The Mystery of Eight Ball Deluxe

dave950lam

Apr 20, 2012
I know it would be cost-prohibitive, but an Eight Ball/ Eight Ball Deluxe combo pack would be cool.

And the original Bally's Star Trek also needs to be in TPA, though it may need a kickstarter.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
EBD is 8,250
EBD LE is 2,388
Total of 10,638
This is per IPDB

The LE had had a different back box and some slightly different cabinet art.

Crawley

Mar 25, 2013
Is there some reason Sharkey's is not preferred over EBD?

I've only played Sharkey's at one event I went to so don't have a good sense of the complete game. But I was immediately drawn to the goal of defeating other pool sharks and the sound package/call outs (from what I could hear) was pretty good.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I've only played Sharkeys at events also but I really liked it. There is much more to do and it does look and sound good. To me it's one of the most underrated Stern pins.
But I'm drawn to EBD because it's one of those pins I grew up playing. Great layout with simple rules that are frustratingly difficult to achieve. That's what it is for me.

invitro

May 4, 2012
I've already said I'd rather see Sharkey's. I'm expecting Farsight to make this one, unless they can't get Jeanette Lee's license. I think it'd be more fun than EBD... but I haven't played either table more than ten times, probably. But EBD is at least somewhat historic (I think it's overrated in that department) and Sharkey's certainly isn't.

EDIT: I gotta say that I hate wireforms that drop the ball below the inlane switches.

image-15.jpg

chinzman93

Jul 1, 2013
I am also drawn to EBD because of the amount of playtime from my youth. Just great memories. I don't mind Sharky's, but it just seems to me that the voice overs get a bit old. I would preferred both over CBW.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
How sweet is that Jeanette Lee? Wonder if she is still a beauty? It's been a lot of years since I've seen her.

Nightwing

Aug 1, 2012
I am also drawn to EBD because of the amount of playtime from my youth. Just great memories. I don't mind Sharky's, but it just seems to me that the voice overs get a bit old. I would preferred both over CBW.

That's my feeling also - at least in regards to EBD & Sharkey's. I've never played a Sharkey's - though it looks interesting,and I'd be okay with it being in TPA. But if I had to choose either/or,then I want the table that I personally remember included.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.