Table of the Week Club...Week 12: BRIDE OF PIN*BOT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
Thanks, Eldar. Will keep trying on the billion shot. I need to get more efficient at getting to the big wheel -- that adds to the feeling that the billion shot doesn't come up a lot.

Slam: Off the top of my head, without opening up the games to get exact quotes: HRC refers to the player as male. So does MM. Probably AFM. Dr. Dude (or do people in that crowd refer to girls as dudes? I'm not up on the lingo). Then there are tables that are themed for men: motorcycles and high speed chases and what not. I'll try to compile a list as I go through games. But you can just listen for it too. But certainly there are many tables that are truly gender neutral. TOM, for example. I don't play real life pinball. Are there any tables that are built for girls?

I can't think of any in particular, except maybe Wizard of Oz by Jersey Jack? Female protagonist in any case.

Johni3w6

Oct 31, 2012
Played it for the first time this week and got the Billion really easy, which is a surprise for me.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
B25CDEE7B2426005CA370661D9D19D32BF8591ED

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I'd just like to stop and make an appeal to those who have visited this and other TotW threads but have not yet tried out our TotM. In these threads, there are frequent posts about "how easy" a table might be, or "how exploitable". You might be thinking to yourself, "I don't find it that way at all. No way do I want to enter a tournament with these people!"

First of all, look back at the results for the past two tournaments and I think you'll see that the scores are NOT out of whack. They are actually quite reasonable for the most part. Second, you do not realize the fun to be had until you have actually participated. Inquire with any who have joined, I think they'll tell you the same thing. We gained a few extra players who sat out the first one, and they were pleasantly surprised. Third, you do not need to own all the tables. You could own only 1, yet you'd still earn the minimum points for the other 3.

We had 38 participants last time. I'd like to reach 50 this next go around. I've got a special prize lined up when the current season ends in July, but you will have to have played in at least 4 of the 6 tourneys to be entered. Tourney 3 sign ups start next week. To all the veterans, encourage fellow forum members who have showed interest to sign up. Whaddya say, can we hit my goal?

masterthes

Apr 12, 2014
Up to 3 billion! Finally! It was so cool. Got a chance to make the billion shot three times in a row

Dedpop

Jun 3, 2014
First of all, look back at the results for the past two tournaments and I think you'll see that the scores are NOT out of whack. They are actually quite reasonable for the most part. Second, you do not realize the fun to be had until you have actually participated. Inquire with any who have joined, I think they'll tell you the same thing. We gained a few extra players who sat out the first one, and they were pleasantly surprised. Third, you do not need to own all the tables. You could own only 1, yet you'd still earn the minimum points for the other 3.

I'm really an average player and I approve this message. :D
Join it ! The more the merrier !

invitro

May 4, 2012
Or does it just always take a lot of big wheel shots to get 8 shots at a billion?
I recorded my Big Wheel awards from my 11.0B game of 2015-03-07. Well, I started when I had 1.176B and one billion collected, and I think I had gotten a special from the Big Wheel also. Here they are, with each line being a separate "run" of Big Wheel awards:
5, 5, B, B
5, B
5, 1
5, B, B, 10
10, 1, B, B, 10, 5, 5, 10 (the last billions)
5, 10, 5, 5
50, 5, 5, 5, 1, 5, 5
50, 50
50, 50, 5
(score now 8.9B)
50, 5, 50, 50, 5, 50, 10
10, 5, 50 (at 196 loops, skill shot 50x, bonus 15x, 4 EBs)
- (no awards collected)
-
-
5, 50, 10, 50, 1, 1, 50, 5, 50, 10, 10, 5, 10, 10, 5 (I now start wondering if billions are gone... I didn't know)
50, 5, 50, 5, 1
(had played for 3.5 hrs)
50, 5, 5, 5, 10
10, 5, 5
10, 10, 5, 5, 1, 10
5, 1, 10, 10, 50, 50
(score now 10.868B)
5, 5, 5
5, 1, 5, 5
drained balls and gave up.

I was curious if the awards were equiprobable... they look so from eyeballing.

invitro

May 4, 2012
This could be a very interesting thread you know, a female perspective on pinball. Sorely lacking here I might add :) I usually tend to meet two type of women in the context of pinball: the serious female players (who can kick my but at real tables any day), and women who had the choice of coming to the club with their husband or sit alone in front of the telly. They can be spotted fairly easy by the bored and slightly embaressed look on their face, while hubby is making love to the table so to speak :) Anyway, what I find a bit irritating as a male, is that pinball manufacturers think that I want to see scantily clad women on a table, even if they have nothing to do with the theme of the table or pinball in general (just like all those car ads), and that when they want to have the table oozing sex, they aim at a very adolescent view. Just my opinion.
I concur with all of this :). When I played BoP (the real machine) a lot, my girlfriend was at first maybe a little amused by it, but pretty quickly got annoyed enough that I didn't play it if she was with me.

