Table of the Week Club...Week 55: ROAD SHOW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Axlsgolden

Dec 2, 2013
Did a stream/video for you guys on Road Show since you guys were having issues with the 125m Jackpot goal. Ended up getting the 125m jackpot on my 4th multiball and attempt #2... so its not as easy as it sounds! I only posted attempt #2 as its over an hour long. Hope it helps you guys out and keep on flippin'!

Very good work as before, Voof! I don`t like the edges of the slingshots in the close proximity of the flippers. The risk of an instant draining ball is very high (ricochet). So don`t shoot the ball in the last possible moment. My experience.

Last edited:

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
Ok, upped my best from 25B to 26B, a lot of work for a relatively small gain. But I'll take it, it also just bumped me over the 1000 HOF points barrier. Fun table for sure, lots of shots to take and make. I have a problem with consistency in making shots though, which makes me burn through EB's at a fast rate. It still feels though like a monster game can be just around the corner, and with the scaling of the bonus, I get how you could go in the high score range that makes for the top 10 scores. This table has a high "lemme try jus' one more time!" factor for sure...

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013
Yeah secret for me for higher scores is the small side loop to shoot into blast hole. Extra balls and stuff, rolls over after 255 blast so more extra balls coming up then. Extra balls are lots of points of course. You will also advance miles fast that way and it's a safe way to go. Don't keep more than 3 extras at one time because if you hace 4, no extra balls will light up. Also the wizard multiball is good for lighting extra balls by shooting that loop to blast hole because you get the random award and that can be extra balls. So get a good system going. I keep one ball on each flipper, shoot the start mode hole from left then left side loop from left then blast hole. First kickout i let it bounce to left flipper, second ball I catch on right flipper or nudge to the side when ball is falling so that it will stay on right flipper without bouncing over. Just repeat as long as you can.
You will get to a point where it doesn't really matter if you drain a ball or two now and then so just play however you feel is fun, playin the modes is pretty fun for me usually and max the X and just lots of blasts inbetween.
The real challenge of the table for me becomes keeping track of the score. After 9.99B it rolls over on the DMD but you'r actual score rolls over at 999B. I winged it and overscored by 290B. So that's good to keep in mind once you feel you can go infinite.

JustinCamp

Sep 23, 2015
I love this game so stinking much, why did they have to do country music though??? I would probably own the machine IRL if it weren't for the music....

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
Yeah secret for me for higher scores is the small side loop to shoot into blast hole. Extra balls and stuff, rolls over after 255 blast so more extra balls coming up then. Extra balls are lots of points of course. You will also advance miles fast that way and it's a safe way to go. Don't keep more than 3 extras at one time because if you hace 4, no extra balls will light up. Also the wizard multiball is good for lighting extra balls by shooting that loop to blast hole because you get the random award and that can be extra balls. So get a good system going. I keep one ball on each flipper, shoot the start mode hole from left then left side loop from left then blast hole. First kickout i let it bounce to left flipper, second ball I catch on right flipper or nudge to the side when ball is falling so that it will stay on right flipper without bouncing over. Just repeat as long as you can.
You will get to a point where it doesn't really matter if you drain a ball or two now and then so just play however you feel is fun, playin the modes is pretty fun for me usually and max the X and just lots of blasts inbetween.
The real challenge of the table for me becomes keeping track of the score. After 9.99B it rolls over on the DMD but you'r actual score rolls over at 999B. I winged it and overscored by 290B. So that's good to keep in mind once you feel you can go infinite.

Although I bettered my score to 33B (and took that last pesky 125M Jackpot Wizard Goal down), I still find it very hard to be consistent on this table. I like to onetime ejects from the right flipper to the left loop and "Thing Flips" flipper. Aiming from a standstill situation is definitely more drain-risk for me. Even hitting the eject hole from the left is spotty at best. Well I still am on a good run here with TotW, maybe I fire Roadshow up for a last try this weekend.

