TAXI and what table for next DLC???

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
But i guess the likely hood off the TPA being around more than 2.5-3 years is unlikely before they move on to something else

Hope you're wrong, but how long they're around will largely be determined by sales. They could move on to something else, or they could help reinvigorate a dormant industry.

Brian Clark

Feb 28, 2012
You are correct, there are three licensed tracks on the table, but I don't think it would be much of a hassle to get the license for those three tracks.

Cool! I'm guessing a certain table from Data East with one of the same songs probably would be a hassle, though.

Supermans

Jun 19, 2012
And then this time next year all they'll left with is run of the mill tables that wont hold the interest of the general user base, i feel its best to spread these big hitters out and not release them all at the start of TPA life. Alot of the really big tables will need kickstarters to bring them to TPA, and i dont think FS can really ask the community to do this more than a few times in a year, so with that out the window what are they left with to release?

After all the heavy hitters are released, Farsight is then left with a game that has sold a heckuva lot more tables than if they released mediocre tables in the meantime. Plus, they will have more money to fund other projects and expand their currently small business when compared to other gaming companies. I like their current online model only since the games are constantly getting tweaked. This wouldn't happen if all the tables were sold for $50-$60 as a standalone game like PBHOF was. With this model, they can keep the prices at a premium and they remain valuable 2 to 3 years from now while if it was sold as a standalone game, in a few months when sales dissipate,the game would be worth less than half and they would need to move on. The way they are doing it now, they are not only building a large user base, but they can make this game as large as they want and keep on updating them with better graphics as technology improves. All of us early adopters are helping them point out the bugs, and making their product better. We should all be requesting the best tables possible and with this kickstart procuring Twilight Zone and Star Trek TNG we all benefit as their user base will increase tenfold.

Last edited:

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
There are a lot of fun tables that aren't on PW's list, so we should be fine for at least a few years.

Brian Clark

Feb 28, 2012
I would like Taxi to be paired with Xenon since one has the same name as a video game by coincidence and the other has the same name as an unrelated sitcom. Probably won't happen, though. What about Stern tables? Most are licensed, but what about ones like Grand Prix? Not really the one I want the most, but the hardware is emulated for pinball arcade and, from the review comments, it sounds like it might be a good one.

Last edited:

DJ Clae

Jun 17, 2012
On PHOF they had an unreleased table called Goin' Nuts that I had a great time with back when we were all new to their releases. I wouldn't mind seeing more historic beta stuff like that in the future.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
lettuce, I can not agree more about Safe Cracker. It was my "Guilty Pleasures" pin I revealed in the Off-topic forum. And now that Farsight have sorted out the backboard zoom feature, the zoom-in on the Safe Cracker "Board Game" would work so awesomely!!

I also have a *ahem* rather extensive collection of original Safe Cracker tokens still, including the elusive Silver Token.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.