Table of the Week Club...Week 11: BLACK KNIGHT 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
I've noticed that as well. Most of my drains on this table take about a nanosecond from whatever they bounce off of to being in the outlane. I still don't have the goal yet either, maybe I'll try hitting it just as multiball starts too. I tried that last night but was way too slow since I still waited until they started heading that way. Upped my best score to nearly 4 million at least. I should probably stop trying to hit the drop targets and start trying to stay in the upper half of the playfield.

Yes, you should! :) No point in hitting those targets, B L A C K doesn't yield a lot, especially seeing how much risk is involved in shootings those targets. Getting MB/Jackpots while collecting R A N S O M letters and doing the hurry-ups is where the points are on this table.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I'd like to just point out this table has by far been our least commented/least viewed thread so far. I shudder to think what the response will be like on a certain few tables. Eek.

Johni3w6

Oct 31, 2012
I'd like to just point out this table has by far been our least commented/least viewed thread so far. I shudder to think what the response will be like on a certain few tables. Eek.

This table should get more than what CBW will get, hopefully.

Then again I'm guilty of not playing BK2000 or any tables so far this week.

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
Well, you have to figure in the release of Cyclone too probably. Let's see what next week brings!

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
Maybe it's because the strategy on this table isn't all that hard to figure out. It's like Slam23 said in post #21. That about covers it. But then those (non-viewers) of this thread who are still doing the tourney better not complain about their crappy scores. Well, that'll happen no matter what. By me too I'm sure lol.

Or people just hate BK2000. I dig it though. I remember being super stoked when it came out. I hadn't played it before, but I just love the flow. And I don't think its too similar to BK. I never could get into BK. But BK200 still gets me amped. It's one of those that could easily be forgotten, and revisited after a long while. But for me, I don't need a BFTK style mode in order to enjoy it. Even though it's nice to have something to build towards. Completing Ransom isn't all that easy for me. Espescially since I usually forget that closing out starts it all over. DOH!

Edit : speaking of Ransom... Can't remember who, but someone brought up a good point that for the tourney we should all play with the Ransom reset. Or is that too obvious?

Last edited:

Bahnzo

Apr 18, 2012

I just don't own S3/4 tables so waiting for next one.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Edit : speaking of Ransom... Can't remember who, but someone brought up a good point that for the tourney we should all play with the Ransom reset. Or is that too obvious?

I would really hope someone isn't going to purposely build up to RANSO and then leave the game on just so they can then collect the M and all the points that go with it once the tourney starts. There are other tables that do this too, or build up jackpots so long as you don't back out of the game and play a different table. I hope it goes without saying we should all play the tables in their beginning state, but I'll make sure to include a reminder.

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
I just don't own S3/4 tables so waiting for next one.

That's really a shame. The quality of the tables on season 3 and 4 is better than previous seasons. The tables feel more refined and polished. I'm not talking about table choices, mind you.

WhiteChocolate

Apr 15, 2014
;0 i didn't consider bk2k very highly until i discovered while culling together my 'all-time best' scores that this turned out to be my (so far) #1 scoring table. lol! (sure that it was because a lot of people just hadn't really given it a good several tries, so there weren't many rankings maybe at the time for me to compete with, although whatever time i did so, i wasn't "competing," just playin' a round.)

so then it became a slight favorite - "well let's try this one over and see if i can get some epics on it"... sure it's not my favorite in terms of design (half-and-half upper/lower tableplay, makes the lower playfield so short), the one-flipper upper play (that can get so fast it's a blur, until you learn to pace your hits), and the overall 'quickness' of the design - it's a real heart-attack of a table to get into playing it! ;) it's unforgiving. but i've given it a few more go's just to try to push my score up a bit... nowhere's near noticable, but still, a little bit of pride that this turns out to be (probably still) my #1 score! albeit in the thousands lol. no denying though it's a stressfully repetitive table.

i just hadn't had time much past week to be playing or replyin'; otherwise i would've given it a good go again!

Last edited:

JefferyD

May 10, 2013
I do enjoy both of the Black Knight tables, but they tend to be one-and-done temptations. I just can’t bring myself to drop in a second quarter, so to speak.

Maybe it’s because the lower playfield feels so claustrophobic. You can take a strong shot and it ricochets off the post and it’s gone from the field of play so quickly you don’t even know which way it went to its doom.

And the magna-save sounds like a great idea but I usually push it accidentally early on, which I don’t mind because the only time I hit it on purpose is well after the ball has fallen down the hole and popped back into the launch lane.

I like to play them once in a while, but only once; and then I wonder if Fish Tales is friendly today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.