Table Pack #16 Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
A while ago when Big Shot or Central Park came out, some were complaining about having to pay five dollars to buy both tables instead of being able to purchase them separately. Another person said that one way to look at it was, if you don't like one of the tables, you paid five dollars for the other with the one you don't care for as a bonus.

I'd like to add another point of view. Would I stuff that much money into the real deal? Meaning would I pump $2.50 or $5.00 into a real version of said machine? With most tables in TPA it's an easy, resounding "yes." My opinion on the probable tables in this pack:

Goin' Nuts - 50 cents to say I played it.
Flight 2000 - I've played it. Assuming that if I saw one it would be in a location with other pins, I'm afraid I wouldn't put any more than 50 cents to a dollar in it.

Bottom line is the numbers don't add up. I'm glad we're getting Flight 2000 as a representation of early Sterns but I just wished they paired it with something that, to me, is nothing more than a novelty.

canuck

Nov 28, 2012
Well, I probably won't be buying the next pack if those are the tables. I'll try'em out in the demo then wait for the next pack. Good that we have a choice. ;)

inspector42

May 27, 2012
I completely get why a lot of people aren't excited for this one, however it looks like Goin' Nuts is a very rare table with a very unique ruleset. If I'm reading it correctly, you start in multiball, and whenever you're in multiball you are fine. A timer starts counting down when you're not multiball, and you have to hit a target near the top to relaunch a ball and stop the timer. You can also add time back to the timer by making shots. Game over when timer hits zero.

With only ten of them made, and a completely different pinball experience, isn't this exactly the kind of table Farsight should be making? Seems to line up with their mission statement of preservation perfectly.

Rudy

Sep 13, 2012
Who knows, maybe someone who was once high up in Gottlieb let Farsight use their version of the table to preserve it, normally you wouldn't expect the table to be brought to TPA but under such circumstances you could understand why Farsight would jump at the opportunity with both feet.

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
I would guess there won't be a pro mode with these tables since adjustments are all number based and, unless you have the book, it would be a joke.

I guess FS could simplify the settings but that kinda takes away the point of an operator mode.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
just seen the clue and F2k and goin nuts makes sense also F2k is a new machine they have to get and GN is a rehash they have on file. Sounds like a weak pack.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
I have the Gottlieb HOF collection and did not particularly love Goin Nuts. Had lots of good stuff going for it but not the strongest gameplay. I might just wait for the X360 pack before I purchase it (just like I did with Taxi/Harley Davidson which I won't purchase except for what I intend to use as my main console). maybe I might need to start from scratch on a PS4 and get it on that instead.

grashopper

Sep 14, 2012
just seen the clue and F2k and goin nuts makes sense also F2k is a new machine they have to get and GN is a rehash they have on file. Sounds like a weak pack.

Probably should have swapped Whirlwind and Goin' Nuts.

Champ Pub and Goin' Nuts
Whirlwind and Flight 2000

Think that would have made better well rounded packs

MontanaFrank

Dec 19, 2012
Sounds good to me. More older tables please!

Yep, I want more older tables too. Last week when I went to the C-Bar, 1/2 the tables were dmd and 1/2 we alpha numeric. I know for sure that A/N are my favorite tables. :p

Last months pack is so much fun.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
Probably should have swapped Whirlwind and Goin' Nuts.

Champ Pub and Goin' Nuts
Whirlwind and Flight 2000

Think that would have made better well rounded packs

That would have been perfect. Whirlwind certainly could have carried a table and there was no reason to pair it with a more modern table that is seemingly more appealing to the masses.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
alphanumerics old...I thought score reels and lights behind numbers on the backglass were old thanks frank now I feel old :p

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
How much space does TPA use on Android? I just checked my iPad and it's only 582MB (I have all 32 tables downloaded). I have quite a few games/apps that are 1.0-1.5GB so I thought this was a lot smaller.
The current build is 558 MB, but my total HD space is only 1.75 GB. My SD card has 15 GB on it, and a whopping 80 MB of it is being used.

BigWeather

Jul 1, 2013
Really excited to see older tables, I enjoy them far more than the DMDs. Matches my preference for videogames too -- late 1970s to mid 1980s.

sotie

Aug 30, 2012
The current build is 558 MB, but my total HD space is only 1.75 GB. My SD card has 15 GB on it, and a whopping 80 MB of it is being used.

Oh, I didn't know there were tablets with less than 8GB hard drive. Tough decision to have to decide between table packs. If it were me I'd just delete a different game.

k88dad

Nov 9, 2012
can't wait for the inevitable crow-eating thread when the doubters actually play flight 2k

Keep dreaming. Classic Sterns rock, but Flight 2000 is just another ho-hum layout which happens to have a unique multiball delivery system. I eventually buy all of the table packs, but this one won't be on the rush list.

ER777

Sep 8, 2012
I would expect this w/ better lighting and minus glass reflections. Not one of the better tables on that collection either.
<deleted video>

I'm surprised to hear you say that. I picked up Gottlieb Pinball Classics from the UK PSN Store recently and Goin' Nuts has been one of the most entertaining tables in the game, mostly because of the uniqueness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts