The Mystery of Eight Ball Deluxe

k88dad

Nov 9, 2012
Is there some reason Sharkey's is not preferred over EBD?

Because EBD is a classic, would be the logical response. Sharkey's steals the EBD layout, and throws in a few toys. EBD is one of the best one-ball games ever made. TPA should represent the history of pinball. So far, it represents the recent history of pinball (with few exceptions.)

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
Because EBD is a classic, would be the logical response. Sharkey's steals the EBD layout, and throws in a few toys. EBD is one of the best one-ball games ever made. TPA should represent the history of pinball. So far, it represents the recent history of pinball (with few exceptions.)

I agree with you about EBD. But will it sell? FarSight seems to be going more for tables with selling points (90's tables that more people are likely to remember, for instance). From a business standpoint, that makes sense. However, you're right about pinball history being represented here. I want to get more into the tables from the 70's and 80's that, maybe, fewer of us remember but have design and play qualities that make them worth more than a few go-rounds.

I also like the idea of preserving tables that are hard, if not impossible, to find anymore.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013

Imagine if George Lucas designed pinball machines. You'd end up with the likes of Sharkey's, JackBot and High Speed II :p

David T. Melnick

Jul 23, 2014
Imagine if George Lucas designed pinball machines. You'd end up with the likes of Sharkey's, JackBot and High Speed II :p
---
yea...Sharkey's Shootout alright. I love that alien named "Mr. Grey". *Sounds like who Stephen King named his alien in his story: "Dream Catcher" :cool:. Just a Constant Reader of his.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.