Table of the Week Club...Week 13: MONSTER BASH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maggie

Jan 8, 2015
I've been having trouble with the flippers not responding. Anybody else having that problem on IOS?

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013
Just a heads up for TotM, Monster Bash using DX11 crashed when I tilted, so if DX11 is still in beta without a fix for this by next TotM, I would advise not to play this table on DX11.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Just a heads up for TotM, Monster Bash using DX11 crashed when I tilted, so if DX11 is still in beta without a fix for this by next TotM, I would advise not to play this table on DX11.
Or if you can, revert to the non-beta version.

Locksley

Jan 2, 2015
But not for all of us? Using Nvidia card and fullscreen, tilting works fine for me (not that I TILT that often...).

I do crash the program everytime I leave TPA though; but I never read anyone else having this problem so it's prob my computer/drivers.

Can't play without Dx11 now :cool:

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Yeah [MENTION=459]jaredmorgs[/MENTION], when booting up the game we have the option of loading either DX9 or DX11, so it's real easy to switch between the two.

I have an Nvidia card, haven't had any crashing problems. I tilted on CBW and nothing happened, so there! And I agree, going back to DX9 for the April tourney was hard. If we get a shiny ball fix, I'd have no need to go back when on a score hunt.

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013
Yeah [MENTION=459]jaredmorgs[/MENTION], when booting up the game we have the option of loading either DX9 or DX11, so it's real easy to switch between the two.

I have an Nvidia card, haven't had any crashing problems. I tilted on CBW and nothing happened, so there! And I agree, going back to DX9 for the April tourney was hard. If we get a shiny ball fix, I'd have no need to go back when on a score hunt.

Oh I tilted plenty of times on cbw dx11 without issues. Something just crashed on MB. I don't know. But I can be wrong but when you tilt on cbw dx9 you still get the bonus count but when you tilt on cbw dx11 you dont. I don't know for sure yet but I never had bonus not count on dx9 tilt and that's happened on dx11. Could be a rule I'm not familiar with yet.

Edit:Nevermind I don't think there's a difference in bonus count after tilting.

Last edited:

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
So I didn't get to play this last week. I finished up the goals on CBW quickly, and then jumped on this. All I've got left is the Mosh Pit Super Jackpot and it is frustrating me. Never knew 10 times up the Frankie ramp could be such a pain, but controlling the multiball and doing that at the same time is proving so. Special note, I hate wizard goals like the one where you have to get the special by draining a ball in the outlane. The wizard should be for lighting it, as that is what takes skill. Getting the ball to go down the outlane is pure luck (bad or good).

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
At least with the way you play MB, you'll have a bunch of opportunities to try for Mosh Pit super JP. That trapped ball on the right flipper to the scoop is so safe, and ends up counting towards lighting Mosh Pit half the time. But yeah, I agree, it's pretty rough. What I would say about that is to add as many balls as possible. Unlike controlled multiball play, where you just let the 3rd ball drain. I've found that the more the better towards that crazy super jackpot. I think I've only gotten it once or twice

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
Special note, I hate wizard goals like the one where you have to get the special by draining a ball in the outlane.

Funny how we complain about outlane drains on so many tables, then as soon as an achievement is involved, we complain about a lack of outlane drains. :)

The wizard should be for lighting it

This is hard or impossible to detect on many tables, which might simply light the lamp without any fanfare. Theatre of Magic is an example. Detecting the animation for collecting it is much cleaner to implement.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Funny how we complain about outlane drains on so many tables, then as soon as an achievement is involved, we complain about a lack of outlane drains. :)

This is hard or impossible to detect on many tables, which might simply light the lamp without any fanfare. Theatre of Magic is an example. Detecting the animation for collecting it is much cleaner to implement.

Except it doesn't work most of the time on MB because Specials tend to be collected during the various multi-ball modes, all of which prioritize their own animations over Special. You may get the soundbite but the goals are triggered by the display.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
You should just be able to trap a ball on the left flipper and loop the center ramp over and over.

Should being the operative word. I had 2 balls cradled on the left. I hit Frankie twice, and then hit the bride ramp. Since we can't do a ball juggle in TPA, I do a quick flip, sending balls everywhere. I finally regain control, minus one ball. I get another Frankie ramp, and then an erroneous flip and some wild bounces send the ball into the scoop. Here we go again, ball flying at the left flipper! I think I'm so used to Creature, where once the ball is on the left flipper you never have to worry about it again, that I just panic when a shot goes wrong. And with the Frankie ramp, I just don't have the timing to hit it consistently.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
That's why I said "should". Took me a number of attempts to nail it; I've still only got it 2 or 3 times total. It's better to hold off launching additional balls until after the initial ball saver has timed out, adding new balls gives you a new ball saver.

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
I still feel like I'm right. Add more and more balls. Eat that. I base my conclusion on nothing at all. Yes!

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Finally got my Mosh Pit Super Jackpot. I decided to play without the volume on. First time playing, I get it. Don't know if that was a direct affect of not getting worked up by the music or finally just getting my mojo going, but it's done. I think next time I play this in my league, I'm going to try and do what I've been doing just now; shooting the spinner 6 times and then starting Mosh Pit. Good for a quick 20-50 million which may not be much on TPA, but is great on a real table. Sure beats my other tactic which was just shooting for the scoop and praying for a manageable kick out.

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013
But not for all of us? Using Nvidia card and fullscreen, tilting works fine for me (not that I TILT that often...).

I do crash the program everytime I leave TPA though; but I never read anyone else having this problem so it's prob my computer/drivers.

Can't play without Dx11 now :cool:

It only happened once that MB crashed on tilt. And that'sthe only crash I had on DX11 whatsoever. But anyway I think Monster Bash actually looks better on DX9. So washed out colors on DX11.

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
The texture resolution is 3x7 pixels in some parts, both dx9 and dx11.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Members online