T2 Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

netizen

I much preferred the reliable feed from the a rejected L Ramp shot that would go SDTM in the previous Build. Now it seems that that feed is all over the place.

The Sync between the cannon and the DMD animation is so so bad. By the time the animation starts the cannon is almost aimed at the centre target. I'll have to take some video footage to be certain how much it is off.

rob3d

Feb 20, 2012
I've never played the real table is the dmd supposed to sync with the Canon? Does it help in making those shots?

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
I've never played the real table is the dmd supposed to sync with the Canon? Does it help in making those shots?
It's supposed to be, but as the cannon motor wears and ages the animation tends to get out of synchronization with the physical cannon to varying extents. I've never heard of anyone using the animation to gauge the shot, though.

QuiGonJ

Jan 27, 2013
Within a table that has special buttons (STTNG BK T2 etc...) press 'Table Menu' then 'options'.
Scroll right to the very bottom and use 'button position' to move it to one of 20 pre defined vertical positions.

Bear in mind - the T2 trigger has not had the button area properly isolated in this beta, so if you move it over a nudge, it will nudge and press trigger etc... Also some have reported unreliability of the button registering, Hopefully these will be fixed.

Thanks Baron Rubik! I found the buttons and that made the game so much better.

I like the new camera for T2, and I am finding the chase loop much easier to hit. I like the new skull graphics as well. The only thing I see weird is that the Auto Fire button is still blurry no matter what view I use.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
It appears to be a hardware and os issue not sure if there is anything I can do for it. Every time I change the buffer to be smaller there are gaps. It's def worse on some devices, kindle fire is the worst.

Sound issues are known issues, and relate to the sound server Farsight uses across all platforms (maybe not the PC - I'm not sure). This issue affects all tables, and is a point of minor frustration for me every time I play tables.

Most prominent on T2 is the skillshot "blip, blip, blip" sequence being exactly one blip behind when you launch the ball. Once you hear it, you can't unhear it.

Unless my timing is off, it seems that the ROM and mechanical sound effects audio sync is about 800ms to 1sec off in T2. I say this because AFAICT on the first ball, the light sequence changes almost every second.

@Ryan Routon, can you get us some info about improvements to the Sound Server? Bobby did say he would dedicate some cycles to it in the last podcast, but I've not seen any gazetted improvements since that time?

Even if the update is "we tried but we can get it any better than it is" would be better than not knowing.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Ryan, Flight 2000, Goin' Nuts and Terminator 2 : Judgment Day are missing from the app description in the OUYA Store...just FYI.

Rudy

Sep 13, 2012
Is the latest update just the last beta revision? Because it tells me that there's an update but I cannot update when I get to the page.

Rudy

Sep 13, 2012
Is the latest update just the last beta revision? Because it tells me that there's an update but I cannot update when I get to the page.

Nevermind, it must have not yet refreshed. It's loading perfectly now.

Rudy

Sep 13, 2012
Also just noticed that pro mode no longer has music playing in the background when I'm trying to sound test :D

Thanks guys, you're the best :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts