Table of the Week Club...Week 49: STARSHIP TROOPERS

Status
Not open for further replies.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I know what you're saying about control. Just when I think I've figured out how to get the shots I want, one rogue bounce and it all goes to pot. Sometimes I get the rhythm of the ramps, other times they elude me completely. Hitting the recon scoop is extremely inconsistent for me, and shooting for it is the source of most of my drains it seems. I have figured out how to use the mini flipper to gain some ball control, but if I wasn't using a controller I don't know how I'd manage.

Voof

Sep 22, 2015
So I got my 5xplanet multi-ball, and my Klendathu, and for some reason my stream decided to cut right through the middle of it. Still, I did it! I'll have to get a play-through of it on you-tube another time though.

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
I always loved this table. I see and feel it's weaknesses, but somehow I like it very much.

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
I always hated dr. Dude with a vengeance but then really applied myself to it, and learned to appreciate it more. Maybe I can lean how to do that with SST. Would be a nice topic in itself: tables you started out hating and then learned to appreciate.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I always hated dr. Dude with a vengeance but then really applied myself to it, and learned to appreciate it more. Maybe I can lean how to do that with SST. Would be a nice topic in itself: tables you started out hating and then learned to appreciate.

I can answer that right now. I didn't 'get' RBION. I played the crap out of ToM and TotAN, and then the next 2 table packs as they were released. Then I got bored with those and decided to actually read the rules to RBION. It's now in my top 3 tables of TPA. So yeah, it's amazing what being forced to focus on a table can do for it. Or at least sometimes.

Crepello55012

Jan 21, 2015
Have to work more with this table, it's a frustrating table. Missing and forgetting about the small red flipper makes feel like Sideshow Bob stepping on a rake.

I'll keep working at it, HS is only a little over 246mil.
:cool: That was good.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.