The Big Lebowski Pinball

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Don't have a clue what the theme is from, but they playfield idea looks cool. But expensive.

LeRoy3rd

May 18, 2013
It's based on the movie "The Big Lebowski". If you don't mind language, and a bit of nudity/violence, it's a pretty funny/ridiculous movie. Stars Jeff Bridges, John Goodman, and Steve Buscemi.

Zombie Aladdin

Mar 28, 2014
I hope to see one of these on location. I've never watched the movie, but the bowling thing down there looks interesting.

They said they'd use normal bowling scoring, right? I find that to be one of those things I understood after much studying that nobody else really seems to understand.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
I hope to see one of these on location. I've never watched the movie, but the bowling thing down there looks interesting.

They said they'd use normal bowling scoring, right? I find that to be one of those things I understood after much studying that nobody else really seems to understand.

It's easy until you star throwing in how strikes score, then it all gets confusing. Fortunately, alleys have electronic scorekeepers, so I just let them do their thing.

Zombie Aladdin

Mar 28, 2014
It reminds me more of Gottlieb's Strikes 'N Spares: http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?gid=4336&puid=32859

Considering Strikes 'N Spares was somewhat popular among bowling alley owners (and no one else) to put in their establishments, as it's also a bowling theme, The Big Lebowski has a chance of catching on with that group too. The Big Lebowski WILL be better than Strikes 'N Spares though.

It's easy until you star throwing in how strikes score, then it all gets confusing. Fortunately, alleys have electronic scorekeepers, so I just let them do their thing.

Yeah, I must wonder if, before electronic scorekeeping, bowling was absolutely baffling in how it scored and if there had to be people on the premises to help people with it.

Dumpstar

Apr 17, 2012
Yeah, I must wonder if, before electronic scorekeeping, bowling was absolutely baffling in how it scored and if there had to be people on the premises to help people with it.

No because before electronic scoring, we learnt how to do maths by ourselves. It's not like it's quantum physics or anything of the sort.

N

netizen

There was this really obscure thing that they used to do: The instructions on how to do the scoring was printed on the sheets that you did the scoring on.

DanBradford

Apr 5, 2013
bowling was absolutely baffling in how it scored

i'm glad i'm not the only one to find this statement ridiculous. dude, in what way is it complicated?

if you get a spare, the next ball gets scored twice.
if you get a strike, the next two balls get scored twice.
that's it. that really is it. if you can't do this then i despair.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
i jsed to love wbit of bowling great fun espically if a few classic arcadegames or pinball

havent played in years tho

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
1303008086154.jpg

Nightwing

Aug 1, 2012
The Big Lebowski is one of those films I never got around to seeing. Table looks interesting so far though. ..

Zombie Aladdin

Mar 28, 2014
I have never seen The Big Lebowski either. There are a lot of classic movies I've never seen, which is probably strange coming from someone with a degree in Film & Digital Media.

i'm glad i'm not the only one to find this statement ridiculous. dude, in what way is it complicated?

if you get a spare, the next ball gets scored twice.
if you get a strike, the next two balls get scored twice.
that's it. that really is it. if you can't do this then i despair.

If you get a spare, the frame is worth 10 + the number of pins knocked down during the next ball. If you get a strike, the frame is worth 10 + the number of pins knocked down on the next ball + the number of pins knocked down on the ball after that. That's what this says, at least.

The problem is that people see the numbers automatically put up on the displays and can't make sense of it. It's basically seeing a series of solutions without the formulae. This is especially true if the display only shows the scores up to that point and not the amount of points earned in the frame.

Also, in my school district, the minimum level of mathematics needed to graduate from high school was Algebra I. The California High School Exit Exam only goes up to that level. About one-third of the students who take the test are unable to pass it due to an inability to calculate at that level.

Members online

Members online