

AtomicDragon

Dec 2, 2013
If EA did Medieval Madness:

Game freezes when you shoot the ramp ----->"Purchase access to Peasant Ramp: $3.99"
or get Unlimited Catapult shots for only $5.99 !

Trolls mode and Castle multiball only available to EA Premium subscription service members. $9.99 a month.

Not to mention you would be forced to go online to play the game only to find out you can never get on to the server like what happened to the latest SimCity which was a game I really like until it got ruined.

Mick Morry

Jun 9, 2013
Not to mention you would be forced to go online to play the game only to find out you can never get on to the server like what happened to the latest SimCity which was a game I really like until it got ruined.

Yup. My wife and I got burned by them on that one too. I have not played any SimCity now since about a month after the launch. It just got worse and worse and worse. Cities not saving. Losing city after city and all game play. It drove my wife and I so nuts we just gave up. She bought Sims 4 for her, and I stupidly...like a sheep bought BF4. I do mean it this time though. If they totally mess up BF4--I will be done with the series and perhaps all EA games. I don't feel there is really all that much room to complain about what tables we get in TPA and what bugs here and there we get stuck with.

If any doubters out there really want to see how bad it can be--then start playing more EA online games and tell me what kind of a taste you have in your mouth. TPA tastes minty and fresh compared to companies such as the new improved EA. Live long enough and you will see everything you love and treasure reduced to the cheapest, fastest buck making product they can develop. Quality control plummets when a company makes money hand over fist. The best companies are the lean companies that are contenders, but have not seen the top yet. Too many years on top and you are an EA. The world is filled with the lowest common denominator. We want more, and each year you get less and less for your money. You will pay more for the reduced, lower quality product too.

If I am paying just shy of $50 a season on ios and PC Steam for the pro versions of each season, then I say give us all 2 tables a month. 1 non premium table and some bug fixes isn't going to cut it for that price. I would be bored out of my mind with just 1 table a month. Plus we could see a much shorter life for TPA than we would if we have twice as many tables coming out. Less isn't always more...sometimes it really is less. I will take the 2 tables they give us and let them do their thing. FarSight hasn't even bugged me in the slightest manner yet. EA on the other hand has me ready to send them all lumps of coal. I have been locked out of BF4 for 3 days now since the last patch. That's some "Premium" service I am getting from EA/DICE. :D

ER777

Sep 8, 2012
An absolutely brilliant statement. EA has gone from being one of the best companies to perhaps the worst on the planet.

Agreed, I started actively trying to avoid buying anything from EA about 2-3 years ago. Every once in a while there is something I can't resist but seeing that EA logo is a major deterrent from purchasing for me.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
I guess FarSight listened. They announced on Facebook today that the next "pack" would be only Fish Tales. You got your wish OP!

goo_back

Oct 28, 2013
Says who?

Says me. It's my opinion.

I'm a die-hard fan so I'll buy whatever. I'm not sure how many individual purchases tables like Fathom, Sea Witch and Comet will get from casuals who are used to Pinball FX and DMD tables.

I may be dead wrong.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012

I'm a die-hard fan so I'll buy whatever. I'm not sure how many individual purchases tables like Fathom, Sea Witch and Comet will get from casuals who are used to Pinball FX and DMD tables.

I may be dead wrong.

I somewhat disagree. There are certain tables that are very popular like eight ball deluxe, high speed (had a Nintendo version). I think some casual gamers will purchase certain tables based on theme or design without being familiar. Plus there are some tables like fire that did receive pretty big production numbers in its time and that game had a second edition made.

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012

I may be dead wrong.

As a person who's skipped two packs and hasn't bought the PS3 versions since CP/WW, I can say that I'll buy single table packs as long as they're priced accordingly. A dollar here, a dollar there matters to me.

For example. The tables you listed. Fathom - I'd give five bucks without hesitation. I love these Ballys and Fathom is an expensive Mofo to acquire IRL. Seawitch - Three bucks is tops for me. It's a really good Stern but I've played it a bit IRL and get tired of it too easily. Comet - Three bucks is it as well. See these all the time in the flea market at shows. Good deals too but I just am not into the amusement park themes enough for a restore. It's decent but they're not dragging more than three bucks out of me for that one. I can see a mix of one and two table packs throughout the year. Super popular one's sold by themselves while the "lesser" faves being packed with another.

RetroDude

Mar 24, 2012
yay now no one will buy tables that aren't DMD's aside from die-hard fans.

Based on what, exactly?
Such speculation without anything to back it up is hardly worth posting.

The price of these tables are such a bargain, I'd think you're making a very bold statement.
Even if the price remains the same for a single table as compared to the previous two packs, it's still CHEAP entertainment.

Compare it to a few plays on a real pinball machine in an arcade... if you can find one.
Compare it to buying a beer or two in a bar.
Compare it to the price of a movie ticket.

I would purchase single tables that aren't the newest, latest and greatest releases, pretty much whichever table they are.
That's because the sheer entertainment value I can get from a new table exceeds the minimal cost they go for.
Even if I only play the table a few times and never play it again.

I don't think I'm the only one that feels that way. (based on other posts I've read)

I don't think it takes a "die-hard fan", however you choose to describe them, to feel the same way.

It might, however, take fans to whom $5-7 in a month isn't a staggering sum of money.

Last edited:

androidlove

Aug 23, 2012
I'll pay stupid money for a table I want. I just don't want a tag-a-long table in my virtual arcade. If I have to buy 2, let me hide the table I don't want. Thank you.

goo_back

Oct 28, 2013
Based on what, exactly?
Such speculation without anything to back it up is hardly worth posting.

The price of these tables are such a bargain, I'd think you're making a very bold statement.
Even if the price remains the same for a single table as compared to the previous two packs, it's still CHEAP entertainment.

Compare it to a few plays on a real pinball machine in an arcade... if you can find one.

I would purchase single tables that aren't the newest, latest and greatest releases, pretty much whichever table they are.
That's because the sheer entertainment value I can get from a new table exceeds the minimal cost they go for.
Even if I only play the table a few times and never play it again.

I don't think I'm the only one that feels that way. (based on other posts I've read)

I don't think it takes a "die-hard fan", however you choose to describe them, to feel the same way.

It might, however, take fans to whom $5-7 in a month isn't a staggering sum of money.

Based on my opinion, I already said this. Please read the posts. People who post on this website are diehard fans. You have read other posts that say the same thing? Great, almost everyone on this forum purchases EVERY table.

Non diehard fans are busy finding hours of entertainment from the other thousands of games available for 5 dollars that aren't some table from the early 80s they can't identify with. Especially one that they would play a few times and never again.

Last edited:

Storm Chaser

Apr 18, 2012
I would, personally, see higher quality (in my world: new Williams/Bally, typically licensed) tables at higher prices. I pay up, even for Gottlieb-packs, without blinking. Unlimited play for $5 is really too cheap, but that price has to match the not so hardcorde-players as well. A difficult nut to crack for FS.

I guess their Pro-Mode is a way to earn more from hard core players but that is just not interesting enough for me.

For me the time between good releases is the most crucial element. I would pay more to get better tables more often. The last release I was thrilled about was WhiteWater and that was a few months back. I'm quite okay with the new one-table-a-month IF this means we get higher quality tables!

Frankly, I don't care too much about the whole "save pinball for the future". It's a marketing gimmick, and a nice one, but there is nothing saying that this software will have a longer product lifetime than the tables themselves.

vpalmer

Aug 18, 2013

then sell your car and buy last need for speed game instead. dont compare RL entertainments with video games. try do it between video games only:
so i can see what the HUGE games like Skyrim is same price as TPA's 1st season pass.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts