Table(s) of the Week Club

Ultimetalhead

Jun 13, 2012
This is an idea I've been wanting to pitch for a long time (pretty much ever since the game came out, honestly). Simply put, we're going to have ourselves a good old weekly "tournament" of sorts, except focusing on individual tables. It's kind of touch and go right now, because I'm still deciding how to run it effectively, but my tentative idea is to have everyone who wants to participate send me a PM with a screen capture of the score. The best way to do this is using puush or the Snipping Tool (comes with Windows 7, so you should be able to search it in Windows Explorer, no idea what to do on a mac I'm afraid). The friend leaderboards are wonderful and all, but syncing everyone up is going to be way more trouble than it's worth, and it would be way too easy to exploit I'll verify all the scores and put them up as they come in (so it could be as cool as a running scoreboard if I can get enough time throughout the day to check stuff out and post the scores here). Worst case scenario, I'd wait until the end of each day.

So, procedures are mainly to sign up here. I'll be choosing the first table, and the participators for each table will be randomly selected to pick tables. The cutoff time will be 12:00 PM EST one week from today, next Sunday (so 5:00 GMT. You can figure out what time you need to submit on your own). Also, make sure to post here first if you're participating so I have an idea of how many people I'll be dealing with.

Our first table will be...Attack From Mars. Feel free to post strategies, legendary games, terrible games, whatever you want. The idea for this club is to explore the vast quantities of pinball goodness we have. I know there's tables I gloss over from time to time just because I don't find them that interesting, but if there was a competition involved I'd definitely work with them and probably find that I love them. We may have to figure out a time where we do two less-intensive tables (because let's face it, a week on just Goin' Nuts would suck).

JPelter

Jun 11, 2012
This is a pretty good idea and I'm on board. I'd like clarification if a week from now is when the first week starts or is this coming week the AFM week?

Ultimetalhead

Jun 13, 2012
This week is AFM week. You can start sending scores whatever, or you can wait until noon today (about an hour and 20 minutes from now) to start playing if you want to be super official.

Ultimetalhead

Jun 13, 2012
Had a pretty awesome game on AFM today.
2xrUhAS.jpg

vpalmer

Aug 18, 2013
i hope you'll discover steam F12 and upload feature someday.
and this Player 1 screenshots from local highscore menu is strong proof.

Last edited:

Ultimetalhead

Jun 13, 2012
Yeah, finding reliable proof is still a bit tough. I was going to try and watermark the picture but anyone could do that. The beauty of it is you should be able to load up TPA, go to AFM and check friend scores/weekly to confirm.

Crazy Newt

Dec 2, 2012
The friend score listing is still behaving oddly. My score is 89 billion and some change for this week. I was in the top 10 for this week as Crazy Newt. I should be able to beat that before the weekend. If I don't, it will be fun trying. :)

JPelter

Jun 11, 2012
Sorry I seem to have missed the first week. I tried a few times but couldn't put together a score I was happy with so I didn't submit.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts