Table Pack #19 Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
Im thinking class of 1812, Getaway and scared stiff as the table of the month

I wish you were roght about the getaway but Elvira mentiones a checkpoint which is clearly intentional and neither Elvira or the getaway ever mwntion checkpoints.

So season 1 was Mostly Williams/Bally, Season 2 is cranking out the Gottliebs, will Season 3 attack the Stern, Sega and Data east cravings?

As long as we get away with the getaway I'm fine with that.

Man, two more Gottliebs? And one of them's Victory? Likin' it.

But I'm pretty sure the Williams/Bally diehards might get a little mad with two Gottlieb packs in a row.

People here getting mad? Pfft yeah like that would ever happen.

you dont understand anything in pinball either music (this table has arrangement of classic composition btw). pls buy some stern's Ironman or Metallica and leave us - "old farts" alone.

You jave no idea how kuch typong you just saved me from...cheers.

My guess is it's going to be No Fear, Fish Tales, and Diner 3 pack.

Elvira likes to dine. We know this from her tables (BBQ Bonus). There's a picture of a car, mentioning laps so that's clearly a reference to fishing. And since she's driving a car with no hands, that's where "No Fear" comes into play. I do think Party Zone will be an unlockable in this pack though.

Well played sir.

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
In all seriousness we may as well congratulate those who guessed October (there were a few saying 1812 and I was like no way... But they were right!) and get started on pack 20 guesswork.

My guess for November: Ace High and Rollercoaster Tycoon.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Actually kind of nice to see them putting out a lot more Gottliebs. Before it felt a lot like The Williams and Bally Pinball Arcade (also featuring Gottlieb and Stern). But now Gottlieb will have almost as much presence. Once they sort out all the Data East/SEGA stuff, maybe we'll see more Stern presence too. Data East did release some unlicensed pins in their early days, though I'm not sure if they're thought to be any good. And with the "early-modern" Sterns there are a lot of cheaper licenses.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
Definitely Class of 1812 and I'll guess Victory since it's one of the last few they have to re-release.

1812 looks interesting, but I wish they would give us a break on the horror/macabre tables. we NEED a fun animated or music based theme ASAP.

Cartoon tables:
The Simpsons (original Data East or Pinball Party.. or BOTH)
South Park
Family Guy
Flintstones

Music based:
Tommy
KISS
Guns 'N Roses
Metallica...etc (yeah I know it won't happen)

Rudy Yagov

Mar 30, 2012
Music based:
Tommy
KISS
Guns 'N Roses
Metallica...etc (yeah I know it won't happen)

Bobby King said that Metallica is actually one of the easier ones to license, and Tommy is more likely than the others due to being based on the musical.

GNR won't happen. Ever.

karl

May 10, 2012
I am starting to wonder if they are running out of Williams/Bally machines that they are allowed to do under the currant license agreement. There was a set number of machines they were allowed to do before the license deal ends but that is still one year from now isn't it? (a 3 year deal) Only a wild speculation and of course I hope that I am wrong :)

They will probably re-new the deal anyway but it is something to think about. No complaints about Victory/1812 from me though. Never played any of them before and that is actually more exiting to me than something I know inside-out

PS! They have had Victory up at Big Bear Lake for a whole year now. Took them long enough to get to it :D

Pete

Jul 16, 2012
Guns n Roses can happen... they just need to rerecord all the guitar parts with Bucket Head, then tour it for a little while to get the feel, cancel a bunch of shows because axel goes back on the dope again and is a diva, then buckethead will have to quit again like last time, then they will get a really terrible guitarist to do a hack job on the re-re-recording with lots of cheating multi tracks so it sounds like he can almost play the guitar, and then obviously it will all be a failure and guns and roses will break up again, again.

4P47HY

Apr 20, 2013
Search thread > "Corvette" - no matches.
Not a pinball history savvy person here, why is this table is not a subject of speculation? :rolleyes:

N

netizen

04406c870c9348e0070ad64e56a83011

Any ideas??......sadly its not BSD :-(. Appears to be what looks like a werewolf in the backseat??

EDIT....the birds from Class of 1812!!!!

Heres the Backglass of 1812, you can see the monster and lady in red.....

izJFpZheQLHfM.png

Never played it, but looks an interesting table from the Youtube videos!!

Not a pinball history savvy person here, why is this table is not a subject of speculation? :rolleyes:

Maybe because we read the thread and the clue given?

Nightwing

Aug 1, 2012
I would be pretty surprised if that were the case–do you really think they went to the trouble of emulating Gottlieb's MPUs just for the sake of 4 new tables and proper emulation of BH and Genie? At the very least, we can probably count on at least 1 or 2 more tables per Gottlieb MPU (Gottlieb's MPUs were System 1, System 80, System 80A, System 80B and System 3); I would say that Joker Poker & Sinbad for System 1, Mars God of War & Volcano for System 80, Devil's Dare & Spirit for System 80A, Bone Busters Inc. and TX-Sector for System 80B, and Cactus Jack's & Cue Ball Wizard are reasonably safe bets for future inclusion (I would have said Stargate in lieu of Cue Ball Wizard, but it seems that that would have to be a Kickstarter).

Of course I can't find where I read it now,but it was either here in this forum or of TPA's FB page that someone from FS (IIRC) specifically mentioned that Haunted House & Black Hole use the same CPU system. I take that to mean that BH will be updated with ROM emulation sooner rather than later. That also means I agree with the above quote,though there will still be more Bally/WMS tables coming.

ER777

Sep 8, 2012

So you come in with no context do a search for one title and then proclaim everyone one else has no pinball history savvy? I hope that eyeroll was at yourself, because that was a completely ignorant post. You might want to take a time out to catch up on the recent history in these forums before posting something like that again.

In case you missed it being said three times in the last couple pages this is the answer:

So its Victory and Class of 1812 then!
Class of 1812 and Victory! YES!!!
I'd agree using re-release/new it'll be Victory & 1812..

4P47HY

Apr 20, 2013
So you come in with no context do a search for one title and then proclaim everyone one else has no pinball history savvy? I hope that eyeroll was at yourself, because that was a completely ignorant post. You might want to take a time out to catch up on the recent history in these forums before posting something like that again.
I really didn't mean it this way. I am sorry.

Ark Malmeida

Apr 3, 2012
Seems to me as if he was saying HE'S not a pinball savvy person. Looks to me like just an innocent question as to why Corvette hasn't been suggested as a possibility.

jbejarano

Jul 6, 2012
Man, two more Gottliebs? And one of them's Victory? Likin' it.

But I'm pretty sure the Williams/Bally diehards might get a little mad with two Gottlieb packs in a row.

As a Williams/Bally (esp. Williams) diehard, yeah, I gotta say I'm getting a little through with all the Gottlieb SS machines. If you want to add a ton of Gottlieb, go with their old EM machines. That's when Gottlieb really had the best tables. Of course, I'm still enjoying new tables whatever they are. And Class of 1812 looks pretty good. (I don't remember thinking much of Victory from Gottlieb's PHOF collection.) I'm still waiting for High Speed, Black Knight 2000, F-14 Tomcat, High Speed II: The Getaway, Red & Ted's Roadshow, and Earthshaker.

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012
Actually kind of nice to see them putting out a lot more Gottliebs. Before it felt a lot like The Williams and Bally Pinball Arcade (also featuring Gottlieb and Stern). But now Gottlieb will have almost as much presence. Once they sort out all the Data East/SEGA stuff, maybe we'll see more Stern presence too. Data East did release some unlicensed pins in their early days, though I'm not sure if they're thought to be any good. And with the "early-modern" Sterns there are a lot of cheaper licenses.

Im guessing we wont see any STERN tables until end of 2014 or 2015

I am starting to wonder if they are running out of Williams/Bally machines that they are allowed to do under the currant license agreement. There was a set number of machines they were allowed to do before the license deal ends but that is still one year from now isn't it? (a 3 year deal) Only a wild speculation and of course I hope that I am wrong :)

Have FS actual ever said this?, i dont remember reading anything about only having the Williams/Bally license for just 3 years? What happens after the 3 years if they dont renew it, will all the Williams/Bally tables get taken off TPA??

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts