The PS3 "super patch"

DarkAkatosh

May 23, 2012
I hope I'm wrong about this but FS doesn't seem to give two craps about the vita. Although the product seems to have gotten progressively better with each new pack.

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
Helllo Skill_Shot,

After testing it the collisions reported that as the ball was rolling down the wall, it collided with the rubber post which was causing the ball to drain down the middle. Even though the post is not sticking out, the collision for the object is. I just double checked that this bug was fixed and will be in the next patch.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
sweeet! maybe its an optical illusion but it seems as if the ball accelerates considerably, shooting to the left and it looping around not noticeable but if a ball strays that way from the pops right after the post is just ZOOMS! Thanks again Flip happy new years.

Primero

Sep 12, 2013
Central Park has the same thing on the top of each of the large slingshots... sometimes the ball rolls down smoothly and lands right on the nearest flipper, other times it hits a little bump and moves toward the drain... yet no one complains about it. They only complain about AFM.

???

Darrell Harding

Mar 28, 2013
Straight from Facebook the direct reply to me is that the super patch is still in development and has not even been submitted yet so I wouldn't even imagine we will see it in January as has been stated by Farsight on the Facebook page. When asked how it could possibly be released in January given that it hadn't been submitted and given that Farsight always state Sony has a lengthy approval process I received no response :-(

nstalkie

Jun 30, 2013
I don't mind if it comes later, I just hope it fixes all things people want fixed properly.
better do it right, then to push it out of the door and doing it half-assed

MonkeyGrass

Jul 11, 2013
Come on, are we surprised?

Not this guy. I really don't care so much *when* it comes out, just that it *does* at some point before they move on from the PS3 altogether.

It would also make sense, if they are going to replace GUI resources and libraries, to go ahead and do that WITH the Super-Patch, instead of having another update to the update a month or two later.

I find it amusing that so many folks knock on FS's QC and bugs, yet have ZERO patience with the process and the time it takes. You want another half-assed, rushed out the door UI and more bugs (this time that may never get fixed?).

Not me. Take your time FS. Getting it RIGHT is far more important that putting it out FAST.

Patience, young grasshoppers. Patience.

DarkAkatosh

May 23, 2012
Straight from Facebook the direct reply to me is that the super patch is still in development and has not even been submitted yet so I wouldn't even imagine we will see it in January as has been stated by Farsight on the Facebook page. When asked how it could possibly be released in January given that it hadn't been submitted and given that Farsight always state Sony has a lengthy approval process I received no response :-(

They holidays are over so maybe there will be a quicker turnaround.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
why would they tell us around christmas then its been delayed when it hasn't been submitted? Im all for get it done right, but this isnt right.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I really don't care so much *when* it comes out, just that it *does* at some point before they move on from the PS3 altogether.

It would also make sense, if they are going to replace GUI resources and libraries, to go ahead and do that WITH the Super-Patch, instead of having another update to the update a month or two later.

Absolutely. I've lived with it as it currently is for this long, I can wait some more. Would love nothing more than to see the Mega Patch WITH new UI. To me it would be like when Zen came out with Zen 2. I'd already played the tables, but having them wrapped in a new package AND receive some new game tweaks...felt like a whole new game rather than just a fix.

why would they tell us around christmas then its been delayed when it hasn't been submitted? Im all for get it done right, but this isnt right.

Things said by FarSight that should always be taken with a grain of salt...

- ANY general release date.
- Actual release dates unless confirmed by Sony, Apple, or Google separately.
- The phrases "we'd like to", "we want to", or "it's on our radar" being mistaken for anything but exactly that.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012

Maybe Sony told them to not bother to submit it in December so they decided to keep working on it.

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
Straight from Facebook the direct reply to me is that the super patch is still in development and has not even been submitted yet so I wouldn't even imagine we will see it in January as has been stated by Farsight on the Facebook page.

LMAO!

Not even surprised.

Like most of you guys, FS can take all the time they want to release a PERFECT megapatch, not a problem for me.

But, come on... they really have a big problem concerning public relation.

Just a reminder:

Since we first released the Season One tables on PS3 and PS Vita, we’ve been making fixes and improvements to our engine and each table. These fixes will soon be released for those platforms in a big patch that should be out in January. The PS4 version will get this updated gameplay on day one.

From Mr Bobby King himself, on the Official playsation Blog. (> http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/12/16/pinball-arcade-out-tomorrow-on-ps4/ )

How can he say that on the December 16th, whereas the patch wasn't even submitted to Sony (and given the six weeks approval process) and moreover, not even planned to be submitted (they were still working on it)!!!

Maybe, the submission has been postponed at the last minute, I see only that as a reasonable explanation.

Last edited:

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
maybe FS forgot to include 19 and 20 bug fixes since they were scheduled before the patch in that case fine up to season 3 fixed I get that, just dont piss on my head and try to tell me its raining...maybe I like it :p

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts