Table of the Week Club...Week 17: HARLEY DAVIDSON

Status
Not open for further replies.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Regarding your complaint on the progress of cities you've visited, that can be seen by activating the status screen. Hold either flipper.

Sure, that's great and all, but you need to have a ball cradled to do that.

What you really want is a giant map front and center in the playfield, a la Red & Ted. That would be fantastic. Instead you get a bad photo of some bikers.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
I don't think SYT is asking for a solution to the City thing. He's taking note of one of the possible reasons for the hate.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Yes, cradling is a breeze while you have 4 balls bouncing around. Sure it is. And that's the thing, it's usually during multiball that I get curious about cities and how many I need or have gotten. Map ala Red and Ted would totally have been the way to go, but I'd even take the list like the continents on RBION.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Something I discovered that wasn't in the table instructions...

If you run over every pedestrian in video mode, you earn an extra ball. I believe there are 16 to hit. I've done it once, while hitting 15 more times than I can remember.

workshed

Feb 26, 2015
Something I discovered that wasn't in the table instructions...

If you run over every pedestrian in video mode, you earn an extra ball. I believe there are 16 to hit. I've done it once, while hitting 15 more times than I can remember.

Yup, I finally managed it less than an hour ago after god knows how many times playing that video mode since I got the table. Extra ball and around six and a quarter million (don't remember the exact amount) for getting it perfect. The beginning and end bits aren't too bad, but around the middle it gets pretty tricky.

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
Yes, perfect video mode earns an extra ball. I guess folks don't look in the table strategy forums here, it's been mentioned plenty. The other important part is that after you get the maximum 3 EBs in a game, all would-be EBs including video mode award 30M instead, which is a fairly sizable sum on this table.

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
I guess folks don't look in the table strategy forums here

I don't know why, but this struck a chord with me. First of all, I thought 'table of the week' was meant for discussion about the tables. There wouldn't be much discussion if you could just say "refer to 'x' thread." no one's going to respond positively to, "well you should've just read the strategy thread." Second of all, there are a lot of us that actually have read them. Third, and most important, what new person is going to want to join in on the convo when it's just "why didn't you know this already?"

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Hey Extork, remember. It's the internet. Typed words often don't read like the person may or may not have intended. I doubt vikingerik was trying to be a douche.

I will restate why Table of the Week even exists. I used to play on the PS3. I was always behind on the discussion because of that. Now I'm on the PC and trying to go through all the tables, collecting wizard goals as needed. I wanted to restart those conversations.

Now someone may ask, why not go back to those threads, bring new life to them? Well, for one I'm too indifferent to look 'em up. I also hate slogging through pages of a thread just to make sure I don't ask something that has already been covered. Finally, we are covering the tables as they now exist. Not as they were 2, 3 years ago. Many have discovered fast scoring tricks since then, and these TotW threads are a way to get right to the meat of a table, quick and easy without all the oohing and awing.

So let's not start any flame wars in here! It's all good, just have fun. Take it out on each other in the tourney through competition. As for me, I'm going to try and beat this stupid Milwaukee goal once and for all. Grrrr.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Yep, "next city" every plunge. I don't collect it right away though when it's sub 100 miles for a city. I try to get the multiball modes ready, and usually in that time will collect a city just by all the random bounces. Once in multiball, hope to collect at least 2 more cities, and then when that is done, I'll collect "next city" from the mystery rider hole. After that, most cities are 120+ miles, so if I lose a ball, I'll shoot that hole almost immediately.

Where it kills me is I when I only have like 20 miles left, and the ball will bounce into the hole. I'm like, "nooooo! I was saving that!!" I've gotten 14 of the cities plenty of times, only heard the word 'Milwaukee' once though, and the ball drained before I could collect all the miles. I really wanna go back to playing GTA III*, but I first need this stupid goal!

*Humble Bundle has III, VC, SA, IV, and dlc for $10 right now. Wheeee!

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
*Humble Bundle has III, VC, SA, IV, and dlc for $10 right now. Wheeee!

Grabbed them all on Steam a while ago. I think for $20 the lot. So I did okay. Mind you I got a good chunk of the way in to IV before I got bored... it takes itself too damned seriously. VC was a complete blast, completely tongue-in-cheek, larger-than-life characters, and more than enough crazy stuff to do. Why can't I deliver pizzas in IV? Why can't the taxi missions be more like the Crazy Taxi-style in III/VC/SA?

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Grabbed them all on Steam a while ago. I think for $20 the lot. So I did okay. Mind you I got a good chunk of the way in to IV before I got bored... it takes itself too damned seriously. VC was a complete blast, completely tongue-in-cheek, larger-than-life characters, and more than enough crazy stuff to do. Why can't I deliver pizzas in IV? Why can't the taxi missions be more like the Crazy Taxi-style in III/VC/SA?

I actually picked them up on Steam 2 months back for this same price as Humble, but only just started playing. So fun rediscovering III, and VC will be a blast. Never came close to finishing SA back in the day, and last year I messed around with IV but didn't get far. Biggest pain on PC has been downloading the mods that make the games look and play the way they should.

invitro

May 4, 2012
The layout isn't actually half bad. I think if the flippers were a little better tuned, this table would be much more enjoyable.

I don't hate the playfield, but I do hate everything else... the rules, the sound, the dots, and the art all suck.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
This is what goes through my head as soon as I fire up the table...

Gus

Mar 5, 2014
Uh Harley :/ I haven't touched this since I finally made it to Milwaukee over a year ago. I tried it again yesterday and actually made it to Milwaukee on first try. No where near to get that super Milwaukee jackpot though. I find the bike a hard shot.

1.3B is required to get 1k Hall of Fame points so I'll try for that I guess. It looks like it's a must to learn the video mode to get the eb and the 30M runs to score like that. I was pretty good at the video mode a year ago but I'm total crap at it now.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Ugh. I just. This table has. Grrrr.

For the life of me I can't get to stupid Milwaukee. I got 7 cities on one ball, had 3 extra balls, thought I was on easy street. Nope. 2 do nothing balls in a row, and then some ho-hum balls and game over. 13 cities collected. I'm just tired of trying. This table has run me into the ground. I play a few credits of it, and then go back to doing something more interesting, like watching a movie or playing GTA. And the thing is, it bothers me to no end not collecting that last wizard. Genie and AFM haunt me too, I really didn't need to add this to the collection. I just can't really muster up the motivation to try any more.

As I posted earlier...Harley David. Son of a B!tch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.