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
Been playing this a lot, and figured out how to get a crap load of souvenirs. Pretty much any time the ball save is on, just drain. Right when Ted's mouth opens for multiball. And you can get 2 at the beginning of every ball as long as it doesn't start a city

It's a lot easier for me to hit that skill shot every time on iOS. I've never been that good at skill shots on the PS3. And if it goes a little too far, I do a nudge left when it gets back down to the hole

Last edited:

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013
Although I bettered my score to 33B (and took that last pesky 125M Jackpot Wizard Goal down), I still find it very hard to be consistent on this table. I like to onetime ejects from the right flipper to the left loop and "Thing Flips" flipper. Aiming from a standstill situation is definitely more drain-risk for me. Even hitting the eject hole from the left is spotty at best. Well I still am on a good run here with TotW, maybe I fire Roadshow up for a last try this weekend.

That's cool, great thing about this table is you can do what you want, as long as you pick up those extra balls during wizard mode and you will go infinite. Well as long as you don't drain three balls inbetween wizard modes. During wizard mode (last city: seattle, SF or LA) one ball on right flipper, one ball on mini loop flipper. Shoot with mini flipper at blast hole, shoot from righy flipper to left mini loop, hold ball with left mini flipper, when the other ball gets kicked out trap on right flipper by nudging table to the right while ball is rolling down to right flipper, it will safely get trapped on right flipper. Shoot the ball you are holding on left mini flipper into the blast hole, shoot the ball from right flipper to the mini loop then trap the ball holding left mini flipper, catch kickout ball on right again by nudging to the side while ball is approaching right flipper. Do this over and over. You will gt the wheel award every time you shoot the blast hole and a city score every time you shoot the mini loop. Every 12:th blast hole lights an extra ball. Just make sure you don't have 4 extra balls as extra balls won't light if you have that many. So how you play modes and stuff doesn't really matter as long as you don't drain more times than you have extra balls!

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
You know you don't have to nudge to get a trap in the right flipper right? Hold the right flipper while waiting for the kick out. Just tap the right flipper with good timing, and it'll stay. It's worth practicing.

neglectoid

Sep 27, 2012
That's cool, great thing about this table is you can do what you want, as long as you pick up those extra balls during wizard mode and you will go infinite. Well as long as you don't drain three balls inbetween wizard modes. During wizard mode (last city: seattle, SF or LA) one ball on right flipper, one ball on mini loop flipper. Shoot with mini flipper at blast hole, shoot from righy flipper to left mini loop, hold ball with left mini flipper, when the other ball gets kicked out trap on right flipper by nudging table to the right while ball is rolling down to right flipper, it will safely get trapped on right flipper. Shoot the ball you are holding on left mini flipper into the blast hole, shoot the ball from right flipper to the mini loop then trap the ball holding left mini flipper, catch kickout ball on right again by nudging to the side while ball is approaching right flipper. Do this over and over. You will gt the wheel award every time you shoot the blast hole and a city score every time you shoot the mini loop. Every 12:th blast hole lights an extra ball. Just make sure you don't have 4 extra balls as extra balls won't light if you have that many. So how you play modes and stuff doesn't really matter as long as you don't drain more times than you have extra balls!

switty make a video. I own this table and have only played it 3 or 4 times. I didnt really feel much love for it. you (and others) are making it sound fun.

plus I love watching u play bro, you're the post-pass master, especially during multuball.

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
You know you don't have to nudge to get a trap in the right flipper right? Hold the right flipper while waiting for the kick out. Just tap the right flipper with good timing, and it'll stay. It's worth practicing.

You know there's an even easier way? Just catch on the left and post pass to the right. A post pass is fast enough that you won't drop a ball pinned by the mini-flipper.

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013
Yeah I do the catching and post passing but I would argue that the nudging way is the easiest and safest in the long run. But sure, in my earlier post I said to find the system that works for you.
I did play some roadshow the other day, it was more of a messing around game with a lot of stretegical decisions I wouldn't recommend normally, like shooting blast zone during minneapolis, he he :) But there's a multiball where I play the way I'm describing, at about 01:17:30.
https://www.twitch.tv/switch3tv/v/54998324

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.