The Music Video Thread

WhiteChocolate

Apr 15, 2014
these kids impressed rammstein so much with their cover versions of their songs, they asked them to open their denver show back in 2012!! the drummer was only five years old then!

now they're just a bit older, getting even more polished and rocking even harder, writing their own stuff and releasing made-at-home albums...

CMB - TV or not TV

("TV or Not TV... Shakespeare.") - in the one single opening line, with -FIVE WORDS-... these kids utterly destroy the first simple lines of ginsberg's 'howl' with a Fox "News"-generation update!)

"Why ye didn't learn from me?
I told you not to watch tv.
Now you got a dirty mind..."

p.s. b.t.w... merry f*ckin' christmas, every one!

Last edited:

WhiteChocolate

Apr 15, 2014
something else new (to me ;0) that impressed me a few months back... Japanese girl-group called "(the?) drops"... no dissing on "baby metal" groups or fans, but face it... here in one single group, they're outnumbered! ;0

and they play their own instruments!! ;0... and, sooo much more ineffable a mix of eastern and western 'texture' to their sound... truly a 'grrrl-group', in all the best ways... :)

Drop's「ハイウェイ・クラブ」Music Video

WhiteChocolate

Apr 15, 2014
a bit more about CMB - worth reading their blogs to see that they aren't going to be 'just another shaggs/old skull' group... :)

https://childrenmedievalband.wordpress.com/2015/05/16/four-years/

Our Band – by Stefan (the eldest; boy-guitarist; kraftwerk-like countenance+eyebrows):

"We’ve had lots of great moments, but we’ve also had our fair share of failures as well.(..) Before releasing our album, 'Treasure Underground,' we worked for almost a year, composing, recording and mixing. But when we finally put it out for everyone to buy, less than 10 people were interested enough to give three dollars for a good cause.

We’ve played at several fairs, at all of them the managers congratulated us, some even wanted us for next year. But as you would expect, because of the continuous rise of the number of bands in the world, we were put on the waiting list..

A major problem for us is that we don’t have much audience. A few years ago many R+ fans cheered us, but as we grew up, our band is not so cute anymore, so the former fans, 20-40 years olds, lost interest.(..) Also, unfortunately, those from our generation don’t care about us. It’s sad to see that almost all kids our age listen to garbage, this is their parents’ fault.

In spite of all that, we keep doing what we have to do. And yes, we have an agenda. We don’t want to be part of a generation entirely fascinated by those stars so popular, and also so irritating. We try to create a bit of an influence and change the taste of some youngsters, here and there. Although it seems to be almost impossible, we like to try. And as we said in our CMB March song:
'Even if we won’t succeed, We’ll be standing tall.' "

Children Medieval Band - Something Going On (by Frida)

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.