Table of the Week Club...week 7: CREATURE FROM THE BLACK LAGOON!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johni3w6

Oct 31, 2012
Hard table for me, my all time hs is 700m+.
Have to remember to myself to be careful hitting the snack bar, because if hit wrong it's an instant drain down the middle.
Might take some more time and play it more frequent.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Hard table for me, my all time hs is 700m+.
Have to remember to myself to be careful hitting the snack bar, because if hit wrong it's an instant drain down the middle.
Might take some more time and play it more frequent.

The safest and easiest way to hit the Snack Bar is from a trap on the right flipper. You can get a 100% safe trap by putting the ball up Move Your Car and into the bumpers. Move Your Car is an easy shot from either flipper, either trapped or moving.

The only time you should be going for a running shot at the Snack Bar from either flipper is during the Multiball re-start countdown. Since the timer doesn't reset when the ball is in the bumpers, putting the ball in there is asking for it to time out before you even get a sniff of the ball.

Johni3w6

Oct 31, 2012
The safest and easiest way to hit the Snack Bar is from a trap on the right flipper. You can get a 100% safe trap by putting the ball up Move Your Car and into the bumpers. Move Your Car is an easy shot from either flipper, either trapped or moving.

The only time you should be going for a running shot at the Snack Bar from either flipper is during the Multiball re-start countdown. Since the timer doesn't reset when the ball is in the bumpers, putting the ball in there is asking for it to time out before you even get a sniff of the ball.

Thanks for the advice EoS.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
theres only three real viable options

limited yourself to 9.999, tweak the score slowley over the roll over, or suck it up,

in the end you can take a screenie of the cut off score tho

ive missed out on many roll overs but yeh

not much can be done in this case

my advise is get as close as possible then unlimited millions over the last hurdle....anything over 50-200 million it tends not to count

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
As far as I know - you're safe going from 9,xxx,xxx,xxx to 0,xxx,xxx,xxx. Anything else and the rollover isn't counted. It just feels very, very, wrong having to intentionally end a multiball because you know the next jackpot/super jackpot is going to screw you over by rolling the score.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
As far as I know - you're safe going from 9,xxx,xxx,xxx to 0,xxx,xxx,xxx. Anything else and the rollover isn't counted. It just feels very, very, wrong having to intentionally end a multiball because you know the next jackpot/super jackpot is going to screw you over by rolling the score.

I was speaking with Farsight earlier on the issue -- the rollover counts from 8 billion to 2 billion. We'll test further to see if going from 7 billion to 5 billion works without raising any further issues. (Or should we try 5.5 to 5?)

workshed

Feb 26, 2015
I'm a bit confused. My 13.6 billion registered as 3.6 bills and I understand there is a rollover bug. Is this a ROM bug or a FS bug?

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
As i understand it the code farsight use to track rollovers sometimes misses huge bumps in score so its safer to make the roll over as minimal as possible.

masterthes

Apr 12, 2014
Still didn't get the goal. I was almost there, found the creature but couldn't make that final step. Did manage to jump my high score up to 400k though (which is small change compared to you guys)

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Here's how I approach multiball. It may help. It may not.

tl;dr: Keep a ball trapped on the left flipper almost all the time. The only time you want to use the left flipper is to search for the girl on the Slide.

1. Always start multiball by locking the ball in the KISS lane, not in the Slide.
2. Plunge the second ball at full strength. Hold the left flipper and the ball will almost always end up caught there. It will bounce very high, but it will eventually rest. Keep that ball cradled.
3. The ball coming from the VUK to the right flipper, put it in the jets via Move Your Car or up the left ramp.
4. When the ball comes back to the right flipper, shoot KISS. If the girl's there, great, move on to step 7.
5. Next shoot Move Your Car, and when the ball comes back down catch it on the right flipper. Then shoot the Snack Bar. If the girl's there, great, move on to step 7.
6. The tricky bit. The girl's in the Slide. First get both balls trapped, one on the left, on on the right. Then shoot the Slide with the ball on the left. Hold up the left flipper and hope for a catch from the Slide. It's not 100%, unlike a full plunge. Time a nudge right to bump up the odds, but sometimes the ball will bounce up and down the left outlane.
7. You've found the girl! Get a ball trapped on the right flipper, shoot the Snack Bar, and rescue her!
8. Now you've rescued the girl, work on the multiplier. Recommended is to go to 2x on the first multiball of a ball, then 3x on the next, then 4x on the third. That maximizes your multiplier usage. If you go straight to 4x on the first multiball of a ball, you won't be able to go past 1x on subsequent multiballs.
9. With the multiplier bumped to your desired level, get a ball cradled on the right flipper (remember: Move Your Car gives you an easy catch on the right flipper when the ball comes back from the jets). Shoot the Snack Bar for the Jackpot.
10. Keep working on Move Your Car to feed the jets until Super Jackpot is lit.
11. Catch on right from the jets, shoot the Snack Bar, collect Super Jackpot.
12. Repeat from Step 4., ignoring step 8. If it looks like the next Jackpot or Super Jackpot will cause a rollover bug (displayed score < 9B, current Jackpot/Super Jackpot will cause score to go >10B), quit multiball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.