The LEAST popular table you want to come to The Pinball Arcade

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
Orbitor requires true spin physics to play right. Those "bumpers" are spinning rubber discs that give the pinball spin.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Orbitor requires true spin physics to play right. Those "bumpers" are spinning rubber discs that give the pinball spin.

I think it's safe to say that the TPA physics engine wouldn't work with a game like Orbitor 1, and it would be far too time-consuming to adapt it for a table that is by the vast majority of people, considered to be a stinker.

EccentricFlower

May 4, 2015
I never saw this table irl (but hopefully it will be at Repay FX next month), but it definitely fits the kind of table that needs to be added to Pinball Arcade....

I've been playing Spectrum the last couple of days in Visual Pinball. It is just about the weirdest thing, and I think I love it.

I gather it was not a success (IPDB says "of the 994 made, less than 500 were sold").

TNT

Feb 27, 2015
Well whenever they get S.A.M. Emulated, I would love to see Wheel Of Fortune and Big Buck Hunter Pro. These are to great games that are underrated and not too many people want them in The Pinball Arcade, when I first saw these games at a barcode, I was like oh boy they'll probably suck. But once I started playing them I got hooked on them, they were a very pleasant surprise. http://youtu.be/2gmt0CvIJX4

I would love to see these as well.

AJ Boomer

Jan 7, 2017
I am very anxious to have Comet! The simplicity of the playfield, the colorful artwork by Python Anghelo, and the introduction of the 1-million shot makes for a priceless setup. The retro sound effects and music are amusing and the strobing flash lamps are stunning for this table's action. I'm concerned about whether or not it will make it on to The Pinball Arcade.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Orbitor 1 could be a nightmare for the physics engine. Spin and the weird shaped playfield could be very hard to simulate. Wonder how that would turn out? I've played Orbitor 1 a couple times in real life and that was enough for me.

wizard33

Jul 31, 2014
FS has already simulated similar stuff, such as Hocus Pocus in ToM and telepathy in BSD. Never played Orbiter but it looks so weird that we need to get it

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
Ooo ooo, lemme try! Big Buck Hunter Pro. It'll never happen, but we don't have a hunting themed table yet. Also it's a Stern that no one requests. It's not so bad though, and for some reason it has UFOs in it. I'm not even into hunting, but I used to play it at the nearest truckstop.

HotHamBoy

Aug 2, 2014
Ooo ooo, lemme try! Big Buck Hunter Pro. It'll never happen, but we don't have a hunting themed table yet. Also it's a Stern that no one requests. It's not so bad though, and for some reason it has UFOs in it. I'm not even into hunting, but I used to play it at the nearest truckstop.

But that would be a Stern Pinball Arcade table. If we can include Stern tables then I nominate Monopoly. It's an often-overlooked Pat Lawlor that does a fantastic job of incorporating the license.

Man, this thread is 4 years old and just got a 2 year necrobump! Funny that one of the first replies is Rollergames now that it seems to be one of the loudest requests.

I really don't see much love for Breakshot. I think that table is pretty great, maybe a little easy.

Most of what I want that isn't that popular is from Data East, which is criminally under-represented in TPA. Give me a Data East over a Premiere any day. That said, I'm not sure if Data East would be released under TPA, SPA, or both.

WWF Royal Rumble is one of my favorite tables and I'd love to have it in TPA. Same with Guns n Roses. Rocky and Bullwinkle is awesome. I actually really like DE Batman, for some reason (it's pretty unremarkable). Of course, all of those are licensed so I'm not sure how likely any of them are. I *kind of* like Laser War because it's got a ridiculous theme and it's sort of fun once you get into it.

Mata Hari is awesome.

Johnny Mnemonic might be semi-popular, I'm not sure. But I really want it.

Last edited:

soundwave106

Nov 6, 2013
Never played Orbiter but it looks so weird that we need to get it

I'll echo that Orbiter is a novelty that is worth playing once and that's about it. There just isn't much to do on that table. Orbiter would've been a much better concept as a half-playfield or upper-level playfield or something along those lines.

If we need something that would challenge Farsight's physics code, the mini playfields in Stern's Family Guy and/or Shrek would be a much better target. Those tables are probably too decently popular to be included on this thread though. :p

Oddly enough, being that the I grew up on are the 90s DMDs that are well represented in TPA, the one table I would've thought of three years ago when this thread started :p (No Fear) has in fact been done. I guess I would pick another emulation challenge, Revenge From Mars, since I do remember playing that a fair bit when it came out. I don't know about "least popular" but that machine seems to be polarizing; count me in the camp that enjoyed the game.

HotHamBoy

Aug 2, 2014
I can't imagine Revenge From Mars is possible in TPA. It's not that great, either.

Orbiter 1, while neat, is not much of a game and I don't think the wowfactor of the magnet tricks would still be impressive in a videogame.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.