Table Pack #32 Speculation

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
Since the first table of Season 4 is pretty much a given, we might as well get the ball rolling early on this one.

I'm going to take a wild swing here, but with the long awaited inclusion of Data East, I'm going to say that Sega is the next big surprise. Now, with all the talk of Sony, I figured what table would be a minor, cheap license? I noticed someone posted a list a few days ago in a Sony discussion:

- Krull
- Starship Troopers
- Last Action Hero
- Godzilla
- Goldeneye
- Mary Shelley ' s Frankenstein
- Johnny Mnemonic
- Spiderman

I know that "Krull" isn't popular or requested enough, "Last Action Hero", "Godzilla", "007 Goldeneye", and "Spider-Man" seem like they would need Kickstarters. So, that's leaves "Johnny Mnemonic", "Mary Shelley's Frankenstein", & "Starship Troopers".

I was going to say "Johnny Mnemonic", but I have a feeling that having Keanu Reeves all over the table and DMD would be an issue. I also don't think "Mary Shelley's Frankenstein" is feasible, seeing how huge that DMD is, though I could be wrong. So, that leaves "Starship Troopers".

I'm sure how popular it is around here, as I rarely see requests for it on the FB page, but I have a feeling that they're going to hit us with a curveball. (Just like they're doing with POTO)

What say you?

http://ipdb.org/search.pl?any=starship+troopers&search=Search+Database&searchtype=quick

Rudy

Sep 13, 2012
I'm going to guess something like Bad Cats or Fireball Classic.

IF MSF is the next table then I doubt they'd launch another big name right off the bat.

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014

IF MSF is the next table then I doubt they'd launch another big name right off the bat.

They've said, quite a few times, that "Bad Cats" and "Fireball" weren't on their radar....and the first table of Season 4 isn't MSF, it's POTO.

Rudy

Sep 13, 2012
I meant POTO, I'm terrible at remembering names these days D:

And I have no idea why Fireball wouldn't be on their radar, it was one of the best selling pins of all time.

ZenTron

Jul 21, 2013
I think best selling pin is just one of the many factors they take into consideration before selecting a pin to digitize. For example there has been a lot more requests for pins like F-14, High Speed 2, Road Show, Earthshaker, Safe Cracker, Xenon, The Party Zone & Eight Ball Deluxe.

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
And I have no idea why Fireball wouldn't be on their radar, it was one of the best selling pins of all time.

Because it rarely gets requested, besides from a few people around here. If I remember right, I asked Farsight on FB, and they said it wasn't on their radar. I'll ask again and see what they say.

soundwave106

Nov 6, 2013

Regarding Fireball, if they are going to go for an older table, I suspect it will first be either Paragon or (especially) Xenon.
Regarding late 80s Bally/WMS tables, I think Cyclone is the one that seems to get most requested and stands a good shot of being in Season 4.

Last edited:

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Because it rarely gets requested, besides from a few people around here. If I remember right, I asked Farsight on FB, and they said it wasn't on their radar. I'll ask again and see what they say.

That's a shame. Especially considering the original poll of Centaur v. Eight Ball Deluxe v. Fireball asked "which one should FarSight release first", thus hinting the others would be made eventually. Did Centaur sales not do well enough to make them reconsider?

Dedpop

Jun 3, 2014
That's a shame. Especially considering the original poll of Centaur v. Eight Ball Deluxe v. Fireball asked "which one should FarSight release first", thus hinting the others would be made eventually. Did Centaur sales not do well enough to make them reconsider?

Surely.
But I think Eight Ball Deluxe should be in TPA.
I think it's the 2nd best seller of all time.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
EBD sure belongs in TPA more than El Dorado. At least, the version of El Dorado we got.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
The original Eight Ball sold 20,230 units. Eight Ball Deluxe and it's limited edition version were around half of that. Eight Ball and Eight Ball Deluxe are both classics. I love them.

I've requested Fireball a couple times on the FB page. They don't seemed interested based on the responses I received.

Last edited:

Dedpop

Jun 3, 2014
The original Eight Ball sold 20,230 units. Eight Ball Deluxe and it's limited edition version were around half of that. Eight Ball and Eight Ball Deluxe are both classics. I love them.

The Addams Family sold ONLY 50 more !
According to IPDB.

Last edited:

Nightwing

Aug 1, 2012
Since the first table of Season 4 is pretty much a given, we might as well get the ball rolling early on this one.

I'm going to take a wild swing here, but with the long awaited inclusion of Data East, I'm going to say that Sega is the next big surprise. Now, with all the talk of Sony, I figured what table would be a minor, cheap license? I noticed someone posted a list a few days ago in a Sony discussion:

- Krull
- Starship Troopers
- Last Action Hero
- Godzilla
- Goldeneye
- Mary Shelley ' s Frankenstein
- Johnny Mnemonic
- Spiderman

I know that "Krull" isn't popular or requested enough, "Last Action Hero", "Godzilla", "007 Goldeneye", and "Spider-Man" seem like they would need Kickstarters. So, that's leaves "Johnny Mnemonic", "Mary Shelley's Frankenstein", & "Starship Troopers".

I was going to say "Johnny Mnemonic", but I have a feeling that having Keanu Reeves all over the table and DMD would be an issue. I also don't think "Mary Shelley's Frankenstein" is feasible, seeing how huge that DMD is, though I could be wrong. So, that leaves "Starship Troopers".

I'm sure how popular it is around here, as I rarely see requests for it on the FB page, but I have a feeling that they're going to hit us with a curveball. (Just like they're doing with POTO)

What say you?

http://ipdb.org/search.pl?any=starship+troopers&search=Search+Database&searchtype=quick

The only way that Krull gets done is something akin to how Goin' Nuts was done,considering there is only 9 tables ever made. But I digress...

I don't think they'll use all of their Sony licenses in a row - they will be spread out. Plus there are still plenty of heavily requested non license tables that people want. I do think Starship Troopers is coming. Just not now.

No license for Table #32. My guess is Red & Ted's Road Show,with possibly Safecracker as a secondary option.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
I would've said R&T but there's already another Lawlor table coming in S4! But then, I thought it would be R&T to kick off S4, so what the heck. Red & Ted's Roadshow it is.

Members online

Members online