Table of the Week Club...Week 18: RIPLEY'S BELIEVE IT OR NOT

Status
Not open for further replies.

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
Huh, you're right. I tried it and it does look like that's a reliable railroad for South America. I'd misremembered about the head putting the ball into the bumpers, confused it with the behavior during North America. I'm still not sure if the risk/reward beats out just spinning for more continents, but it's worth considering.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Just posted 1.97B. Yep, those 2x Continent tours do add up nicely, don't they?

Not that it matters for the tournament... but there's clearly a hard limit for EBs because it just stops awarding them after a bit. The last one I collected netted me 2M points instead.

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
Huh, you're right. I tried it and it does look like that's a reliable railroad for South America.

No, I played more and this isn't true. I got that railroad my first five times in a row, but after that it happend maybe 25%. There are other railroads that occur. There's one that hits the top of the right slingshot but calmly drops towards the flippers, and another that comes down the right inlane. They're still not all that dangerous, 90% safe or so, but anything short of a guarantee isn't good enough in a game with limited EBs.

The EB limit is 9 per game. Any further EBs score 1M instead. (I guess 2x scoring can double that.)

Maggie

Jan 8, 2015
1000 HOF points, and all wizards accomplished! I still don't know how to read the grid, so I get 2x scoring randomly. But even with that, just rolling through the continents adds up well. I go ahead and play South America. For me the roll out is almost always a few sling shots to the scoop for some nice reward and then back to right flipper to repeat. Because I'm focused on HOF points (just over 16,000 now) I plunged out to avoid any bugs...could have gone on for a while. Not sure how you high scorers manage the patience once the game just cycles through over and over again.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I still don't know how to read the grid, so I get 2x scoring randomly.

2x scoring on the grid is when you light up all 3 of gems on the right side. First, shoot the right ramp in order to light the temple. Next, catch the ball on your left flipper. Reason I say catch it, is that you are guaranteed for the ball to go down the far right lane when shooting from there. Shooting from a rolling ball is no guarantee at all. Once a gem is collected, repeat the process by shooting the right ramp again. Do this 3 times, get 2x scoring. The slot machine numbers correspond to each lane and tell you which of the 3 gems will be lit when the ball rolls over the sensor.

Maggie

Jan 8, 2015
For some reason, I can't read what's lit up on this machine. That means I'm never quite sure if I have another extra ball queued up, or where I am on the super jackpots. Fortunately, this machine is super generous with extra balls, and not really all that drain-y once you know which shots work, so none of that info is terribly important in putting up a decent score. Once I figured out how to manage the kick-out from the continent scoop, my score jumped a lot.

invitro

May 4, 2012
I'm gonna ask another stupid question... did I miss a tournament? Was there one with Monster Bash and the next three? I don't see a thread with the May tourney mentioned...

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
The weekly tables have gotten ahead of the tournament schedule, since there are more than 4 weeks per month. It might reduce confusion to synch those up better, possibly by skipping a week or two on the weekly tables. Road Show's release would be one good time.

Maggie

Jan 8, 2015
I like having the weekly tables, though it makes sense to suspend in weeks when a new table is out. Another solution would be to have five tables in a tournament from time to time.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Don't worry, we won't get too out of sync. We're gonna take a week off right around the 4th of July. Depending on IF a certain table is the next, I might make it then. Whatever the case, we will have a week off soon that will line us back up.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Took me a second to realize that Harley is Stern. It'll always be Sega in my mind, same as Starship Troopers.

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013
16.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.