The PS3 "super patch"

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
Thanks! that helps a lot! I am able to reproduce this but the collision happens further down near the alien. It appears there is a rubber post the ball is colliding with that alters it's path.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
Thanks!

There should not be any unseen collision as described. Whether the game is too easy or difficult, we try our best to emulate the real table. If there isn't a bump on the real table, there shouldn't be in the game.

In regards to the ball going up the left side and hitting something, could this be the wire gate? Here is a video of a live table being played where it hits the wire gate. Is the issue mainly with the Stroke of luck scoop?

http://papa.org/2012/11/30/attack-from-mars-gameplay/
From 5:12 to 5:15 you can see the ball hit from the right flipper into the top left lane which loops around then hits a closed wire gate.

I can confirm that this has been fixed on the PS4. My daughter and I just played AFM for over an hour on the PS4 and didn't hit this invisible bump once. We stopped playing the PS3 version because that bug or feature drove us nuts.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
looks like balls are still passing through the right flipper on CFTBL still, just had this happen on my first play of the tournament. Very aggravating to say it nicely.

Tabe

Apr 12, 2012
Thanks! that helps a lot! I am able to reproduce this but the collision happens further down near the alien. It appears there is a rubber post the ball is colliding with that alters it's path.

If it's not already fixed on the PS3 in the super patch, and you somehow get it in there, you'll be my hero forever. AFM is my favorite table on TPA and I hesitate to play it because of that very bug.

ER777

Sep 8, 2012
There should not be any unseen collision as described. Whether the game is too easy or difficult, we try our best to emulate the real table. If there isn't a bump on the real table, there shouldn't be in the game.

This gets a thumbs up from me!

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
I can confirm that this has been fixed on the PS4. My daughter and I just played AFM for over an hour on the PS4 and didn't hit this invisible bump once. We stopped playing the PS3 version because that bug or feature drove us nuts.

It was fixed in AFM on platforms other than the PS3; it wasn't fixed in CC. FlippyFloppy should probably talk to Bobby King about it, he's the one who said in an interview something to the effect of he added a 10% chance of the ball taking a different path coming out of the orbit shot to increase the difficulty on those tables. It was not well received. Would be nice to get removed from CC too, on all platforms. There's gotta be a better way to balance difficulty than randomly sending the ball STDM in a physically impossible way.

EDIT: Or maybe he just said that about CC, specifically? If Flippy's correct about it being due to a post in AFM...never really felt to me like a post collision that was doing it, though.

Last edited:

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
looks like balls are still passing through the right flipper on CFTBL still, just had this happen on my first play of the tournament. Very aggravating to say it nicely.

Balls can still pass through flippers if they're hit into the flipper by another ball at close range.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
no this was a raised flipper waiting for the ball to eject and it rolled right through it, I remember this from when it first came out its just been so long since I played. Yeah the multiball thing is that frame of animation or something annoying as hell.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
its not hitting a rubber post if you change to a lower camera angle you'll see its covered and no way sticking out to cause this unlike the other side, it happens there too but that rubber post is exposed. Kinda wish FS didn't use this table in the tournament before its fixed this popout is really pissing me off!

Primero

Sep 12, 2013
I haven't played Attack From Mars in a while, but I do remember that little bump or whatever it is pushing the ball out into the middle of the table which resulted in a drain the first time it caught me off guard. But... I also remember that I just started nudging at the same time it hit that spot (or a little before, or a little after), and I never had a problem with it again. I agree it should be fixed, but at the same time, I think some of the complaining about it just has a bit too much "hopelessness" accompanying it. People quit too easily. There's always a way to deal with a problem until it gets fixed... just depends on how much you care, I guess.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
I haven't played Attack From Mars in a while, but I do remember that little bump or whatever it is pushing the ball out into the middle of the table which resulted in a drain the first time it caught me off guard. But... I also remember that I just started nudging at the same time it hit that spot (or a little before, or a little after), and I never had a problem with it again. I agree it should be fixed, but at the same time, I think some of the complaining about it just has a bit too much "hopelessness" accompanying it. People quit too easily. There's always a way to deal with a problem until it gets fixed... just depends on how much you care, I guess.

I don't know how that worked for you when the glitch only happens 1/4th of the time or less. The reason why we're talking about it is because someone from FarSight is posting on here about fixing things but didn't seem to understand what the problem is.

Primero

Sep 12, 2013
Yeah, I remember that it didn't happen every time. But I just started nudging any time the ball would go through that lane anyway, just to avoid the potential bump. I simply trained myself to react that way to that spot. I don't recall having any issue with instant drains after I started doing that and I was able to put up 48 billion and complete all standard and wizard goals using that strategy, so it must be pretty good, yes? :)

I know 48 billion pales in comparison to some of the scores up there, but I think it's pretty damn good considering I barely played it! I could probably score higher, but AFM wasn't necessarily one of my favorite tables to begin with. :D

Last edited:

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
the fact that were even discussing this after the PATCH has been submitted is troubling.

Big +1.

I immediately thought that when FlippyFloppy has asked informations about this AFM bug... :/

Wasn't the fix supposed to be include in the upcoming megapatch?

I didn't say anything because we have at least (at last) a patch for the PS3 version...

We'll see the megapatch content... but I begin to doubt (the AFM bug is very old bug... and the fix seems to not be included... erf.)

Last edited:

Tabe

Apr 12, 2012
I will try to remain hopeful in that this glitch was fixed in all the other versions awhile ago. Maybe it's actually fixed in the ps3 version, too.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
we were suppose to get it before christmas but something to do with PSN not doing something during the holidays it got delayed till next month/year.

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts