Table of the Week Club...week 4: FLIGHT 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
Upped my best from 4.3M to 7.5M on my second game, and with a 5M in between no spectacular games after that. I'm having trouble with the "O" inlane rollover. I can't find any way to shoot for it directly yet so I have to wait for it to happen randomly. I'm looking for safe and reproducible angles for an alley pass-like roll up the right flipper. Alley-passing itself is not possible. Also looking into nudging the ball towards the right outlanes. Anyone got another solution?

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
So I managed to get all Wizard Goals as well.

Wizard Goal 5 (Score at least 2m Points) is bugged on my iPad, it registered at the end of one of my balls when I only had about 250k.

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
Never mind, found the tips & tricks thread and found something for the "O"; VikingErik describes it midway through the thread and it's reproducible on iOS. This should help to up those scores again. Also it seems that you can get 4 EB's and stack 'm all if I have to believe the OP (ElderOfSuburbia) in that thread. Have to check that out too.

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
Come on Reagan! If you can reliably hit the blastoff lane and right spinner, you're essentially in the race! The rest is ball control and flipper/deadpassing are your friends.

JefferyD

May 10, 2013
I have mixed luck with this table. I just fired it up and played three games without once getting above 300,000. One night, when I was sick and unable to sleep, I played for a few hours and had a good run, and filled out all the wizard goals without even knowing what they were. There was something hypnotic and thrilling about watching the ball bounce from one side to the other without having to do anything like hit it with a flipper.

Just reacquainted myself with that feeling of helplessness when the "o" lane way over there on the right is the last one you need to get. I my dumb-luck strategy doesn't always get that letter taken care of.

Somehow, my high score is 5.5, but the way I've started I think I'll set a modest goal of 3 million, although a 1 or 2 will probably be just fine.

Johni3w6

Oct 31, 2012
It's an alright table, not one of my favorites but certainly not one of the worst.

Have all the goals and my all time hs is around 3.2 million and today played one game and ended at around 1.2 mil.

Have to be in the mood to play this one and I think the "TofTWC", will encourage me to play this table more frequently this week.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
This is one of those tables for me...I'll have 4 or 5 whatever games and then 1 outstanding game. Truthfully it's probably more like 1 in 10, as opposed to AFM where the 'whatever' game was the rarity.

Ha, sounds about right. That's what happens to me when I play *insert any pinball machine here* in real life, so I guess that's realistic when a TPA table can pull that off. :)

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
Nice find Nat: http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=984
Seems to be a conversion kit for the original Flight 2000 and maybe other tables brought on the market by Gary Stern, when Stern (the firm) went out of business. Nice also to read that Data East went into pinball by acquiring assets of the collapsed Stern business, didn't know that.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
2e77771c96df8434149c12c541fed30e.jpg

So far, I need that Sweep Drops goal to get out of the artificially difficult hell that is Standard Goals on this table.

Nested achievements for the lose!

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
Here is my method to get the O inlane rollover for those too lazy to go find it. It works consistently on PC for me. Slam23 says it works on iOS, fromduc says it works on PS3 with a nudge, and AntonR says it doesn't work on Android.

BTW, this is proof that TPA's physics do work differently on different platforms. My guess is it's actually floating-point calculations behaving differently with precision on the different platforms, since the ball trajectories are very close to identical but vary in what might be the sixth or so decimal place.

Last edited:

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
Good one Tyche! After scoring a 7.5M (also about double my previous) in just a third or fourth game back, I thought I would crack 10M in a heartbeat. No such luck and since seeing Tarek is on top of the leaderboards with (only?) 15M, I have to re-evaluate that 7.5M and maybe call it a week.....

Aside from that: I have the distinct suspicion that tilting not only cancels your current ball's bonus, but also all your (stacked) extra balls. Can anybody confirm that? If that's the case that is quite harsh or maybe it's a bug?

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
Good one Tyche! After scoring a 7.5M (also about double my previous) in just a third or fourth game back, I thought I would crack 10M in a heartbeat. No such luck and since seeing Tarek is on top of the leaderboards with (only?) 15M, I have to re-evaluate that 7.5M and maybe call it a week.....

Aside from that: I have the distinct suspicion that tilting not only cancels your current ball's bonus, but also all your (stacked) extra balls. Can anybody confirm that? If that's the case that is quite harsh or maybe it's a bug?

Yeah, I've had that happen a couple times. But I wouldn't be able to tell you if its a bug or not. A couple of times the plunger actually pulled the ball out of the machine, which then fell to the floor. Kind of amusing. My HS before this was 4.5mil(ish). ive been slowly boosting it up. 5.4mil now. Finally a table of the week that I have a fighting chance with (against myself). That tip that vikingeric shared is what I'm always trying to do now. The first time it happened I about crapped my pants. Didn't look like it was gonna hit that center post.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Here is my method to get the O inlane rollover for those too lazy to go find it. It works consistently on PC for me. Slam23 says it works on iOS, fromduc says it works on PS3 with a nudge, and AntonR says it doesn't work on Android.

BTW, this is proof that TPA's physics do work differently on different platforms. My guess is it's actually floating-point calculations behaving differently with precision on the different platforms, since the ball trajectories are very close to identical but vary in what might be the sixth or so decimal place.
Confirmed it doesn't work on Android.

Gus

Mar 5, 2014
Scored 10.3M which was a really good game :) Feels deceptively close to the upper spots on the leaderboard so I might give it a few more shots but I'm happy with my score either way. This table of the week idea and the monthly tournament has kept me off the new table (SST) for too long already! :) I must say this is a great way to play and appreciate tables I wouldn't play otherwise.

Oh - and I don't get that bounce to the O rollover to work on iOS. I'm probably doing it wrong, but balls that are returned from the blastoff lane returns in different ways most of the time for me. I can get to O from a rebound off one of the 2-4 targets sometimes. Otherwise I'm happy just blasting the right spinner until things light up on chance.

Is it possible to get more than 4 extra balls? 2 from score, 1 from outlane special and one from special off the center target?

Last edited:

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
I'm probably doing it wrong, but balls that are returned from the blastoff lane returns in different ways most of the time for me.

Make sure the top two drop targets are down, and that you don't nudge or flip at all. That's the right way to do it. If you've got that right, then the trick doesn't work on your device.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Is it possible to get more than 4 extra balls? 2 from score, 1 from outlane special and one from special off the center target?

Nope, that's it. My 10.9M score, Ball 3 drained down the lit outlane to give me my final EB. As usual with most outlane EBs/Specials, scoring them is more a matter of luck than skill.

Gus

Mar 5, 2014
Make sure the top two drop targets are down, and that you don't nudge or flip at all. That's the right way to do it. If you've got that right, then the trick doesn't work on your device.
But it seems pretty random which lane of L-A-S-T the ball is returned through? Mostly I think it's through the L lane but many times it doesn't even bounce towards the drop targets at all for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.