I can't think of any tables designed to appeal more to females than males. I would support one if possible. I wonder if Stern ever gives any thought into such a license... probably not.

Morg

Apr 3, 2014
I actually managed to knock the top score off my local high scores, it kept magically improving to a little higher than my best score until now. It did delete one of my other billion-point scores however. I also had my one of if not my best game ever of a bit over 80 million(all on one ball and its EBs). I'm wondering if I should keep a manual record of my scores that don't include a billion.

I've managed to learn how to get extra balls from the loop pretty reliably now. Hopefully I can figure out whether or not I can do the same with the jackpot loop on the last day today. Still waiting for a multi-billion game too. I keep fumbling multiball, always want to start having fun instead of being patient and boring and successful.

Johni3w6

Oct 31, 2012
wtf? I don't play a lot on the PC, was playing BOP and had a great game going and had to pause the game for about two minutes and when I came back TPA crashed. If this a known problem with TPA on PC?

I was finally able to get more than 6x bonus and had 15x bonus, thought the tone of the song would change but, it didn't.
The 15x netted me just over 44 million.

invitro

May 4, 2012
wtf? I don't play a lot on the PC, was playing BOP and had a great game going and had to pause the game for about two minutes and when I came back TPA crashed. If this a known problem with TPA on PC?
I don't think I've ever had the game crash during a pause. And I pause tons, for seconds, minutes, hours, overnight.

It does reliably crash when I alt-tab, and sometimes a few minutes after I alt-tab back to the game. So I never alt-tab when I'm going for a high score. This doesn't bother me too much.

Johni3w6

Oct 31, 2012
I don't think I've ever had the game crash during a pause. And I pause tons, for seconds, minutes, hours, overnight.

It does reliably crash when I alt-tab, and sometimes a few minutes after I alt-tab back to the game. So I never alt-tab when I'm going for a high score. This doesn't bother me too much.

I don't why it did seeing I used the controller to pause. I'll make sure never to use the alt-tab to pause a game. Maybe give it a shot again later, for now I'll stick with the PS3.

masterthes

Apr 12, 2014
So, I discovered a neat little trick this past week, although I'm sure most of you have tried this. When you go up the ramp, try nudging it at the apex and your ball will wind up in the Machine, so you can try bypassing it going to the jets

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
Nice find, does remind of the ToM left loop up nudge to the bumper and bonus X area. Does this not mess up something, i.e. the machine losing track of progress? If not, it will probably be a bit of a tradeoff between faster progression of the machine, vs. slower progression toward getting the extra ball off of the "600K" Pinbot shot (If I correctly remember this is after completing two sets of 100K-200K-300K Pinbot shots). Will try it for sure!

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012

I wonder if there's another Backdoor at 20 in a row?

Nice vid! I haven't tried going further than the first Backdoor, haven't heard of one at 20, but that would take 11+12+13+14+15+16+17+18+19+20=155 additional ramp shots, excluding some extra because it seems like it doesn't take ramps when you just finished one of the combo's, and offcourse only if you shoot them perfectly in row. I reckon you could easily look at 300+ ramps to get there....
Another thing: I never encountered a ball ricochet with a locked ball when shooting the heart ramp (on iOS), that looks to me like faulty behaviour. Having the camera revert to plunger in a two-ball situation I did encounter a few times, also with two balls in play, not locked....

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
I remember trying for the 20 ramps to see that too. I think I got there but there was no second backdoor billion.

They don't quite have to be perfectly in sequence, if you miss you've got about three seconds to regain control and try again before it times out, but it's still pretty tight.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Having done it once, I'm not sure I could be bothered to do it again.

There is also the other rumored backdoor billion available if you light an EB with EB's already lit in all 4 inlanes/outlanes. I suppose using ball control/Thing ball you might be able to set that up just to see if it's true.

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
Having done it once, I'm not sure I could be bothered to do it again.

There is also the other rumored backdoor billion available if you light an EB with EB's already lit in all 4 inlanes/outlanes. I suppose using ball control/Thing ball you might be able to set that up just to see if it's true.

If I understand this correctly, you have to light another EB without collecting those lit in the in/outlanes? That's a tough one! That means that the Heart ramp is out, only shooting the Shuttle ramp will feed the right flipper without triggering the right inlane.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.