Table of the Week Club...week 1 : GENIE

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThePinballFan

Jan 3, 2015
I'd love to hear what you think the differences between the platforms you play. I only got the PC and don't intend to get it on my phone; I'd rather read than play games whilst shuttling between places.

Ofcourse PC must be allot harder to play on because I haven't broken the 3mill yet :p

I played the PC demo version some days ago and it wasn't harder as the PS4 version.
Don't know about the smartphones, but Genie on PS4 is difficult (3 extra balls and 3 million Wizard Goals).

Last edited:

WhiteChocolate

Apr 15, 2014
No, the tourney will happen the 4th Sat of every month (starting in Feb) and will be with the last few tables of the week. So get your practice in now!

I'll come up with the rules for the tourney a little later, maybe with your guys input. I do not want a grind fest, and am thinking of having s 12 hour window when the time comes.

ahhk! ok i'll jump back in when it makes better sense - still a good reason to play around a bit more with the online boards; i usually stayed unplugged between devices - i wondered if there were some way to save out the online weekly tab board from steam or another platform, to make for something to go by, after you made the suggestion - +100 SUPER JACKPOTS for syt's idea! too many awesome "diy" tourneys if there were a way for tpa to dice-and-slice up the lists a bit!

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
ahhk! ok i'll jump back in when it makes better sense - still a good reason to play around a bit more with the online boards; i usually stayed unplugged between devices - i wondered if there were some way to save out the online weekly tab board from steam or another platform, to make for something to go by, after you made the suggestion - +100 SUPER JACKPOTS for syt's idea! too many awesome "diy" tourneys if there were a way for tpa to dice-and-slice up the lists a bit!

I would love it if we could create our own and have a way of it being recorded in game. Oh well.

So this table is frustrating the hell out of me. I can hit the bonus collect hole probably 65-70% of the time. Same with shooting to the upper flippers from the right lower. I can build the bonus multiplier up, I can even get extra ball lit at least once or twice per game. It's the outlane drains that are killing me, and it's pure luck what happens when the ball goes near them! I can deal with the center drains, as those are usually my fault. I haven't even cracked 1 million yet. And then I have some games where a single nudge will give me a tilt. Grrrrrrr.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Woohoo! Got the Extra Balls goal!
Genie_zps912104ae.png

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
Speaking for myself here. It MIGHT help though. And this depends on how good you are at the upper PF. Lite the extra ball, of coarse, and try for it. Here's the thing though, if you're having a hard time getting it (you'll probably just drain, or get frustrated). So my advice is.... Try to hit the special (when lit). If you've missed 2 or more times, just ignore it, and focus on the upper playfeild. With enough practice, you can lite extra ball, and special. But my point is, don't keep going for the special or extra ball if you're not having any luck (when only one is lit), drop everything and go back up to the upper PF. Does that make any sense? Yeah, it's tough to lite both, but in a situation when you can feel yourself hopelessly going for the 1 target, your time could be better spent trying to get them both lit. And I'm not talking about the upper left extra ball. That should be a higher priority than the other 2 (when lit). Am I making any sense? I feel like I'm not relaying the point correctly

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
what I said applies more to if you've got the special lit. As it is harder to hit than the EB right above it. Try for it a couple times, and if you survive, it's better to just take safe shots to get to the upper PF to get the EB lit also. That's all I was trying to say. Another thing is that, whe the ball comes screamin from the right, instead of flipping just nudge left and let it dead pass. Just hard for me to explain. It'd be much easier if I knew how to make a video. Also my mind is a little foggy.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Best score so far is 1.43M, not quite my personal best. Genie is very hypnotic. The balls and games flow together almost seamlessly... is this Ball 1? Or Ball 3? Did I just start a new game, or is this a game that's going really well?

Worst is being lulled into a false sense of security. You have your EB. You have 5x Bonus. Maybe you have just collected a maxed bonus from the kickout. Maybe you were able to catch the ball on the lower right flipper on the way down. So all you need to do now is shoot the ball back into the upper playfield, rinse, and repeat, right?

5 seconds later the ball drains from the upper playfield, down the "A" lane, past the bumper, dithers on the divider, and merrily drops into the outlane.

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
It's the type of table that I can do great at while grinding, but when the table of the week tourney comes around, I know I'll choke. Things will go haywire. Upset the established order and everything becomes chaos

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
It's the type of table that I can do great at while grinding, but when the table of the week tourney comes around, I know I'll choke. Things will go haywire. Upset the established order and everything becomes chaos

That's how I am with all tourneys. I just can't deal.

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
It'll make you better Fung of gi. In all honesty, when there's an actual reason to get high scores, it makes me pay attention to what's getting the best score. The 'challenges' don't really do much for me though. Lots of bugs. RBION kicks me out when I've go 2 balls left! Also they should make goals possible during challenges. Is that so hard?

Nat-1969

Dec 27, 2014
It'll make you better Fung of gi. In all honesty, when there's an actual reason to get high scores, it makes me pay attention to what's getting the best score. The 'challenges' don't really do much for me though. Lots of bugs. RBION kicks me out when I've go 2 balls left! Also they should make goals possible during challenges. Is that so hard?

No kidding..only time I've ever completed video mode in Medieval Madness was during a challenge. I didn't realize at that time that goals didn't complete during challenges. Was my best score ever too, but I noticed that despite entering my initials it didn't show up on my high scores. Major bummer.

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
Gotta admit, I'd be mad if that happened. It's 1 of 15 or so left for me. Isn't it much easier to go for the 3mil genie has? It's attainable. The others are too I suppose. But this is the one that just keeps you coming because it's a matter of ball control.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.