The PS3 "super patch"

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
On page 16 of this thread, from FlippyFloppy:

"The new UI is currently being worked on so it is a separate deal. The Mega-patch pretty much is a bunch of smaller patches for all of the tables, but because all of the Rez. files are being changed which we don't normally do and from what I heard, Sony frowns upon."

http://digitalpinballfans.com/showt...per-patch-quot?p=136991&viewfull=1#post136991

Ahh OK, thanks guys.

No biggie. It gives us something else to look forward to even after the patch on 4/1.

Byte

Nov 11, 2012
Oh, I'm ready. I'm just hoping that --like still on Android and on Steam right now (!!)-- we may see the Season 3 Pack purchase option (e.g. it was already submitted to Sony before it could be removed).

Once Season 3 draws to an end, it's time to decide for PC or PS4 for me.

Lazareth

Apr 13, 2013
Not me. I'll be buying tables for my PS3 for as long as they continue to release them. I won't be getting a PS4 until I start hearing about the PS5 coming soon. ;)

LeRoy3rd

May 18, 2013
Decided to ditch my investment in vita, ps3, and android, and go strictly with PC from now on, then I won't be having this discussion again in another 5 years (about whether I should rebuy all the tables AGAIN on ANOTHER platform)

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
WooHoo... T-minus 9 days until the Super Patch launches.
Hold onto your pinballs! ;)

Let's hope there won't be any problems (savefile crash, difficulty to DL the updated tables, etc.)

Sony had 6 weeks to check the patch, and to prepare everything.

Rayder

Mar 21, 2014
I just want White Water to work without locking up the PS3. If they only fixed just that, I'd be happy. Any other interface bugs are minor compared to that issue.

And of course I want the Season 3 tables.....

Trenchbroom

Apr 20, 2013
I just want White Water to work without locking up the PS3. If they only fixed just that, I'd be happy. Any other interface bugs are minor compared to that issue.

And of course I want the Season 3 tables.....

They better fix MUCH more than just White Water!

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
We forgot to ask something!

If the megapatch will finally include the HoF system points... I didn't read anything about that, so I guess it won't.

grashopper

Sep 14, 2012
We forgot to ask something!

If the megapatch will finally include the HoF system points... I didn't read anything about that, so I guess it won't.

I really don't understand why we haven't had that from the beginning. Bit silly to leave it out.

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
Tonight, I will check if there is the megapatch update.

The April 1st is the release of FT and Black Rose on the PS Store.

But sometimes, the game update (in this case, the megapatch, not the new tables datas -as it was already in the last update-) comes one week before. So, who knows...

Is it basically the same to the player score (forget the name) in Zen?

I don't remember very well how the player score works in Zen (it involves the time of play versus the score, I guess)

The HoF points system is pretty simple: there is a target score for each table. Reach it, and you earn the max points, 1000 pts.

For example:

Medieval Madness - HoF score: 550 millions.

550M or more = 1000 points
275M = 500 points
55M = 100 points
and so on.

ER777

Sep 8, 2012
Is it basically the same to the player score (forget the name) in Zen?

Its very similar but a little different in how its calculated. There's still a maximum of 1000 points available per table but Zen's pro score is based on your percentile (x10) on the leaderboard rather than an absolute score target. If 100 people played a table and you were #60 that would make you the 40th percentile and therefore your pro score for that table would be 400 (or maybe it would actually be the 41st percentile for 410 points in that scenario but you get the point).

Zen's system makes it very dependent on how many total people have played a table for how hard it is to get a perfect score. The problem there is that as the leaderboard fills up to the maximum of 100000 people there are a lot (~100 people aside from rounding) spots that all automatically get a perfect score of 1000 points even if the scores aren't that great.

Edit: It appears they actually go out to tenths of a percentile so only ~100 people would get the full 1000 points on a full leaderboard

Last edited:

Rayder

Mar 21, 2014
I noticed that there were two extra add-ons for Pinball Arcade for the PS3/Vita on PSN. Used to be 59, now there are 61. I excitedly went to immediately purchase what I thought would be a couple season 3 tables....but no. All the two "new" add-ons are is season 1 and 2 pro upgrades. (search TPA addons with "newest first" to find them quickly) They are already marked as purchased, but I didn't buy them....but I did buy the old pro passes (which are still listed) already a long time ago. Hmm.....apparently they updated something?

Season 1 Pro Upgrade is 70.1MB

Season 2 Pro Upgrade is 2MB

I KNOW they are new, because I've been watching and there was 59 addons for TPA for ages, now it is 61.

Somebody go for it and report. I just spotted it, but I gotta go to bed. I work tomorrow.....I usually only mess with the games on the weekends. Just don't have much time during the week....unfortunately.

Edit: Well, didn't fix White Water on PS3....still locks up. Noticed Dr. Dude's scoreboard on the backglass is out of proportion on the Vita, was it always like that? And it still moves like molasses.

At least it didn't screw up my tables. I originally had a heck of a time getting season 2 up and running completely. When I first set all this up, season 2 would always end up having missing tables. I have all of everything currently available for PS3/Vita and season 2 was a bear to get complete on both. Possibly these 2 new pro upgrade files fixed that? Otherwise, I don't see what these 2 new addons really did that wasn't already in place.

Last edited:

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
I KNOW they are new, because I've been watching and there was 59 addons for TPA for ages, now it is 61.

We have 64 add-ons for TPA in Europe. :p

And the season 1&2 pro upgrades discount is not available in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts