Request Tables i want to see in pinball arcade.

jeffpiatt

Jun 4, 2014
Here is an list of tables i would like to see added to pinball arcade
Baffle Ball (1931)
Humpty Dumpty (1947)
Knock Out (1950)
Slick Chick (1963)
Spirit Of 76 (1976)
The Atarians (1976) Atari pinball
Contact (1933) Harry Williams first table
Doctor Who
Hercules
Hyperball
Baby Pac-Man lic may be hard since Bally made the table while midway ha d the pac-man right from namco.
Jack*Bot
Orbitor 1
Star Trek (Bally)
Star Trek (Data East)
Star Trek (Stern)
Super Mario Bros.
Super Mario Bros. Mushroom World
Mr. & Mrs. Pac-Man Pinball
Q*Bert's Quest
Space Invaders
Transformers

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Afraid most of those are either too old for Farsight to consider or have a license attached to them.

jeffpiatt

Jun 4, 2014
Spirit of 76 was the table that reintroduced pinball to New York City in 1976. The silver ball had been banned in the Big Apple for over a quarter of a century. It's a pleasant (and ridiculously symmetrical) table.

A story on the court case to overturn the ban...

http://gizmodo.com/how-one-perfect-shot-saved-pinball-from-being-illegal-1154267979

Baffle Ball (1931)
Humpty Dumpty (1947)
Knock Out (1950)
Slick Chick (1963)
Spirit Of 76 (1976)

The first 5 tasble on my list were tables Microsoft ported as part of "Microsoft Pinball Arcade" where Mcrosoft ported 7 licensed Gottlieb table for each decade from the 1930's to the 1990's two tables from that game did make it in to The Pinball Arcade Haunted House (1982) and Cue Ball Wizard (1992) Baffle ball made pin gaming big for the first time and Humpty Dumpty was the first flipper pinball game

Zorgwon

Sep 14, 2013
Balls a Poppin was the first multiball. At the moment I don't see the special about Baffle Ball. What's the big difference to a bagatelle machine?

EDIT: Wikipedia says "Baffle Ball was the first commercially-successful game of its type"

4MBC is available for Visual Pinball 9 and I played it this week. I wouldn't recommend it for TPA, though because it focuses just too much on the skill shot. I also played Congo and there are many similarities.

Last edited:

soundwave106

Nov 6, 2013
Farsight also ported some historical tables for their Gottlieb Hall of Fame collection -- Ace High, Central Park, Playboy (a bagatelle bonus feature), and Big Shot. Only two of the four have made Pinball Arcade (back when they could throw a "bonus" table on their packs). Central Park has not been well received from what I can tell as an addition. I don't think anyone would pay for few tables before the 1970s, unfortunately. (Big Shot surprisingly has some fans though.)

Spirit of 1976 was a very popular EM "back in the day", supposedly you saw those everywhere in the 1970s, supposedly it's simple-but-challenging (never played one so I dunno one way or the other). It would be a top candidate EM for Pinball Arcade... *if* Farsight ever did an EM again, which is uncertain.

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
I would love more em's in this collection. The ones listed in the o.p. would be awesome. How about Centigrade 37 a late Gottlieb em from the 70's, saw a video and it look great imo. I would buy every table listed in the op. I think its important to recognize the history of pinball in this amazing game.

Zorgwon

Sep 14, 2013
I would love more em's in this collection. The ones listed in the o.p. would be awesome. How about Centigrade 37 a late Gottlieb em from the 70's, saw a video and it look great imo.
That would be a good entry. It's getting hotter. ;-)

jeffpiatt

Jun 4, 2014
We need more em games in pa knowing Nintendo the super mario tables would get stuck as wii u exclusive tables seeing how theyt are now hyper protective of the house label games.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
We need more em games in pa knowing Nintendo the super mario tables would get stuck as wii u exclusive tables seeing how theyt are now hyper protective of the house label games.

It's unfair to single Nintendo out here. When was the last time you saw Halo on the PS3? :p

jeffpiatt

Jun 4, 2014
At lest the star trek table would be easy to get after all TPA got the rights from cbs to do the next gen table.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
I would love more em's in this collection. The ones listed in the o.p. would be awesome. How about Centigrade 37 a late Gottlieb em from the 70's, saw a video and it look great imo. I would buy every table listed in the op. I think its important to recognize the history of pinball in this amazing game.

I'm with you on the EM's and what you said about recognizing historical value of pinball. Unfortunately, like everything else, this is a business and FarSight has to make a profit with what sells. That's why a bulk of the pinball tables in TPA are from the 80's and 90's. Most of the gaming population was around when these tables actually were in arcades, making them more likely to sell.

Would that there were a profitable method for truly preserving the history of pinball, as there are many tables from all eras that I would be interested to see.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
At lest the star trek table would be easy to get after all TPA got the rights from cbs to do the next gen table.

From what I understand, they only own the rights to make TNG pinball. The other series may even be owned by completely different companies. Not to mention actor licenses. Not so simple, unfortunately. So we won't be seeing Ramp Trek any time soon.

Johni3w6

Oct 31, 2012
Some of the tables I would like to see are

Jokerz
Police Force
Road Kings
Fire
Joker Poker
Flip a Card
Base Hit

Hello to fellow Pennsylvanians jeffpiatt and Kolchak357.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts