system requirements

Nightwing

Aug 1, 2012
I just wanted to reply in the thread that I originally posted concerning my PC woes. With the help of a good friend of mine,I was finally able to upgrade my video card from the integrated chip. And,as you guys had said,it most certainly did the trick.

I now have TPA up and running,and so far it plays very nice. (Took advantage of the Steam sale & bought Season 1 to start) I even decided to run a HDMI cable to my TV & I instantly got spoiled :) I'm gonna have to run a splitter so I can go back & play on the bigger screen.

Are there "optimal settings" that I should have to configure TPA to get it the best that it can on my machine? Thanks again for giving me a helping hand.

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
I just wanted to reply in the thread that I originally posted concerning my PC woes. With the help of a good friend of mine,I was finally able to upgrade my video card from the integrated chip. And,as you guys had said,it most certainly did the trick.

I now have TPA up and running,and so far it plays very nice. (Took advantage of the Steam sale & bought Season 1 to start) I even decided to run a HDMI cable to my TV & I instantly got spoiled :) I'm gonna have to run a splitter so I can go back & play on the bigger screen.

Are there "optimal settings" that I should have to configure TPA to get it the best that it can on my machine? Thanks again for giving me a helping hand.

Do you know which graphics card you have?

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
Radeon HD 7750 w/1GB DDR5

I'm not as familiar with ATI/AMD cards. I would suggest trying Ball Reflection High, Texture Filtering 16x Aniso, Post Processing On (unless you prefer the off look), and 8x MSAA for Anti Aliasing.

If it runs slow, then drop the AA down to 4x and the Texture Filtering to 8x Aniso or 4x Aniso.

Nightwing

Aug 1, 2012
I'm not as familiar with ATI/AMD cards. I would suggest trying Ball Reflection High, Texture Filtering 16x Aniso, Post Processing On (unless you prefer the off look), and 8x MSAA for Anti Aliasing.

If it runs slow, then drop the AA down to 4x and the Texture Filtering to 8x Aniso or 4x Aniso.

I'll try that & let you know how it works.

Sexton Hardcastle

Jun 5, 2013
I have that exact card in our older gaming PC down in the basement, and run everything at the highest possible settings with not a problem, Nightwing. Unless your processor and memory are severely lacking, you should probably be fine doing the same, and enjoying the electronic eye candy.

Nightwing

Aug 1, 2012

It was running fine until I got into some multiball modes,which caused a bit of a slowdown. Dropped the settings back a bit & everything seems fine. Tnanks again!

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
It was running fine until I got into some multiball modes,which caused a bit of a slowdown. Dropped the settings back a bit & everything seems fine. Tnanks again!

Just for reference, If multiball causes issues, setting Ball Reflection to Low should fix it. High means update all ball reflections every frame (which is essentially a table render 6 times per ball.) Low means only update one ball per frame, so the reflection gets a bit "choppy" with multiple balls, but the framerate should be fine.

Nightwing

Aug 1, 2012
Just for reference, If multiball causes issues, setting Ball Reflection to Low should fix it. High means update all ball reflections every frame (which is essentially a table render 6 times per ball.) Low means only update one ball per frame, so the reflection gets a bit "choppy" with multiple balls, but the framerate should be fine.

Okay I'll try that. Thanks, Mike.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts