The New Nexus 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
Thanks for the review of the N7-2013. I bought my N7-2012 two months ago knowing full well that a new N7 would be coming out 'soon'.

Even though it's now suddenly the 'older' N7, it is still a tremendous tablet, and great for playing TPA.

+1. Hopefully I can get a few years out of mine. I bought mine back in February so I'd have a platform to support TPA. Even with the upcoming PC version and new 360 tables possibly coming soon, I'm still very content with my 2012 N7.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Mine is in the mail. The screen/resolution is unbelievable - higher PPI than any other tablet on the market, so great that I have decided not to buy anymore TPA packs until the resolution is upgraded - at least to iOS level. There's no reason Android should be treated like a red-headed stepchild just because a handful of users own older budget phones.

You'll be waiting for a while.

The fact is this: the amount of users with older (I'm going to say "less powerful" here) devices may surprise you.

The amount with HD (1080p or higher) screens may also surprise you ratio-wise.

Ryan can cover why it is not possible to support higher resolutions. Yet. He already has on the High Detail thread I started. It's worth a read.

Damianiw

Jun 23, 2013
Android is a victim of its diversity

I am fortunate enough to have an ipad 2 and a tegra 3 based android tablet.

Bang for buck android wins, my android tablet was 1/3rd of the cost of the ipad.

Gaming with gamepads is easier, emulators custom keyboards etc all the things that are a pain on the ipad.

The ipad's + point will always be standard hardware. = easier to dev and push each device, if its supported etc.

Ill admit I'm surprised the ipad 2 outperforms the nexus and other tegra 3 based tablets for pinball arcade, some other games like Modern Combat 4 are up there or better than ipad - using my ps3 controller really makes me appreciate android.

But having played tpa on both I'd say if I'm buying a table pack it will be on the ipad.

I'm sure Ryan will keep improving it but maybe its just the dev tools / hardware the ipad version is better, I bet if I had an ipad 4 I'd find it even more so.

The tablet versions are my favourite, pinball just works so well on tablets, screen rotation + touch :)

I don't enjoy it as much on ps3, wish I could rotate tv!

Regards

Damian

Edan-Grossman

Jan 19, 2013
After returning my vita, I picked up the new nexus 7 and all I can say is that I strongly recommend it.

In the settings menu, there is an option to toggle different textures. There is a "normal" and "high" setting. Is this the texture option you wanted for android all along?

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
After returning my vita, I picked up the new nexus 7 and all I can say is that I strongly recommend it.

In the settings menu, there is an option to toggle different textures. There is a "normal" and "high" setting. Is this the texture option you wanted for android all along?

There are high textures (that setting affects anisotropic aliasing on far detail in a
table, for example). This feature was implemented about the same time as Bride of Pinbot was released (from memory).

Then there are _high detail_ table models. In other words, significantly increased polygon count.

For example, instead of hexagonal stand up targets on BoP, they would be round.

timmyD

Nov 28, 2012
Got my tablet today... Played a beautiful game of TOTAN today, I won't be on my Note 2 for a while...

Looks and plays great! Whatever arguments people may have, don't worry... Looks brilliant!

Now to import my table goals and high scores somehow... Wish these were on Google Play Games somehow.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Got my tablet today... Played a beautiful game of TOTAN today, I won't be on my Note 2 for a while...

Looks and plays great! Whatever arguments people may have, don't worry... Looks brilliant!

Now to import my table goals and high scores somehow... Wish these were on Google Play Games somehow.

Really pleased for you - happy new device man.

Re-achievement import, you'll have to root to get at the location they are currently in.
If you do figure another way, post up, as I'd love to get mine from my N7 copied to my SGS4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.