The Creature Dwells At Rossi's

Yesterday after filling out many job applications, I decided to unwind by going to Rossi's in San Marcos to check out their Creature from the Black Lagoon table.

I was pleasantly surprised to see that they have a nice little arcade in there including a very nice air hockey table, many retro games and even a TMNT 4 player machine.

Back to the main subject--I eventually found the table and first off noticed that it's a 5 ball table which I did like. Spent about $2.50 on it total. Also noticed that it had a dollar bill feeder, so ended up using that a couple times.

The table's artwork looks it has been well maintained and after I got FILM lit I saw the movie reels light up. When I got to the Creature Multiball, I was happy to see the lights on the Creature Feature Ramp and the Lagoon. That's about all I can really say that's good about the table unfortunately.
The ball doesn't travel nearly as fast as it should after it's plunged...then again, maybe I'm just spoiled from TPA on that one. ;p
On a more serious note, there's no ball saver whatsoever plus there were times during Creature Multiball where after shooting to the tunnels, I couldn't use the right flipper at all. Considering both the KISS and Snackbar shots drain there, that's a huge problem since that's an instant ball loss.
On a disappointing note, the Creature Hologram doesn't work. I can understand this one considering the age of the table, but I do hope it gets fixed.

I do look forward to going back there since they've got a lot of fun things to play in there. Until my next pinball table venture!

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts