The PS3 "super patch"

Primero

Sep 12, 2013
I care about them because they add more replayability to games. I would have stopped playing tables like Genie and Black Knight if it weren't for trying to get the trophy for completing all goals.

That's kind of false "replayability" though. If you would have stopped playing those tables, then it means you don't like them. Which means you're forcing yourself to play them just for the trophies, and honestly, that's kind of silly. That's not true replay value. You have to be enjoying it, replaying the game for fun's sake in order for the "value" to kick in. Because the "value" in video games comes from how much fun we get out of them, because yes, that's the point of playing games in the first place. If you're merely a trophy hunter, just say so, it's alright. You don't have to fabricate phony "reasons" to justify their existence.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
Hey guys, as far as trophies go, FarSight hit their cap and Sony will not make an exception. As far as the flipper lag, I'd be tremendously surprised if they got it better than the 1frame it's currently at. The megapatch is primarily to fix art issues and table specific bugs. Anything above and beyond that should come as a welcome surprise, not an expected feature.

Did farsight comment on it at some point? If so I must have missed it.

The last comment I saw regarding the possibility of adding trophies for the missing tables on se02 and the upcoming se03 is that they were going to discuss it with Sony, but after several attempts on asking for updates on here and Facebook they went radio silent.

If you have a link with the response I'd be interested in it.
Thanks.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I don't have a link. It might have been said in chat by Mike or Stewart. The gist was that Sony has their trophy cap, and it is per game including whatever DLC might come.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
That's kind of false "replayability" though. If you would have stopped playing those tables, then it means you don't like them. Which means you're forcing yourself to play them just for the trophies, and honestly, that's kind of silly. That's not true replay value. You have to be enjoying it, replaying the game for fun's sake in order for the "value" to kick in. Because the "value" in video games comes from how much fun we get out of them, because yes, that's the point of playing games in the first place. If you're merely a trophy hunter, just say so, it's alright. You don't have to fabricate phony "reasons" to justify their existence.

I totally disagree. I have over 22,000 games. I don't force myself to play anything. :p
The fun comes from completing the goals and getting the trophy. The trophies are adding fun to make up for the table's shortcomings.

Weather you agree or not it's selfish to say "I hate trophies, therefore Farsight should do away with them.", for example.
It's really not much different than wanting to get a high score or wanting to collect all of the coins in a game. Some people enjoy that sort of thing (me) while others don't. To each their own.

I do find it strange that Sony is not giving Farsighted more trophy points though since Sony's own policy states that every game and significant DLC add-on must have trophy support.

Anyway, it's a moot point since they are not going to be included in the megapatch and there is almost zero chance they will be added later.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
Let's not go down this road, please. This forum is about pinball. There shouldn't be any name calling in pinball. I say apologies all around and I'll buy the beer! :D

Last edited by a moderator:

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
How about them Lakers...

Please don't make me sad. I feel like I'm rooting on some college team who got a chance to play against an NBA team. Last season was hard, this season is, I don't know. If they suffer any more injuries, they're gonna have to pull fans out of the stands to play for them.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
Well i just deleted all my tables from my Vita and now just awaiting the Patch any news about how long?

Bobby said to expect the patch before Christmas, but he didn't say which Christmas. ;)

I was looking forward to the patch for a long while, but since moving onto the PS4, I don't really car so much. The PS4 version streamed onto the Vita will look better than anything the patch can fix.

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
Well i just deleted all my tables from my Vita and now just awaiting the Patch any news about how long?

Farsight expects a 2014 first quarter release for the megapatch.

So we can expect this summer. :cool:

Since the megapatch has been delayed, I haven't turn on my PS3 to play TPA... (or any other game)

EDIT: oh! there's a new PS3 tournament since yesterday. I have to remove the dust from my console I guess.:eek:

Last edited:

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
It would have been nice NOT to include tables in the tournament that really need to be fixed CC comes to mind, I cannot stand the blatant problems with this table (ghost popouts) WTF were they thinking and then through BK in as a substitute!? Hopefully there will be a change log of whats fixed and not have to go through the whole game guessing what actually got fixe.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.