Text adventures!

DrainoBraino

Apr 11, 2012
Oh man this brings back some frustrating gaming memories. I can't think of the game's name but it was some kind of mythological story involving the ancient Greek Gods (so basically everything was possible..)
Would love to play this again and finish it.
What did you play this on? Might help in finding it.

Jan Duin

Feb 20, 2012
The powerful Atari ST 512!! Anyone remember Populous, Falcon and Carrier command? :)

Tapatalked from my Galaxy SIII

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I remember being tortured by one for the Apple IIe called 'Kidnapped' (I think)

Stuck up on the ninth floor of a building, trying to get do the bottom. We got so frustrated not being able to do even the simplest of tasks, like using a vending machine, that we cracked open the game code so we could see every command prompt the game would recognize. Even with the list of 250+ words we found, STILL couldn't get any farther than the 6th floor! I think we couldn't figure out how to tie a string to a helium balloon that would take us down one floor.

Stupid text adventures. First time I saw one with graphics I think my head nearly exploded.

DrainoBraino

Apr 11, 2012
The powerful Atari ST 512!! Anyone remember Populous, Falcon and Carrier command? :)

Tapatalked from my Galaxy SIII
Oh but of course! ST was my go to game machine. Prince of Persia, Barbarian, Chronoquest, King's Quest, anything with quest in it! The king of all ST rpg games-------> Dungeon Master. Still play that one.

I believe the game you are talking about is Myth. It was not available for purchase, so you probably got it pirated (imagine that... a pirated ST game ;))

Jan Duin

Feb 20, 2012
Dungeon Master!! That game freaked me out, the graphics were so realistic :)

Myth! Will have to look that up, thanks! ;)

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I really enjoyed the early Sierra adventure games where you had to type everything in (Kings Quest, Quest for Glory, Police Quest, Leisure Suit Larry), and later point and click versions were fun as well.

Quest for Glory: Hero's Quest 1 was my fav:

a2a70_qfg_3.jpg

And here's the VGA remake:

sv_QBD.jpg

Last edited:

sotnwaffle

Apr 13, 2012
Probably my favorite text adventure was "Adventure", followed by what was called "Dungeon" at the time (Zork stuff). I was excited to learn Adventure was based on a real cave in Kentucky.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.