Table Pack #27 speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
I really don't see how we could get a season like the first again. They're only so many non-licensed A titles. List ten games that are not licensed which could compete with the first season. I couldn't. Sure, we all have are niche faves like Fathom, SoF and the tons of EMs that will never happen but it won't have the mass appeal of the first season.

I'm just glad they're doing a fourth season. I thought FarSight would have moved on after this one.

Last edited:

karl

May 10, 2012
Well put, dtown. Agree with everything you said.

Also, I have no problem with getting one Premier table each season, nor should anybody else. At least I get to try a table I have never played before and to me that is always nice, even when it's a premier ;)

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
Without premium licensed tables, no, we will never get another season 1.

I'd surely take "Bram Stoker's Dracula" over "Twilight Zone" and "Star Trek: The Next Generation". (If we do indeed get BSD this season.)

Also, I have no problem with getting one Premier table each season, nor should anybody else. At least I get to try a table I have never played before and to me that is always nice, even when it's a premier ;)

Pretty much.

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
I'd surely take "Bram Stoker's Dracula" over "Twilight Zone" and "Star Trek: The Next Generation". (If we do indeed get BSD this season.)

Pretty much.

The overall level of tables was too high in season 1. So many iconic tables...

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012
Wow, if Dracula was the last table in season 3, that would be amazing.

I am really hopeful now after reading that.

I dont think it will make Season 3, but probably table 1 or 2 of season 4 as that falls inline with Halloween time

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
I agree, there were a lot of tables, but I think this Season has come pretty close to being just as good.

I agree. BK2K and High Speed are must owns for me, and I really love Black Rose. The quality of each table has been excellent as well.

francis247uk

Jul 7, 2012
6 excellent tables so far this season - LCA is the only one I haven't cared for, maybe my opinion will change after playing it? I wonder how many people have already written it off without even giving it a try.

Makes me think that maybe TPA could run for many more seasons yet if they are still turning a profit without bringing out big hits each month which is encouraging

Last edited:

p6800

May 17, 2013
How amazing would it be to have two or three tables/month?

One new and one or two rereleases. New textures, fix the strange tint and hue on many tables, update the floaty physics, kill bugs etc.

I'm glad that dreaming costs nothing!

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
Hoo boy. Confirmed for myself what the next 3 tables are. Except for Diner it's looking more like S2 all over again - getting all the crap out at the tail end of the season. Cue the season pack refund requests!

I disagree.

Aside from LCA it's been a terrific season so far. The rumored Stern is a good one, one mediocre table is not going to ruin the season, and if Dracula is the last of Season 3 id call that a stellar season, far surpassing season 2, even with only half the tables.

Farsight packed season 1 with as many of the best tables they could. Only an absolutely packed season 4 with two-table packs, Addams Family, Road Show, Jack*Bot, The Getaway could possibly surpass it.

Last edited:

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
How amazing would it be to have two or three tables/month?

One new and one or two rereleases. New textures, fix the strange tint and hue on many tables, update the floaty physics, kill bugs etc.

I'm glad that dreaming costs nothing!

I suggest bundling an EM with every table next season.

That allows them to get Sorcerer and Ace High out, and adds value. The single-table strategy has hurt them. Sales of season 3 are half of season 2 on average, and with IMO a better selection of tables.

EMs are still work but I don't think as much as a DMD or SS game. I could be wrong though.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
That allows them to get Sorcerer and Ace High out, and adds value. The single-table strategy has hurt them. Sales of season 3 are half of season 2 on average, and with IMO a better selection of tables.

Mark, you do this all the time. If you are actually going to be so bold as to make a statement about sales, post the source of this info. If you cannot do this, please refrain from constantly making such statements.

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
I suggest bundling an EM with every table next season.

EMs are still work but I don't think as much as a DMD or SS game. I could be wrong though.

It's like some people just choose to ignore facts. lol

First off, for the millionth time, Farsight has repeatedly said that EMs have not sold well, aren't very popular, and aren't very requested. (Their words, not mine)

So, I'm not sure why you continue on with this pointless crusade? For the record, I wouldn't mind 1 EM a season, just to keep everyone happy, but if the majority of Farsight's customers DON'T WANT EMs (Saying so by not buying the packs that had them, and by rarely requesting them), why on earth would they shoot themselves in the foot by adding an EM to every table next season? That doesn't even make sense! (Well, unless you want to turn customers off and hurt sales.)

As for sales this year, nobody knows the numbers besides the company. Anyone who says otherwise is full of it. I know sales this year cannot be as bad as you claim, because they've repeatedly talked about plans for next season both on the Twitch Feeds and on FB. Also, didn't they say last year that as long as we keep supporting them, they'd keep putting out more great tables? Well, I guess they're getting the support they need financially.

Do I think 1 table a month turned people off and away? Yes.

Do I think including all the great tables that they've included this Season brought them back? Yes. :D

Mark, you do this all the time. If you are actually going to be so bold as to make a statement about sales, post the source of this info. If you cannot do this, please refrain from constantly making such statements.

No kidding.

Last edited:

tjsynkral

Mar 3, 2013
You guys...
Sorcerer is not an EM. It is a fantastic SS machine with voice chip.
I don't know why FS has not rereleased it. It's definitely better than BK or FP.

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
You guys...
Sorcerer is not an EM. It is a fantastic SS machine with voice chip.
I don't know why FS has not rereleased it. It's definitely better than BK or FP.

I was referring to the mentioning of "They should include an EM with every table next season".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Members online