Terminator

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
I really enjoyed Salvation, almost as much as T2. Must have watched it about 4 or 5 times now.

Me too. Watched it again and with an open, no-pessimism viewing and you know what, it's a damn good film. Dare I say spectacular. Really, really good. Would have made a DOPE trilogy. And now I'm sad :9(.

They have so much to build off of and work with. Young Kyle, the prototype Terminator, Christian Bale, even the side characters like John's right hand man, that chick who falls in love with the prototype terminator, and John Connors wife were all really strong, great actors. Everything was in place to make an incredible trilogy. And I would have loved to see where it went, how they would send Kyle then eventually the T-800 ok wait I need to stop because I just realized I'm almost repeating my OP verbatim (whoops lol).

To answer (kind of) Marks initial points, the answers really revolve around property and licensing. Bankruptcy and litigation.

T3 was indeed a potential avenue but considering the huge gaping errors in Termintor lore founded by the previous films, fan fire was put out to say the least.

I personally feel that had that movie received more care, more movies would have continued.

So, Salvation arrives in an attempt to reboot with Mr Bale. An A lister if ever there was one, and an opportunity to pin an epic trilogy on his considerable abilities. Alas an opportunity begging.

Now we see a potential T5 with Mr S possibly. We see news and rumours of this being a new trilogy. Future war scenario? Who knows. With leaps in CGI, will a studio use T5 as a tent pole in 2015? Perhaps looking at Pacific Rim this year and Godzilla in 2014, those incomes could convince a studio to do just that

Not sure what you mean by the first sentence. Potential Avenue? It was basically just a rehash/parody of T2. A 4th film with the same elements? Another Terminator sent back in time? Another excuse to have Arnold back, yet another "being chased by Terminators" film... Yawn... No thanks.

The future war is where the series needed to go. Like others said Sarah Connor Chronicles was a way to keep telling the same old story but in a "fresh" way I guess (yet to see it, but I think I get what it's about, which is just, like I said, "being chased by terminators" type of story). And when it comes to future war I don't think it could have gotten much better than Salvation. It really is a great movie that is worthy of multiple views (I've seen it now 4 times).

I'll say this and I probably will change my mind but -takes deep breath- I actually like Salvation more than T1 (!!!). There, I said it (!!!).

So T2, Salvation, T1 , my favorites, in that order. Then Batman and Robin then Plan Nine from Outer Space........... then T3. That's the order of the films in my eyes lol.

Anyways about digital Arnold. See what they should have done in Salvation, and what they can/should do if they are going to use Arnold again, is to just have him do the acting then digitally make him look like 40 y/o Arnold from T2. I mentioned it in my OP, but Salvation Arnold looked nearly perfect except for the eyes/face. That's where they lost it. He looked great until you get to the face and eyes where he looks like The Incredible Hulk CGI. Had they actually had him do the facial and eye acting (Think : L.A. Noire technology) it'd been perfect.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.