Table pack #37 speculation

dave950lam

Apr 20, 2012
It's possible you're reading too much into the spacing differences in both sets of cards, but if in fact that is an important 'clue', what other table(s) have that poker hand prominently displayed on it?

Pinballfan69

Mar 28, 2012
Hmm well I liked Pin*Bot and the layout is too much like that table. I know it's a different rule set Etc. A but disappointing but I will take what I can get for a new tables to play.

Rudy Yagov

Mar 30, 2012
Hmm well I liked Pin*Bot and the layout is too much like that table. I know it's a different rule set Etc. A but disappointing but I will take what I can get for a new tables to play.

It's not just "too much like" it, it's the exact same.

However, the game plays entirely different. You will instantly be able to tell the difference even in the first game you play.

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
Gameplay looks great. Pinbot is my shiot. Made in 86 (that's a great year). I know nothing about jackpot. Looks like a reskin, but I'm sure I'll like it. I've seen worse reskons. Ahem GB Ahem. Speaking of 86, can we get some Raven up in here? Scratch that. Bad idea. But who wouldn't want a Rambo ripoff with a female?

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
It's not just "too much like" it, it's the exact same.

However, the game plays entirely different. You will instantly be able to tell the difference even in the first game you play.

I just hope FarSight doesn't just hack their Pin*Bot build with new sounds and rom emulation, similar to what they did to Haunted (Ghostbusters)House.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
I just hope FarSight doesn't just hack their Pin*Bot build with new sounds and rom emulation, similar to what they did to Haunted (Ghostbusters)House.

That would probably be a more difficult job than you might expect. They'll make the table properly, I'm sure.

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
It would make sense, and wouldn't hurt the table, to reuse some geometry and models from Pinbot. Of course they'll scan new textures for all the artwork. But the skill shot spiral, visor, ramp, and pegboard playfield are all identical, why not reuse them? Or if they're not identical after all, I expect Farsight will figure that out and handle it properly.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
It would make sense, and wouldn't hurt the table, to reuse some geometry and models from Pinbot. Of course they'll scan new textures for all the artwork. But the skill shot spiral, visor, ramp, and pegboard playfield are all identical, why not reuse them? Or if they're not identical after all, I expect Farsight will figure that out and handle it properly.

To FarSight's credit. they have really improved the physics and ramp shots in seasons 3 and 4. Ramps are not quite the magnet they were in previous seasons. Outlanes however, have gotten worse with their apparent "vacuum attachments." (I'm looking at you BSD, PoTO, and SST)

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
To FarSight's credit. they have really improved the physics and ramp shots in seasons 3 and 4. Ramps are not quite the magnet they were in previous seasons. Outlanes however, have gotten worse with their apparent "vacuum attachments." (I'm looking at you BSD, PoTO, and SST)
Those three tables do have vacuum cleaners for outlanes IRL though. BSD in particular. People moan about the lightning flippers but most drains go to the outlanes...

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
Outlanes however, have gotten worse with their apparent "vacuum attachments." (I'm looking at you BSD, PoTO, and SST)

I'm not so sure. Earlier seasons had plenty of hungry outlanes too. Elvira, Dr Dude, Space Shuttle, Pinbot, Gorgar, 1812. I don't think anything has gotten worse in that department. It's just selective perception because people don't play those tables as much nowadays but do play the current season.

And anyway, we kind of need a bit of pain in the outlanes to make up for the fact that the center drain doesn't exist for anyone who can slap save.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts