Table Pack #61 Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaworu

Oct 17, 2016
as #60 is obviously going to be CJ, so let start speculate about last table of season
my word: Wipe Out

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
To wrap up Season 6 with a bang (or not), it had better be something good. With 3 Bally tables and the rest Gottliebs (minus Master of Time), I'm expecting a Williams. Aside from WMS ties with Bally, we haven't seen one since Hurricane.

I get all the hype around Williams and Bally tables, but come on, show the Gottlieb games some love. Even some of the Premier games are good, even though some of them have broken scoring or lack of features. Big Hurt, Gladiators, Al's Garage Band, and the EM tables are the highlights. I never played them before in my life, yet I enjoyed them.

Never played Cactus Jack's before, so I'm open to learning this game. (Cactus Jack's is #60, obviously)

This coming from a guy who grew up with Stern and Gottlieb games, real or digital.

Last edited:

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
It's not that we are williams fanboys, it's that premier games are incredibly formulaic, ever since stargate.

And stargate was also the best example of said formula.

Just lookin at the layouts, you'd think they were being incredibly creative. But when you actually play them you see otherwise.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Magic Castle

I assume you mean Mystery Castle (Alvin G., 1993), as opposed to Magic Castle (Zaccaria, 1984) which is, of course, already part of Zaccaria Pinball.

Somewhere recently on this forum I read that FS had come across a Mystery Castle (they're rare-ish, with a production run of only 500), but it was in too bad shape for them to purchase. Possibly their search continues.

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
Neither Gladiator nor Al's Garage Band will make it to my favourite tables or even be played on a regular basis. Centigrade 37 and Jacks Open are a completely different story, they are fine to play, when I'm looking for some EM's to play. Big Hurt is ok and I might be one of the few who don't hate Bone Busters.

I'm afraid this season will end with another Gottlieb. Which one? I don't care, tbh.

Kaibun

Sep 21, 2014
Can we just get Pinball Magic or Big Bang Bar already? Geez, just when I thought we were finally getting a Capcom this happens.

Black_Spade

Feb 12, 2016
Devil's Dare or Surf n' Safari. I think Cactus Jack's is a good choice for a Premier. Anyway of those two would be cool to end this Gottliebish season.

HotHamBoy

Aug 2, 2014
I assume you mean Mystery Castle (Alvin G., 1993), as opposed to Magic Castle (Zaccaria, 1984) which is, of course, already part of Zaccaria Pinball.

Somewhere recently on this forum I read that FS had come across a Mystery Castle (they're rare-ish, with a production run of only 500), but it was in too bad shape for them to purchase. Possibly their search continues.

I did, I didn't realize they were rare, though.

Everyone who keeps mentioning Bally/Williams tables must be real masochists. You guys are really setting yourselves up for disappointment time and time again.

Farsight isn't going invest money into TPA anymore, guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.