The Official Latest NEWS And INFORMATION Discussion Thread

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
I'm confused. FarSight was able to get CV's Neon Multiball to look stunning on the consoles a long time ago. Couldn't they use that effect with white light for Strobe Multiball? I know neon is not quite the same, but surely it would be better than nothing?

jhamdotme

Apr 14, 2012
Thanks, jhamdotme. Isn't that how PiN WiZ gets a lot of his info anyhow?

Yeah, I think so. I’m not trying to step on his toes, or anything. I just saw the comment about Valve, and I wanted to read this for myself, in context.

Ideally, if we all chip in and post here what we find, with links, it'd probably make his job a hell of a lot easier. Instead of having to hunt for everything himself, he could just follow the links that we post and he could nicely summarize everything.

Last edited:

steven_dutch

Sep 27, 2012
Destructoid posted a discussion between some indie developers including Farsight's Bobby King.

Indie developers prefer Vita development to iOS, Android
Sony is rocking the indie scene, helping developers get games on PlayStation systems

"King noted that 67% of Pinball Arcade owners were influenced by cross buy promotion."
Check the Source for the complete article.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Destructoid posted a discussion between some indie developers including Farsight's Bobby King.

Indie developers prefer Vita development to iOS, Android
Sony is rocking the indie scene, helping developers get games on PlayStation systems

"King noted that 67% of Pinball Arcade owners were influenced by cross buy promotion."
Check the Source for the complete article.

Where did he come up with that number? Maybe of those that own a Vita, 67% put TPA on it because of cross buy? Based off the screen shots I've seen of TPA on the Vita, I can't imagine those without a PS3 being very happy about their purchase. :mad:

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
Where did he come up with that number? Maybe of those that own a Vita, 67% put TPA on it because of cross buy? Based off the screen shots I've seen of TPA on the Vita, I can't imagine those without a PS3 being very happy about their purchase. :mad:
Yeah, I dunno about that either. I mean, if we're talking the main console (and not the handheld aspect of it) you're comparing something that has cross-play and regular updates vs something that may well be incapable of doing something to that equivalent, but also hasn't had an update for god knows how many months.

Heck, I own a Vita, PS3, 360 and two iOS devices and I'd probably prefer to buy it separately on 360 and iOS than use the PS3/Vita. It's a combination of having better controls (to me. At least, a better controller) on 360 and always having an iOS device with me. I'll probably triple-dip once the 360 gets updated again and the PC version is out, but right now the PS3 version is the one I'm least likely to buy tables for, I think (unless 3D somehow sways me, and can't be done on PC).

Rafie

Jul 17, 2012
Yeah, I dunno about that either. I mean, if we're talking the main console (and not the handheld aspect of it) you're comparing something that has cross-play and regular updates vs something that may well be incapable of doing something to that equivalent, but also hasn't had an update for god knows how many months.

Heck, I own a Vita, PS3, 360 and two iOS devices and I'd probably prefer to buy it separately on 360 and iOS than use the PS3/Vita. It's a combination of having better controls (to me. At least, a better controller) on 360 and always having an iOS device with me. I'll probably triple-dip once the 360 gets updated again and the PC version is out, but right now the PS3 version is the one I'm least likely to buy tables for, I think (unless 3D somehow sways me, and can't be done on PC).

The PS3 looks the best out of all the versions. Although I don't like how super bright Genie is on that version. The PS3 version is a good one. Just not better than the iOS I suspect. I own TPA on all devices except Android (which will change soon because of OUYA). The Vita version needs work. That's just plain and simple.

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
Doesn't necessarily mean it will be "greenlit", though. They may have worked something out where they've bypassed Greenlight completely and Valve are actually publishing it themselves. If a meeting with Valve means that they get a wildcard and effectively overtake the games that abided by the Greenlight rules, there'd be some very unhappy campers... so yeah, I'm thinking Valve has put their hand up and said they'll publish it outside of Greenlight.

The PS3 looks the best out of all the versions. Although I don't like how super bright Genie is on that version. The PS3 version is a good one. Just not better than the iOS I suspect. I own TPA on all devices except Android (which will change soon because of OUYA). The Vita version needs work. That's just plain and simple.
I think you're right on all counts (it's close b/w 360 and PS3, but yeah... PS3 looks a little bit better) but I can still feel lag on the PS3 one compared to the 360 :/

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts