The Pinball Arcade Featured On Google Play...Download Frenzy Has Begun!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jutter

Dec 30, 2012
Thanks guys!! Been a hell of a time getting them to feature us.
TPA is a museum as much as it is a game. It's a hybrid in that sense. To make the freely available part of the game more enticing (and as I suppose it serves as a steppingstone to buying tables), I would suggest the marketing department plays the museum angle more, and advertise the free-table-of-the-month feature more prominently also. Right now you kind of have to stumbe upon it while paying attention. Too many people, i fear, unnecissarily think that limited playtime is all that you get for free, resulting in unnecissarily harsh reviews on the google playstore.

Last edited:

ER777

Sep 8, 2012
Interesting, I guess I just didn't search very well the first time then.

I tried it out a bit, seems pretty good but I'm not sure I'm ready to anoint it as pinball king just yet.

iCub

Oct 8, 2012
It's so embarrassing that Rob-o-bot has only had 100+ Android downloads.
I really hope Anders doesn't just wash his hands of us.

I put a thread on Zen forums at Xmas and mentioned to Shane Monroe (Retrogaming Radio), but can't think of anything else to get this moving.
Beautiful piece of programming and Artwork.

I picked up Rob-O-Bot based on your recommendation and absolutely love it. I've told a number of my friends about it in the hope of boosting sales but most of them are iOS users.
There are too many Android users who expect everything for nothing; you only have to read the embarrassing reviews of both TPA and Zen on Android where people declare outrage that only one table is free. They call the developers "money grubbers" and the like; how do they think games developers make a living? Sometimes I think the whole App Store concept has started to erode the hobby that I have held dear for most of my life. Freemium, pay to win, game cloning, shovelware, and the race to the bottom price wise are slowly spoiling the future. You only have to look at the "Top Grossing Apps" on Google Play to see what dross is making the most money. For every 1 quality 99c app that gets noticed enough to turn a profit, there are many more that sink without a trace.

From what I have read online, developers are finding there is more money to be made on some of the smaller platforms such as Blackberry, Windows Phone, PS Vita and Playstation Mobile, where it is easier to get noticed, there is a higher game expectation and people are less price sensitive.

Anyway, I shall continue to spread the word about Rob-O-Bot in the hope that it's just a slow starter.

Last edited:

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
I picked up Rob-O-Bot based on your recommendation and absolutely love it. I've told a number of my friends about it in the hope of boosting sales but most of them are iOS users.
There are too many Android users who expect everything for nothing; you only have to read the embarrassing reviews of both TPA and Zen on Android where people declare outrage that only one table is free. They call the developers "money grubbers" and the like; how do they think games developers make a living? Sometimes I think the whole App Store concept has started to erode the hobby that I have held dear for most of my life. Freemium, pay to win, game cloning, shovelware, and the race to the bottom price wise are slowly spoiling the future. You only have to look at the "Top Grossing Apps" on Google Play to see what dross is making the most money. For every 1 quality 99c app that gets noticed enough to turn a profit, there are many more that sink without a trace.

From what I have read online, developers are finding there is more money to be made on some of the smaller platforms such as Blackberry, Windows Phone, PS Vita and Playstation Mobile, where it is easier to get noticed, there is a higher game expectation and people are less price sensitive.

Anyway, I shall continue to spread the word about Rob-O-Bot in the hope that it's just a slow starter.

Wow if rob-o-bot plays like the video on the play store its physics are amazing. I should be able to grab it tomorrow. How can I keep forgetting to check it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.