(T2 Released!) iOS Version 2.7.0 Discussion & Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
I hate being "that guy". But, it needs to be said.

They got rid of the chimes... Except they didn't. It still chimes when you enter your name *facepalm*.

Omg!!! An update for Gorgar!! It's gotta be to. Emulation right!!?? Wrong. They changed the light on a couple inserts *double face palm*

Goin Nuts fixed a few bugs!! Except they missed the most obvious one; the crack when you start the game. They also decided that, as if the icon didn't stick out enough as the sore thumb worst game ok the service, well plaster a gigantic "GOIN NUTS" logo on it so you really can't ignore it and pretend you dont own it now!! Yea!!!

Arabian Nights is now Tales of the Arabian Nights. Man, Farsight sure listens to the fans on what's wrong with the game, with incredible highly requested fixes like this.

I mean seriously. I was so pumped when I saw 4 table updates, only to be severely let down with what was actually "fixed". They even managed to screw up the chimes removal... I just don't know anymore with this company man...

Oh and the new video pinball 101 is unwatchable on my iPhone 4S. Constant pauses... I decided to let the video load for 40 minutes, it still pauses. Another fail.

As for T2. It's ok. I have problems with it. It doesn't feel like a real machine at all. The shots and feel is way off. It's ok, no game breaking bugs. Camera angle needs to be DIRECTLY looking down. I'm missing cannon shots like crazy where I never miss on a real machine. Overall feel is very "stiff" compared to a real T2. Shots don't seem to go up ramps where as on a real machine it works perfectly. The ball returns are all off. Missed left ramp is not an sdtm shot in real life.

Overall pretty bummed with this update.

Last edited:

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
Originally Posted by Stuart Webster
We ran into some complications so it is taking a bit longer than expected to entitle our backers. Sorry for the delay.

You do realize Stuart that this is precisely why the kick starter had a bumpy ride and your company promised this wouldn't happen again.

You realize that your company is shooting itself in the foot with stuff like this, and making it harder and harder for future kick starters which should be going off without a hitch?

For God sakes guys get it together over there. That or stop including codes as rewards, so Kickstarters can simply adjust their donations by 5 dollars. Guys like me defended the hell out of your company during the T2 campaign but next KS when the people complain about their rewards, I'm not going to defend this anymore. Ridiculous.

Stuart Webster

Apr 24, 2013
I hate being "that guy". But, it needs to be said.

They got rid of the chimes... Except they didn't. It still chimes when you enter your name *facepalm*.

Omg!!! An update for Gorgar!! It's gotta be to. Emulation right!!?? Wrong. They changed the light on a couple inserts *double face palm*

Goin Nuts fixed a few bugs!! Except they missed the most obvious one; the crack when you start the game. They also decided that, as if the icon didn't stick out enough as the sore thumb worst game ok the service, well plaster a gigantic "GOIN NUTS" logo on it so you really can't ignore it and pretend you dont own it now!! Yea!!!

Arabian Nights is now Tales of the Arabian Nights. Man, Farsight sure listens to the fans on what's wrong with the game, with incredible highly requested fixes like this.

I mean seriously. I was so pumped when I saw 4 table updates, only to be severely let down with what was actually "fixed". They even managed to screw up the chimes removal... I just don't know anymore with this company man...

Oh and the new video pinball 101 is unwatchable on my iPhone 4S. Constant pauses... I decided to let the video load for 40 minutes, it still pauses. Another fail.

As for T2. It's ok. I have problems with it. It doesn't feel like a real machine at all. The shots and feel is way off. It's ok, no game breaking bugs. Camera angle needs to be DIRECTLY looking down. I'm missing cannon shots like crazy where I never miss on a real machine. Overall feel is very "stiff" compared to a real T2. Shots don't seem to go up ramps where as on a real machine it works perfectly. The ball returns are all off. Missed left ramp is not an sdtm shot in real life.

Overall pretty bummed with this update.
Your feedback is appreciated. It is unfortunate that you are not satisfied with this update.

You do realize Stuart that this is precisely why the kick starter had a bumpy ride and your company promised this wouldn't happen again.

You realize that your company is shooting itself in the foot with stuff like this, and making it harder and harder for future kick starters which should be going off without a hitch?

For God sakes guys get it together over there. That or stop including codes as rewards, so Kickstarters can simply adjust their donations by 5 dollars. Guys like me defended the hell out of your company during the T2 campaign but next KS when the people complain about their rewards, I'm not going to defend this anymore. Ridiculous.
I'll be sure that your feedback is heard by those in charge of the Kickstarter rewards.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
its a 3GS I played on a 4 and its alot different like the launch button on 3g is up high on the 4 its right by the right flipper wich causes you to miss the flipper. I only use it to demo. :p

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
its a 3GS I played on a 4 and its alot different like the launch button on 3g is up high on the 4 its right by the right flipper wich causes you to miss the flipper. I only use it to demo. :p

You know you can move the launch buttons right?

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
I'll be sure that your feedback is heard by those in charge of the Kickstarter rewards.
I'm not sure if you caught it, but I echoed MW's sentiment (specifically this one, but his first one as well) exactly. As a collective of people who want nothing more with this game than to see you guys bring licensed tables to it via KS continuously, we can say it's stuff like this that seriously deters people from backing another project. Hell, I would even say this incident has pushed the next KS from being a shoe-in to something that will probably barely make it... unless it isn't TAF, in which case there's no way in hell the next KS table is making it.

I don't know how many Farsight employees saw just how many people weren't going to back T2 because of this very same issue, but I'll tell you that in non-pinball specific forums like NeoGAF people were practically calling for heads and not backing the table at all in protest for this very reason.

And I defended you guys :(

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
No Fungi I didnt know that...its not my phones. What i did notice is when i tried it on the 4 it actually drained on the right side...maybe the smaller ball is the culprit. So how long before its on PS3? December?

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
Your feedback is appreciated. It is unfortunate that you are not satisfied with this update.

That's a sarcastic, mean message don't forward that.
Forward this instead:

"Hi please address Cirqus Voiltaire bugs. Please add rom emulation for Gorgar, Black Knight, and Firepower. If you have time, Theatre of Magic and other old releases could use a polish, but it's not that important. Little issues, like the displays in Funhouse and Bride display disappearing would be nice to have fixed. I believe Funhouse has a game breaking bug as well. The flipper gap in Medieval Madness has never been addressed.

These I feel are the main issues with the game. Otherwise, great work. Looking forward to added ball spin to the engine.

Minor but could you also remove the chime from pressing enter on name entry.

The new video, Pinball 101, does not run properly on iPhone 4S.
"

The thing about Kickstarter rewards is just something you guys should understand without me having to say anything.

Anyways thanks for reading man.

Canadian365

Jun 26, 2012
In my personal opinion, FS has improved on the customer service side of things compared to previous Kickstarters. They respond allot quicker than in those infant days! Stay positive people...positives happen to positive people!

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
I'm sure their customer service is far better, but the hope would be that they don't have to rely on it. For their sake and ours, I hope that excellent customer service is enough to make up for not having redemption working when the app is released.

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
Oh and Stuart. Will you please send my personal gratitude to whomever is on charge of the PS4 version.

The Cirqus Voiltaire screenshot in the latest newsletter. I. Am. Speechless. That is, phenomenal work. Wow. It looks -better- than real life.

Mike Lindsey

FarSight Employee
Jul 23, 2013
That's a sarcastic, mean message don't forward that.
Forward this instead:

"Hi please address Cirqus Voiltaire bugs. Please add rom emulation for Gorgar, Black Knight, and Firepower. If you have time, Theatre of Magic and other old releases could use a polish, but it's not that important. Little issues, like the displays in Funhouse and Bride display disappearing would be nice to have fixed. I believe Funhouse has a game breaking bug as well. The flipper gap in Medieval Madness has never been addressed.

These I feel are the main issues with the game. Otherwise, great work. Looking forward to added ball spin to the engine.

Minor but could you also remove the chime from pressing enter on name entry.

The new video, Pinball 101, does not run properly on iPhone 4S.
"

The thing about Kickstarter rewards is just something you guys should understand without me having to say anything.

Anyways thanks for reading man.

We have people staying all night tonight making sure everyone gets their rewards. Give us a chance. :)

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
We have people staying all night tonight making sure everyone gets their rewards. Give us a chance. :)

Exactly...the update hasn't even been out 12 hours and already it's the end of the world for some and many are already throwing FarSight's future efforts under the bus. I would appreciate it if we could please hold off on these rants and give these guys a chance to do their job.

Eegah

May 12, 2013
The center post is both too useful and not useful enough. I'm falling into a bad habit of watching STDM balls go down just to see if the post will stop them. It only does about one time in three but I can't help just watching it drop.

Doesn't look like there's a subforum for it yet but where are we on strategy? Without having played the RL table much it looks like the escape route goodies are the way to go. Rules don't state if you can stack the extra balls from it with multiple clears on the same ball or not, or if there's a limit to how many you can rack up. Assuming not it seems like the secret is to concentrate on spot targets until multiball is enabled, start that and use the extra balls bouncing around to take care of the rest of the rather risky spots and grabbing the jackpot, then repeat. Cycle ramp doesn't seem to be really worth it point wise as it's too hard to loop and the bonus on this table isn't huge (caps at about 10M, but don't forget about the EB light at 6x the first time). Payday is probably decent point wise but if you can be working on EBs instead...

Specials are only points this time but the table's so generous it's probably for the best.

Mike Lindsey

FarSight Employee
Jul 23, 2013
I'm not sure if you caught it, but I echoed MW's sentiment (specifically this one, but his first one as well) exactly. As a collective of people who want nothing more with this game than to see you guys bring licensed tables to it via KS continuously, we can say it's stuff like this that seriously deters people from backing another project. Hell, I would even say this incident has pushed the next KS from being a shoe-in to something that will probably barely make it... unless it isn't TAF, in which case there's no way in hell the next KS table is making it.

I don't know how many Farsight employees saw just how many people weren't going to back T2 because of this very same issue, but I'll tell you that in non-pinball specific forums like NeoGAF people were practically calling for heads and not backing the table at all in protest for this very reason.

And I defended you guys :(

There actually isn't and issue. We are unlocking the tables as we speak. It's just a bit of a time consuming process.

sotie

Aug 30, 2012
Exactly...the update hasn't even been out 12 hours and already it's the end of the world for some and many are already throwing FarSight's future efforts under the bus. I would appreciate it if we could please hold off on these rants and give these guys a chance to do their job.

PiN WiZ, your words echo my thoughts. I mean everything feels much smoother this time around and it actually feels (to me) that FS is in control and knows what they're doing now. I wish everyone would just give them a little bit to get the rewards going instead of immediately putting them up to the chopping block. Let's give them a couple of business days to work this out. :cool:

Lord Boron

Apr 18, 2012
Look at it this way. They got the table out WAY earlier than anyone expected. If we have to wait another 24 hrs, were still getting it a lot earlier than I thought we would.

N

netizen

Random semi-on-topic question related to the Kickstarter: Because T2 was released as a part of Season 2, those who purchased what/which KS level will be issued a Table Pack credit for their KS entitlement?

And is there, or will there be a GUI way for checking/redeeming the credits we have with FS on the website?

Tokyo Rose

Jul 13, 2012
Not an overly difficult or complicated pin, but the theme and gameplay are just fun. Can be a fast flow game if you want to play it that way. I really like the iOS version of T2. Big thumbs up from me. Thanks to everyone that made it happen.

I agree completely. Love those outlines, too ! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts