Table Pack #20 speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mechanix77

Banned
Aug 31, 2013
Wow, Mechanix, how did you get so many dalmations? (Get it? 101 posts?)

Yo dawg, so I heard you like pool... so in Cue Ball Wizard, we put a pool ball IN YO pool ball... so you can shoot the side pocket while you shoot the side pocket. :)

What on earth are you going on about? lol

Mechanix77

Banned
Aug 31, 2013
Really the only similarity is a side bank of drop targets, but BS has two, and they're much further up the table, and you don't shoot them with a side flipper--and in that regard EBD has much more in common with the plethora of other tables with a single side bank of drop targets. BS and EBD play very, very differently. If you're curious, there's an excellent version of EBD in Visual Pinball that is well worth checking out if you have a PC that can run it.

I do, but I'm 5 days away from moving into a new house, so the computer is all packed up.

I'll have to check it out when I get all settled in.

LanceBoyle

Jul 5, 2013
If you're curious, there's an excellent version of EBD in Visual Pinball that is well worth checking out if you have a PC that can run it.

Similarly, I wonder how the PC version from '93 fared. Still can't believe it was developed by a Japanese company (LittleWing)

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Why? What's so difficult about emulating a 14 year old computer program that was probably already aged when it was released. The system that controls Pinball 2000 is about as simple as a powerpoint presentation, I doubt it would be any harder than a WPC game. FS said they don't want to do Pinball 2000 just yet though.

Not just emulatiing the ROM, but pulling off looking through the screen as well. Hence the "holographic" display.

David Pannozzo

Mar 6, 2012
Sorry Sumez, I still want either Cue Ball Wizard, or Sharkey's Shootout. Once all the Gottlieb collection packs end, which I think theirs one more after this and then Sorcerer. Then they can pack Eight Ball Deluxe with maybe Fishtales, I don't want to early 80's games packed together, like they did with Flight 2000 and Goin' Nuts sorry. I like Pinball machines from 1986 and up to wizard of Oz.

Mechanix77

Banned
Aug 31, 2013
Sorry Sumez, I still want either Cue Ball Wizard, or Sharkey's Shootout. Once all the Gottlieb collection packs end, which I think theirs one more after this and then Sorcerer. Then they can pack Eight Ball Deluxe with maybe Fishtales, I don't want to early 80's games packed together, like they did with Flight 2000 and Goin' Nuts sorry. I like Pinball machines from 1986 and up to wizard of Oz.

+1

Sumez

Nov 19, 2012
Cue Ball Wizard does look nice, but knowing how well early 80's Ballys always play (EBD seems a lot similar to the previously mentioned Playboy table that I like a lot), and how boring most newer Gottliebs (Premier) tend to be, I'm having my doubts. Either way, both should have their chance.

norbert26

Apr 21, 2013
Quote Originally Posted by smbhax View Post
If you're curious, there's an excellent version of EBD in Visual Pinball that is well worth checking out if you have a PC that can run it.
i'm trying to find out where to get this from. and if it will run on windows 8.1 . and without downloading a virus .

Deepest blue

Jul 14, 2012
This will make you want to play EBD:

I'm so surprised this hasn't been included yet, it's a classic and back in the day I saw it in almost every arcade I went into, it's my favourite pinball of all time, it would be simply amazing if this was included this time around but I just have a feeling it's never going to happen. The sad thing is that I would buy the pro version of this table on every single device I own lol !!!

Sumez

Nov 19, 2012
Oh course it's gonna happen, FS has already confirmed it, and it's license free so there's no stopping them. We'll probably get it before most of the DMD's people are missing, too, as they seem to be holding most of those back.

norbert26

Apr 21, 2013
I'm so surprised this hasn't been included yet, it's a classic and back in the day I saw it in almost every arcade I went into, it's my favourite pinball of all time, it would be simply amazing if this was included this time around but I just have a feeling it's never going to happen. The sad thing is that I would buy the pro version of this table on every single device I own lol !!!
there will most likely NOT be a pro version of this. Like centaur it used DIP switches which is hard to do on a pro version. the best maybe you would get is something like flight 2000 but on centaur they did not even bother with a pro version. this is in the same era as centaur.

Rudy

Sep 13, 2012
If it's Eight Ball Deluxe then that pretty much confirms that we'll be having the SS version of El Dorado, otherwise which would be the 'pro' table of the month?

Deepest blue

Jul 14, 2012
Just give me all of them. Give me all of the tables. I will buy them.

Lol! I've already bought every single one to date, some 2 or 3 times over! They're that good they deserve to be bought on every device :D

But don't you hate it when there's tables that you've played as a kid that you loved and have no idea what it was called or even how to describe it, it was that long ago unfortunately. I just know they weren't made by Bally - that narrows it down a bit then...not !

Mechanix77

Banned
Aug 31, 2013
I hope we get the better version of "El Dorado". I'd be pretty disappointed if it were the original and EBD.

Like I said, I'm still betting it's CBW. When do they officially announce it, Nov. 1st?

Rudy Yagov

Mar 30, 2012
I hope we get the better version of "El Dorado". I'd be pretty disappointed if it were the original and EBD.

Like I said, I'm still betting it's CBW. When do they officially announce it, Nov. 1st?

If it's EBD, will you paypal everyone 5 bucks? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts