The Official Latest NEWS And INFORMATION Discussion Thread

Father Time

Apr 21, 2013
from what I have seen Im not buying it. If the tables aren't emulated then the table is just used to see how the ball behaves and pictures? I'll admit i was shocked to see a victory but just because i stand next to a race car doesnt make me a REAL driver. Why is every release a NEW pin and an OLD rehash? So FS can focus all the attention on the NEW non pictured not in thier data base yet while the rehash gets a primping with new graphics and physics tweaks. Funny how all the tables that are "emulated" are rehashes huh?
What the hell are you talking about?

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
@pinwiz or whoever runs the newsletter section of the site: I noticed that there is no copy of newsletter #1 in the newsletter section. I checked my email and I actually have it (it is dated 2/11/12). Would you like me to send it to you when I get the chance so that the newsletter section can be completed?

I would definitely appreciate it if you could forward me newsletter #1. I had problems with my email in early 2012 and I seemed to have lost that one for some reason. I'll PM you my email address.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Why are people insisting the GN will be scripted? A FarSight emplyee has already told us they plan on emulating every table they can from now on. And I believe the ROM image is available for this table.
You missed the "that can be emulated" part. Having the ROM image is not enough, the emulation framework also must know what to do with it, and must be able to execute the image fast enough to maintain an acceptable frame rate.

It's far harder than it looks.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
Motion and Touch controls

Eep! I hope these will be optional. I don't want it to be PS3-first-gen-games-with-mandatory-silly-motion-control-sections all over again. >_<

neilpinbot

Apr 4, 2012
I would definitely appreciate it if you could forward me newsletter #1. I had problems with my email in early 2012 and I seemed to have lost that one for some reason. I'll PM you my email address.

I think I must be going blind for the life of me I cant find the links to the newsletters and my last couple of newsletters must have got lost in the post :confused:

Byte

Nov 11, 2012
PS4 Article says "DLC – Table Packs, Pro Upgrades, Bundles and Ball Packs released regularly"

But no word on the updateability (sorry for that word). I will NOT buy the PS4 version when DLC cannot be updated like on the PS3 (i.e. you're stuck with known issues forever).

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
PS4 Article says "DLC – Table Packs, Pro Upgrades, Bundles and Ball Packs released regularly"

But no word on the updateability (sorry for that word). I will NOT buy the PS4 version when DLC cannot be updated like on the PS3 (i.e. you're stuck with known issues forever).

I assumed that if they had it all to do over again they'd release it like Zen 2 for the PS3. I also assume that FS doesn't know. Sony has never been good with communicating with the smaller publishers. They probably haven't told FS one way or another. As far as I can tell Sony has made no public announcement about DLC updates for the PS4 or the PS3 for that matter.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
By PC standards, the PS3's updating method was badly outdated when the PS3 was new; at this point it's positively prehistoric, and looking much worse now that all the mobile devices that have sprung up in the mean time have gotten everyone used to much more efficient update schemes. Given that it was Sony's first try at an update system on a console, I guess it's understandable they went the basic route on the PS3, but I'm sure it has caused them even more problems than it has caused us. It would be a truly bizarre act of masochism--not to mention sadism--if they kept such an update system for another generation.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Whoa....this thread hasn't been touched in a while.

Anyway, could Season Two be extended from 11-20 to 11-22? I'm thinking one Season = one year. Then Season 3 could be 23-34 (and so on)?

sotie

Aug 30, 2012
Last night PiN WiZ extended the Bally poll and made the following statement: "PAF Top Ten Most Wanted Table Poll Series takes an unexpected turn later today...STAY TUNED!!!"

Normally the new polls begin early in the AM. Today's new scheduled poll for Gottlieb/Premier hasn't started yet so it's late. Obviously, this has something to do with the "unexpected turn" today. Anybody care to guess what's going on?

I'm guessing that instead of an unofficial poll the Gottlieb poll will now be an official one from FS and the winner will be released to TPA. I'm basing this on the Allgames.com interview with Bobby that was released on Friday. In the interview Bobby said that an official Gottlieb EM poll will be launched soon.

Nightwing

Aug 1, 2012
Last night PiN WiZ extended the Bally poll and made the following statement: "PAF Top Ten Most Wanted Table Poll Series takes an unexpected turn later today...STAY TUNED!!!"

Normally the new polls begin early in the AM. Today's new scheduled poll for Gottlieb/Premier hasn't started yet so it's late. Obviously, this has something to do with the "unexpected turn" today. Anybody care to guess what's going on?

I'm guessing that instead of an unofficial poll the Gottlieb poll will now be an official one from FS and the winner will be released to TPA. I'm basing this on the Allgames.com interview with Bobby that was released on Friday. In the interview Bobby said that an official Gottlieb EM poll will be launched soon.

I think you might be correct. We shall see soon enough :)

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
That actually would be a bit dissapointing especially since Bobby said that the newer games sell better. Do we really need any more polls for EM's? I mean, how hard is it to figure out which one's are the good one's and add them to what essentially might be 5-10% of Pinball Arcade's final library?

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Gottlieb EMs from the mid to late 70's are probably my all time favorites. Choosing among them will be like having teeth drilled. I want them all! This poll might give me an ulcer.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
That actually would be a bit dissapointing especially since Bobby said that the newer games sell better. Do we really need any more polls for EM's? I mean, how hard is it to figure out which one's are the good one's and add them to what essentially might be 5-10% of Pinball Arcade's final library?

That's why this poll will be so importent to me. I know we won't see many of these, so I really hope people choose wisely.

Last edited:

karl

May 10, 2012
That was another pleasant surprise in the podcast interview. We all need more Gottlieb mid to late 70' tables, please.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts